Epilogue: 1

The first day at Camden University, let me just say, is a lot more nerve wracking than I thought it would be. Cole and I are now stood in the reception of the office waiting to be signed in, anxiously awaiting our new schedule, antsy to proceed through the big, wooden doors that lead to main campus. 

Cole must have noticed my distress because he grabs my hand and squeezes it encouragingly. We agreed that this is college now, we need to grow up and leave our old lives behind and start a new picturesque life together. So we made a deal that he drops being the leader of The Outsiders in order for him to focus solely on college and try to have a normal segment of his life, although I don't know how long that will last. 

Cole handed the gang down to Sebastian and told the guys that we are building our future up and he is no longer an outsider because he has a family, so it wouldn't be fair for him to continue as leader of the gang.

As for me, I have gotten myself a therapist that I speak to on a Skype call for an hour every week. She helps me handle the trauma of my early life and managing my bipolar. With her mood regulating exercises, my medication has been reduced and I'm feeling a lot more in control of myself. 

Cole told me that I won't be able to move on properly if I don't learn to consolidate everything that has happened to me. If I don't speak to someone about how to get rid of the thundercloud in my brain, then I will end up dragging everything along with us as we glide through the freeway to our new life. My therapist has helped immensely, so far. 

"Next," the moody receptionist calls us forward. I skip forward and drag Cole with me, "Hi, I'm Alexis Anderson and this is Cole Stone," I say cheerfully and she looks at us from under her rectangular glasses, "One at a time, please," She drones, her thin lips plastered together like a grim lizard but I plaster a smile at her, "I'm sorry but Cole and I are enrolling together. We're living together in the same household."

"Oh, right, well," she turns to her draws and pulls all of our papers out, "Alexis, here is your welcome guide, schedule and everything you need to know about Camden University. Cole, here is yours," She says, monotonously, as if she says this everyday, "Thank you," Cole says and smiles weakly. "Welcome to Camden University," She says, in an unenthusiastic manner.

We both walk on and stand in a corner, ready to compare schedules, "She was a bundle of fucking joy, wasn't she?" Cole cracks up once we turn away from her and I guffaw before composing myself, smacking him on the shoulder, telling him to be polite. 

"Oh, look. We're both in the same music class!" I exclaim and Cole smiles and nods, happy that we both spend the majority of our time together. We were both a little concerned that we wouldn't be put in the same lectures. When we came for our induction, we were informed that there will be two lots of lectures going on at the same time for our course; we are extremely lucky to be together! 

"What do I do when you have your one sports session a day, though?" He asks. I grab his timetable, "You have a free period. Look," I show him and he takes it in and nods.

"We both have Wednesdays off, too," He points out and I smile, "Looks like I'm going to be a lot more busy than you, then!" I laugh and he chuckles with me, "C'mon, let's go, our welcome lecture starts in five minutes and I guarantee we will get lost, especially with your sense of direction!" I smack his shoulder when he says this, just as he grabs onto my hand.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I whine and he chuckles, "Well, why don't you ask yourself why we were ten minutes late for our enrolment slot?"

"Oh, come on! That is the first time I've got us lost. Turn left," I exclaim and wave my hands as we walk, "Mhm, what about on our way to the farm? Oh, and on the way to the diner with the guys? The list goes on, shorty."