Chapter Fourty Two

{Jugheads POV}

A gun shot fills our surrounds, causing me to stop dead in my tracks. No. No way in hell. He couldn't have shot her!!

The world was spinning in slow motion as I watched Edgar, and the gun. He stood there frozen, his eyes trained on his daughter. No one was moving.

And suddenly, he fell to his knees. The gun fell from his hands. Behind him, was Malachi. Holding a gun. Malachi had shot Edgar in the head.

"Dad!!!!!!!!!" Evelyn screamed. But I didn't care. I just ran. Ran towards Betty. She was still on her knees, slowly beginning to fall to the ground. If felt like years before I finally reached her. I fell to my knees beside her, catching her in my arms as she fell to the ground.

"Betty..." I said, my eyes looking over her limo body. She was barely conscious, using all her strength to hold the towel to her stomach. "Betty......" I cried, moving her hair out of her face.

"Jug....." she choked as her eyes began closing.

"Someone call an ambulance!!!!!!!" I screamed. As she fell unconscious, I applied pressure to the wound I had yet to see. "It's okay Juliet, you're going to be okay" I cried. "You're going to be okay....."

***

12 hours.

She has now been in surgery for 12 hours.

12 hours that she still hasn't been in my arms.

"Jughead... you need to sleep..." Toni suggested handing me a hot cup of shitty hospital coffee. I ignored her and continued staring off towards the doors in which I wasn't able to pass. "She's a fighter Jug... she'll make it" and that's when a doctor pushed through those doors. I immediately stood to my feet and made my presence known.

"Jughead Jones?" He asked.

"That's me. How is she??" I asked. He let out a heavy sigh.

"We were about to get the wound closed and stop the bleeding. She lost a lot of blood, 5 more minutes and she would have died" he explained. It's as though someone pulled my heart out of my chest, thinking about the possibility of her dying.

"W-when can I see her?" I asked.

"She still unconscious, she should be awake here soon. If you follow me I can take you to her room but, only one at a time for now" he stated. I nodded and began following him without a word. My heart was pounding with fear as I grew closer and closer to seeing her.

How can I ever forgive myself? She nearly died because of me!

How can I ever expect her to forgive me?

And then I saw her, lying on the hospital bed. She looked so peaceful, breathing softly as she slept.

"Talking to her my help her wake up" the doctor informed me before leaving to go wash up. I just looked at her as I slowly made my way to the side of her bed. The blood had been cleaned off of her, leaving the cuts behind.

"Ohh Betty..... I'm so sorry..." I whispered. "I'm so fucking sorry this happened to you... this is all my fault..." I said as tears began forming in my eyes. I engulfed her hand in mine, allowing my tears to fall. "I will never let anything happen to you again..." I cried.

As I sat here, with tears streaming down my cheeks, my eyes fixated on the love of my life. I knew. I never wanted to lose here again. I never wanted to put her life in danger.

"Why are you crying?" Her soft, raspy voice said snapping me into reality. Her ocean eyes were open and a smile screen across her face. "Hi Jug" she smiled.

"H-hi" I cried with a happy laugh as she attempted sitting up. She winced in pain. "B-be careful... you might rip your stitches..."

"Is Veronica okay?" She asked.

"She has some bruises and cuts, but she's okay" I assured. The room fell silent as I just watched her. "I'm so sorry Betty....... I'm so sorry I put you in so much danger...." I cried.

"Jughead, don't do that. This is not your fault!!" She assured. "This is the fault of some lunatic father and daughter.... not yours" she stated, forcing me to look at her.

"I love you so much.." I cried. I couldn't stop crying. She smiled wide with a chuckle.

"I love you too" she smiled. Quicker than I probably should have, I pressed my lips against hers. Oh how I missed this. Missed her taste and the softness of her lips. I never wanted to stop.

As I sat here, kissing and holding the love of my life, I knew what I needed to do. What I wanted to do.

Suddenly, we were interrupted by footsteps.

"Were so sorry to interrupt..." I female doctor said. I kept her hand in mine as we both turned to the doctors. "Elizabeth.... we found something that you need to know..."

"What is it?" She asked worried.

"Are you currently taking birth control?" The doctor asked. I turned to Betty with a questioning look.

"Umm, I was but so much has been happening that I forgot a few days... why?" She asked.

"Elizabeth, Betty....... you're pregnant." The doctor said with a worried smile. My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat.

"W-what?? How???? I mean...." Betty stuttered with wide eyes.

"We were just as surprised as you were. When you got stabbed, the blade missed the vital area holding the baby, seance how you were stabbed more on your side. While you lost a lot of blood.... your baby is still forming" she explained. As I sat here speechless, I only looked at Betty. Pregnant? "I understand it's a lot to process... I'll come back in awhile with more information."

   I turned to Betty as she did the same, both of our eyes wide with surprise, concern and confusion.

   "Were........ pregnant" she stated.

   "Yeah........" I didn't know what to say. As I sit here, I know I should feel more scared and angry but..... the only emotion filling me is happiness.

   "I know I shouldn't be but...... I'm happy...." she explained. My eyes snapped to her, she was beginning to smile. "Jughead... a-are you okay with this?"

   "Betty.... I've never heard more amazing news in my life" I smiled.

   Pregnant. Betty is pregnant. With my child.

   We're pregnant.

____________________
Hello everyone!!!!

SHES ALIVE!!!!!

And pregnant!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT!?

-Danii LeeAnn