Chapter Thirty Two

{Betty's POV}

   The sun was peeking through the mostly closed blinds, shining on the messy bed. I squinted my eyes, trying to adjust to the light. With a small stretch I turned to my right as my eyes landed on a sleeping Jughead. His black hair was messy with bed head, the thin sheet pushed down to only cover his legs. He was breathing softly, still fast asleep.

   The events of last night played on repeat in my head as I gazed at the beautiful man next to me. He said it. He finally said he loved me.

   Jughead Jones. King of the Southside Serpents. A man who people where in from think is a killer. A man most people are terrified of.

   My stomach exploded with butterflies as I replayed last night. After our sweet moment, things got heated. We had, had some wine so it was actually sort of blurry.

   I slowly stood to my feet, trying my hardest not to make too much noise. I was in nothing but one of his t-shirts, barely covering my butt. I quickly pulled on a pair of shorts and made my way down the stairs. The bar was pretty empty, only a few people here along with Toni behind the counter.

   "You're actually awake!" She exclaimed noticing my presence.

   "What do you mean? It's like 10" I chuckled taking a seat on a stool.

   "You know what I mean! Don't think I didn't hear you last night" she said as she poured me a glass of water and sent an evil smirk my way. I could feel my cheeks heat up as I covered my face in embarrassment. "So how was it?"

   "Toni!" I exclaimed.

   "Not the sex!!" She yelled. "How was the dinner?" She smiled. My embarrassment was replaced by more butterflies.

   "Wait! Wait for us!" Veronica exclaimed from behind me. I turned to see her and Cheryl in the pajamas walking towards us.

   "How did you know I was up?" I asked as they plopped down next to me.

   "Please, those stairs squeak so much. It's impossible to not know whether you and Jug are up" Cheryl pointed out. I let out a small laugh.

   "So, as you all know, we had a candle lit dinner. He got us Pops"

   "Come on Jug, couldn't be any more romantic!?" Veronica joked.

   "I loved it. And then I asked what it was all for so he took me to the spot we went to when he first took me to the roof. He started saying all these sweet things about our time together...... and then he said he loved me" I said with the largest smile ever. They all cooed, causing me to chuckle. "And of course I said it back"

   "Oh my god! Betty, I'm so happy for you!!!" Veronica cheered as she ran and wrapped her arms around me. "My bestie is finally happy again!!" She cooed.

   "I'm so happy for you both, really. I honestly never thought Jug would find someone. Especially not someone who actually truly loves him" Cheryl smiled.

   "I'm so happy you guys found each other" Toni smiled.

   "You guys are so sweet!" I exclaimed, causing them to laugh. Soon Toni and Cheryl were engulfed in their own conversation. "How are you and Sweet Pea doing?" I asked V. His name brought a smile to her lips, making me feel warm inside.

   "Were actually really good" she smiled. "He treats me right and he actually shows how he feels for me. You remember how Archie used to act as though we were just friends when he was around his football buddies" she sighed.

   "I remember... he's still such a kid. I'm sorry he treated you so badly for so long V"

   "It's not your fault, B. Like you said, he's a kid. I'm just happy I found Sweet Pea. And I owe it all to you" she smiled as she grabbed my hand. I smiled back, squeezing her hand. "Op. Look who it is! Mr. Lover Boy!" Veronica exclaimed, looking behind me. I turned to be met with tired Jug eyes. He wrapped his arms around my shoulder, placing a kiss on my head as he leaned on me.

   "Good morning to you too, Veronica" he chuckled. "Good morning beautiful" he then said in my ear, causing chills to go down my spine.

   "Ugh, now I want my Lover Boy. Sweet Pea!!"she yelled as she made her way back to his, or their, room. Jug and I laughed as he moved to take her seat.

   "Well hello there, sleepy head" I joked with a smile. Without a word, he Leander forward and kissed me. I melted into the kiss, never wanting it to stop. But sadly, it did.

   "Have you been awake long?" He asked.

   "Not too long, I just sat here with the girls talking about girl things"

   "Oh really!?" He laughed. I nodded. We fell silent for a moment. Just sitting here. "Betty.... about last night.... I just want to make sure you didn't say that.. you know... just because I did. If you don't feel that way, it's okay!" He rambled. I honestly had the urge to slap him in the face. But I didn't, I just smacked his arm slightly. "Owe! What was that for!?"

   "Jughead! I said I loved you, because I love you. I truly love you, Jughead. And nothing's going to change that" I stated, cupping his cheek with one hand. "I love you" I said once more. He looked at me with hope in his eyes.

   "I love you too, Betty... so much" he whispered. My smile widened as I leaned forward to kiss him. The kiss lingered a moment, both of us smiling into it. Until we were interrupted by a loud scream. We broke apart instantly, running towards the scream. A crowd was forming at the entrance, everyone gasping. Jughead and I pushed through to see Fangs laying on the ground, with a bullet wound in his torso.

   "Fangs!? What the hell!?" Jughead yelled as we quickly dropped down to him, attempting to stop the bleeding.

   "Call the cops!!" I screamed as I put pressure on his wound. "What the fuck happened!?"

   "I-I don't know! I was leaving and I saw an old truck pull up and push him out!" A girl yelled with wide eyes.

   "The cops are on their way" Cheryl yelled over the gasps. Quickly, Sweet Pea was by our side helping Jughead try to stop the bleeding. With blood covering my hands a parts of my legs, I stood by Veronica as she looked down in horror.

   "V... she said that she saw an old truck push Fangs out...." I whispered. She looked at me in horror, obviously thinking the same as me.

   "He couldn't...... would he?" She said, her voice shaking. I didn't know what to say to her.

   Could he actually do something like this?

   Could Archie Andrews actually shoot someone?

___________________

Hello everyone!!!

I'm so sorry I haven't updated much, I've been having a long week!!

I'm going to try to update one more chapter tonight!!!

But whaaaaaaaaat!? Archie!?!?!

- Danii LeeAnn