Chapter 35

Cole's POV-

Driving Lexi home, I am jittery beyond belief. I didn't go to Mr Walker this morning with James, I came home to set up a surprise. She has been down lately and I know that Lexi is all for sappy love stories and so I have planned a promposal for her. Judging by her disapproving looks when I was talking about dancing with her at prom, she either doesn't want to go with me or she wants the big promposal that I have failed to give her up until now. 

I also know that she is sick of me driving her everywhere and having to stay in when no one is available to drive her so I may or may not have incorporated that into the promposal. So I am rightfully panicking as I pull onto the driveway and Lexi is starting to give me weird looks, "Cole?" 

"Hm?"

"Could you possibly tell me why there's a massive something covered by a big white sheet?" She inquires and I go red, I can feel it, "Umm...oh, look! A flying pig!" I exclaim, pointing out the window in the opposite direction of the huge tarp. Lexi gives me a deadpan look, obviously unconvinced. She folds her arms across her chest and I blush even more, if that's possible, "Fine, I have a surprise for you." 

Her eyes brighten visibly. Since the morning she has been in a funk that I am not loving at all. It's warming to see her smile, "Can I see it now?" She asks. jumping up and down in her seat. With every second that passes, her smile gets wider and somehow she manages to rock the creepy Cheshire cat grin. 

"You have to blindfold yourself," I demand and she widens her eyes, muttering something about me being a kinky bastard before we slowly get out of the car. I rush to her side and step behind her, reaching over her shoulders to cover her eyes, the top of her cheek bones squishing into my hands as she smiles. 

"Walk forwards, slowly," I continue to guide her until we are in the perfect position, "Right, I'm going to let go and you need to shut your eyes as soon as I let go, okay?" 

"Yeah, totally," She says, still grinning like a sexy version of the Cheshire cat. I let go and she follows my instructions and I smile, content with my work as I rip off the sheet to reveal her surprise, "Open your eyes!" I exclaim, reluctantly. She does as I say and her jaw instantly drops to the floor as she sees what sits in front of her. 

"Is this for me?" She questions in disbelief, "No, it's for Wendy, next door. Of course it's for you, shorty!" I reply sarcastically, "You bought me a car?" She squeals and I nod my head, beaming like a less hot version of the Cheshire Cat. I gesture for her to get in the drivers side and I slide into the passenger side, "This must've cost you an arm and a leg!" She exclaims. I know what she is thinking, we can't afford this but I got it on a good deal. 

We get out of the car and she rushes up to me, hugging my waist, "Why did you do this?" She asks and I smile down at her as she lets go of my waist, "I knew you hated having to be driven everywhere so I got you this, also so I could do this," I say and run to the drivers seat and drive forwards. Her jaw drops once again and I get out and stand behind her wrapping my arms around her waist and leaning my chin on her shoulder as we both spectate what I have revealed. 

James and I wrote 'Prom?' on the floor in washable chalk and then drove the car so that it covered it, ready for the big reveal, "So what do you think? Prom?" I ask her hopefully and she simply turns around and places her lips gently against mine. 

It takes me a nanosecond to respond and I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her body closer so we are moulded together as she wraps her arms loosely around my neck, enjoying the moment right here, right now. I pull away and she frowns, "You didn't answer me," I pout playfully and she smiles, "Of course I'll go to prom with you!" She exclaims and hugs me tightly, wrapping her arms around my neck.