Chapter Twenty

{Betty's POV}

   As I stood here, among nearly every Southside Serpent member, I felt at home. Everyone was happy, with drinks in their hands waiting for me to enter the stage.

   Standing here, I realize that I will soon be a member of this amazing group of people. I will finally be apart of something that I could actually call a family.

   "And now, what you've all be waiting for" a voice said over the speaker. "Betty Cooper" as I hear my name, I begin my accent onto the stage. The song, "Mad World" begins playing and within seconds my body begins swaying to the beat. As I remove my clothing, unveiling the black lace lingerie, my eyes connect with Jugheads. He's leaning against the pool table, his arms folded and his eyebrows furrowed. All I can see in his eyes is darkness, and the only explanation is how much he didn't want me to do this.

   As I continue moving along to the music, some people cheering here and there, I'm stopped in my tracks. Veronica, Cheryl and Toni are suddenly next to me, moving along to the music. Veronica, in navy blue lingerie. Cheryl, in cherry red lingerie. Toni, in hot pink lingerie. All of them moving along to the music. The bar is going wild, everyone cheering and clapping. As we all move together, my eyes search for Jugheads. He's no longer in sight as the dance quickly comes to an end.

Everyone is cherry and whistling, everyone's eyes on us. My eyes scan those of Cheryl, Toni and V. Their smiles are wide.

"Everyone, give these lovely woman a hand!!" Joaquin says as he and Jughead make their way onto the stage. Once again, everyone goes wild.

"Before we continue, I have an announcement!" Jughead starts, his eyes meeting mine. "As your king, I here by abolish the sexist dance that is required of new Serpent leaders!" He announces. His eyes don't leave mine as my brain churns with questions. The bar is quiet, whispers. "Any Serpent leader after me will no longer be required to bring a Northsider here for this dance!"

My mind is racing. This dance was meant as a trial to become a member of the Southside Serpents, but what Jughead is saying now...

"Now everyone, to start, please welcome to the family Veronica Lodge!" Jughead exclaims. My eyes widen with surprise, all I can think is what the hell is happening!? I watch Veronica as she stands before Jughead, in her lingerie, to receive a Southside Serpent jacket. As he helps her into the jacket, her face fills with nothing but pure joy. As everyone claps and whistles, Sweetpea comes onto the stage. With the biggest smile I've ever seen Veronica have, she jumps into Sweetpeas arms.

"Also give a round of applause for Cheryl and Toni! They did this dance as a favor to me, and unknowingly, a favor to Betty!" Jughead says. As they smile, their hands entwined, their eyes meet mine. As Cheryl comes towards me and wraps me in a hug, she whispers..

"Give him a chance to explain"

"And now, the moment I've waited for since the moment I met her... Betty, could you come here please?" Jughead says. As I stand there, my eyes scanning the crowd, they land on Jugheads. His eyes filled with sadness and hope.

What do I do? Do I leave? Do I stay?

Give him a chance to explain.

As those words repeat in my mind, I know what I should do and what I want to do.

So I walk forward.

"Please welcome to the family..." He starts as he wraps the jacket around my shoulders. "Betty Cooper!" He says, as I snake my arms in. My eyes never leave his. "Everyone..... You're Serpent Queen!!!" He yells. As he does my eyes scan the floor, everyone clapping and whistling. My heart flutters as I look out at the people who are now my family. The people who would die for me, as I'd die for them.

"All hail the Serpent Queen!!" Everyone chants. I smile as I turn to Jughead. He is smiling, wider than I've ever seen, as he chants as well.

As we exit the stage, everyone begins talking to one another as I'm guided up the stairs into Jugheads room.

We're silent as he closes the door behind us. As I look at myself in the full body mirror, I'm happy. As I'm still wearing the black lace lingerie, I'm now wear a Serpent jacket. My Serpent jacket.

"Why did you lie?" I ask, breaking the silence. He's sitting on the edge of the bed, head lowered.

"I had to.... I was scared of disappointing my father" he nearly whispered. As I looked at him, I couldn't help but feel bad.

"You had no right." I said.

"I know.... I'm going to be apologizing for this for the rest of my life, Betty"

"Jughead...." I started. As I walked closer to him, I could see the tears stream down his cheeks. "Don't you ever, EVER lie to me again. I am your queen now, I deserve better than that" at the mention of the word queen, his eyes snap up to mine.

"You're staying?" He asks. I entangle his hand in mine.

"I'm staying"

__________________

Why hello there!!!!

This chapter is really shitty and short, im sorry!!!!

- Danii LeeAnn