Chapter 2

My alarm clock is officially the bane of my existence. What is the point in the annoying ringing if I still wake up late for school? "Lexi, I'm leaving without you!" 

We both know that he can't leave without me, so I take my time doing my normal, boring routine, then go downstairs to the kitchen, "Good morning, Sweetie!" Aunt Claire greets me, just as she does every Tuesday when she doesn't work early. I am served pancakes with finely chopped strawberries. 

Not wanting to wait for me to finish my perfect breakfast, Luke bounds towards me, attempting to snatch away my food but fails miserably, "Come on, Lex. We don't have time!" I roll my eyes at Luke, again, "Leave her to eat in peace, Luke. A girl needs her food to get through the day!" Claire says chuckling at Luke's intense stare. 

Nobody enrages you like your twin so, to avoid an argument, I rush my food, gulp down the superior morning beverage - apple juice - and grab my bag whilst being bustled out of the door by Luke. 

Driving down the main road is my favourite. It is thrilling and requires the upmost attention but I can still be lost in my own head. Ironically, I'm pulled from my thoughts when I hear a massive honk from a small car beside me, it's a nice car but no match for mine. She might be old but she can take off as well as any modern sports car with the correct love and care. 

I look into the window of the poky car and see Max in the driver's seat smirking at me, accompanied by Cole and James. Cole has extremely dark brown hair and piercing blue eyes, his skin complexion blurred, void of spots and he wears a red bandanna around his head to support his overgrown fringe and a white T-shirt that hugs his muscles, paired with black jeans. 

Max has black hair and chocolate brown eyes with a glint to his expression but he isn't nearly as mesmerising as Cole. He is wearing a v-neck grey t-shirt and black ripped jeans, similar to the others; they're all similar in their tastes, I gather. James has a haunting quality, a sublime beauty unlike the others. He has a stern face, chocolate brown hair and deep blue eyes, his darker clothing complimenting them perfectly. 

Suddenly, before I even realise, the green light goes and we take off, Max revving his engine but mine clearly louder. I zip past them and slow down as police pass us, the boys grinning as they pass. Luke and I leave them in the dust when the police pull them over, slowing down to a casual pace, making it to the parking lot twenty minutes before they pull next to us. 

After our usual morning chat, avoiding the bustle of the morning in the corridors, we jump out as a fuming Max stomps over, wasting no time after parking to come over, "I hope you're happy! I've been fined!"

Cole and James stride over, Cole's eyes locked with mine. Max turns to Cole and coos like a baby, "What's going on here?" I turn a deeper red "Don't be embarrassed, he's only checking you out!" Max is now laughing hysterically, meanwhile, the rest of us stare at each other in utter silence. 

"You're such a dick," Cole groans to Max, slapping him on the arm as he flinches back with an adorable pout on his face, "You barely know her," James states calmly. Max stops and looks around, "There's only one way to change that. Coles, tonight?" he asks me, winking at me in an attempt to swoon me into attending. 

I ignore his offer, hoping to worm my way out of it before I can offend him, "See you after school," He then drags the boys into the school, not leaving me with time to reply to them. 

However, before I can utter a word to Luke, I feel someone prod my shoulder and I spin around to see the rich bitch, Tess, glaring at me, "Back away from Cole, Alexis, you've got no chance. You're the biggest waste of space in the school," She spits out at me and I simply glance at her before turning around and striding into the school, Luke keeping up a few steps behind me.