Chapter Sixteen

{Jughead's POV}

I stood there, silent and frozen. My mind was racing with every possible question I could think of.

How is my dad here?

Why is Penney here?

What is going on?

"Come on, Jughead. Give your old man a hug!" Penney exclaimed. My blood boiled at the sound of her voice.

"What are you doing here, Penney? You were banished remember?" I stated. Her answer was a witch of a chuckle. "Dad? How did you get out?"

"He's out because I got him out. And since I did that, I came for what I deserve." She stated. She began walking towards Betty and I, her smirk never leaving her face. "I want the Serpents"

"Now hold on, that wasn't apart of the terms" my father intervened.

"Now, now FP. Here me out"

"No." I stated, causing all eyes to drift towards me. "Not here. We'll settle this privately" I ordered.

"Fine! But I always get what I want, kid" she stated before making her way towards the door that leads to the basement. My father followed, his eyes filled with fear.

"Betty, you stay here with Fangs. Got it? No matter what happens, no matter what you hear. You don't leave Fangs' side" I order. She only nods before I follow the two most unexpected people. As I make my way downstairs, Penney is sitting at the table while my father is leaned against the wall. "What the fuck are you guys doing here?"

"As I said, I came to get what I deserve" Penney said.

"You're not getting the Serpents Penney, not over my dead body" I growl. Her smile only grows.

"I figured. That's why, I'm down with making this a game of sorts." She starts. "The Ghoulies and I have a pretty sweet business going but, we don't have the room anymore! So I propose, a street race." I couldn't help but laugh at this.

"A street race? Seriously?"

"We win, we get the White Worm and we rule the Southside. Meaning the Serpents do our biding when we say." Penney states. My eyes roll.

"And what if we win?" I ask.

"We stay away, for good. And you continue being Serpent king Jughead" she smiles.

A street race. To determine who stay and who bows down.

"Jughead, this isn't a good idea" my dad states. My eyes snap to him, anger filling me.

"This isn't your decision FP. You're not the Serpent King anymore" Penney says, deviance in her voice. I just look at her, her blonde bangs mostly covering her eyes.

If I agree to this, I could lose the Serpents. Which would push them into a life of selling drugs for the Ghoulies.

If I don't, they will come for us. And they don't play fair.

"Deal" I state. I see my father tense up, his head shaking in disapproval. Penney smile widens as she shakes my hand.

"Two days, Jones. You got two days" she smiles before releasing my hand and heading back up the stairs. She leaves us with a laugh before the door slams shut.

"What have you done, boy!?" My father yells.

"No! This is on you!" I yell back at him. "You're the one that called the snake charmer!"