Bonus Chapter

Okay Okay! Why am I doing this? Well, I got a bunch of nagging from a load of you, messaging me saying that you want a cute part between Caiden and Lexi, like something to do with his speech he had to do for his school work.

Lexi's POV: About 3-4 years before the ending of epilogue 4

Sat here in the town hall where Caiden is to be delivering his speech, I am wondering who he decided to do it about. He refused to tell any of us who he is doing it about. It is supposed to be about his inspiration and I have no idea who it is.

"Caiden Stone!" The presenter announces and Caiden strides onto the stage, "Ahem," Everyone's attention is focused on him, "So this speech is about my inspiration. This certain someone has changed mine and my family's lives forever. Here goes nothing!" He clears his throat.

"My brother's girlfriend." I gasp, I'm his inspiration! Immediately, my eyes fill with tears as a shaky hand reaches my slightly agape mouth, Cole intertwining our fingers as his eyes fill with pride, "She has been in my brother's life for a while now. I've noticed a change in him. He was once a teenager coming out of high school, he is now a teenager with a vision for his life. He was once a guy who was the life of an irresponsible party, now a guy who likes to have fun responsibly." Cole grunts in amusement and I giggle.

"My brother is not only my brother; he is my father figure and my role model. He is the person who knows me the best. So, when he said that Lexi had come into his life I was filled with lots of emotions, to say the least." People laugh because Caiden pulls a grim face as a joke.

"I was happy because he is happy but I was also a little scared. I didn't want my brother getting hurt or hurting who I knew to be an innocent girl...I was proven wrong," he locks eyes with me and I smile lovingly, a hand on my chest over my heart, showing my adoration for him and he continues.

"My brotherly instinct immediately came to the forefront, yet I kept my cool. The day came when I first met her and, to say I was nervous would be an understatement! I didn't want to make the wrong impression to her since I had heard so much about her from my brother. She is definitely everything he said she was: kind, bubbly and with an infectious smile. Not to mention one of the smartest people ever! I could definitely see what my brother sees in her." I blush and everyone coos.

Caiden looks so natural out there, it's surreal! There's no way he won't pass this public speaking exam! Whilst it is about how he delivers the speech and the quality of his writing, I don't care much at all. I just care that he loves me as much as I love him. 

"The scared feeling from before? It disappeared. I knew it was a good match; she passed my test and I hope I passed hers too!" I nod very distinctly and he smiles broadly at me.

"Now months have passed and we have gotten to know each other. I can definitely say one thing; I am so blessed to have her in my life. She has inspired me to live my life to the fullest, to get something my brother got. To look after my family, like she did hers. Lexi is my inspiration and this is why; I've never had the privilege of meeting somebody who conquers what they tackle in quite the way she does, until Lexi. I've never had the masculinity to look at a girl and think 'wow, she's beautiful', until Lexi taught me the correct way to treat a woman. I've never had the unconditional love for another woman like she was my mother, until Lexi. She are my inspiration and, if I could be an ounce of what you have become, my purpose would be fulfilled."

Caiden pauses and looks directly at the audience, "I wish for you all, the partner that my brother has found. I wish for you all, the motivation that I have found in Lexi. I pray for you all that you get to meet someone like her. Everybody deserves an inspiration like mine, however, nobody will find another like Lexi. She is one in a million and I hope that I can be another one in her million, someday. Thank you and good day," He finishes and I wipe the tears that are running down my face.

Cheers and claps erupt from the audience and a standing ovation occurs. I have never been so proud of anyone or anything in my life. To say that it is a privilege to have Caiden write and perform this just for me would be an understatement. The more I think about it, the more I am heart warmed.

***

We are currently waiting in the reception of the Town Hall for Caiden to come out. He is getting his score since this is for his final examination and they grade it on the spot. It's just an extra qualification that looks good on a CV. Since Caiden isn't too sure how well he will do in an exam, he decided he'd take this practical qualification to boost his credits. 

"I got a distinction!" I hear a voice shout and I turn around instantly, "Caiden!" I squeal and open my arms for an embrace which he throws himself into, almost knocking me off my feet, "What did you think? Did you like it?" He rushes out and I smile broadly as he fiddles with his cuticles nervously, in case I absolutely despised it. 

"Like it? I loved it!" I say dramatically and Caiden smiles, "You did great, bro!" Callum walks up to Caiden and slaps him on the back and hugs him in a brotherly manner, "Thanks! It wasn't as good as yours though!" Caiden replies. Callum did his on Cole and got a distinction; it was honestly a beautiful piece, equally as beautiful as Caiden's but in an equally as different way.

Caiden accepts the rest of his congratulations from people in the audience who had come to see their children as well and then we leave for home. Words cannot describe how much I loved both of their speeches but especially Caiden's. It flooded me with tears of joy and, honestly, I can't remember the last time anything has ever reduced me to the core of my heart.

If I could relive the speech then I would in a heartbeat. It made me feel even more loved than I did before and more worthy, giving me a reason to carry on being Alexis Anderson, girlfriend of Cole Stone.

————————————————————————

Hope you enjoyed the bonus chapter. A ton of you have been asking about that specific part of the story and for more off Lexi and Caiden, since they have such a strong relationship.

Love you guys xo