Chapter 33

It took a while for us both to wake up this morning. What with the two intimate moments we shared yesterday, alongside winning the game, the incredible party and the downer that ended the night, we are a mix of emotions and getting out of bed to face one of our final days at school seemed too much to bear. However, I eventually dragged myself and Cole out of bed, much to his dismay. 

I pull on my pair of trainers over my cheesy pizza socks and spritz myself with perfume before checking my outfit in the mirror. My favourite pair of Cole's socks are the ones that say 'dab to the left' and 'dab to the right' on each sock, a little dinosaur dabbing in the middle. I would go as far to say that I am a sock connoisseur. Cole never goes out wearing normal socks. He doesn't even own any normal socks, he always wears cheesy meme socks and so do I. 

I throw my bag over my shoulder and bolt down the stairs, grabbing an apple and chomping on it as Cole comes down the stairs. He snatches my bag from me and grabs his car keys before we walk out of the front door after waving to the twins and telling them to wake Ryder up soon or he won't sleep tonight. The babysitter should be there in a half hour. 

***

We arrive at school and head to our first class, which is art, and no one is in my class from my friend group, "Ah, Lexi! Can I have a word?" My teacher exclaims, floating over towards me carelessly. I am convinced that my art teacher is on drugs absolutely every day. She dresses in bizarre clothing and always has a carefree aura around her which is sort of refreshing to be around, "Um, sure," I say, hesitating as she sits down beside me, smiling, "When are you and James going to paint the art?"

"Whenever you'd like us to, we have planned it all out," I inform her with a friendly smile, relieved that I haven't managed to get myself into any trouble. After a few moments of uncomfortable silence whilst she deliberates, she finally answers me, "Well, if it's possible, could you and James come and finish it after school? I'm here 'til half five anyway so it'll be nice for the company," She rambles and I nod. We have drawn it all out and we have painted a great deal of it already, working during our own time and around my rounders practices so it shouldn't take too long for us to finish it. 

"Sure."

"I'm very excited to see this, Lexi. I hope I'm not going to be disappointed?" She says seriously, raising an eyebrow at the end, scrutinising me, "No pressure," She adds and we both laugh at the end. No pressure, my ass! I nod and return to my seat and get on with my work, the only class that I seem to be able to concentrate in at the moment. 

***

I sit down after queueing up for lunch in the cafeteria, I got myself an extra large chicken wrap with a large Yazoo milkshake for Cole and I to share. The wraps are one of the very few delectable items to choose from in our school cafeteria since most of the food is microwavable, like the pizza pockets. 

However, I know I won't be able to eat too much of it. Whilst I've been feeling better since exorcising my guts out in the bathroom, I still haven't been able to keep much food down and the thought of it makes my insides churn, so I've been sticking to strictly only foods that I fancy. I didn't manage much of the food at the diner last night but Max had no issues finishing it off for me, unsurprisingly. 

I start to pick at the wrap's edges when the chair next to me is pulled out. I look up to see a guy from the rugby team sitting in the seat. A shiver runs down my spine as I see the seductive smirk he holds and I raise my brows at him, "Can I help you?"

"I'm sure you can, babe," That name doesn't sound right coming from anyone but Cole, "How would your mother feel if she heard you say that?" I question in an attempt to disgust him away from me. However, like I had predicted, he's not easily sent away.