Chapter 23

When I arrive with Gina and Jess, we decide to focus on our formations instead of going into depths, "Right, girls, I want you to get into batting order, please!" Miss Smith shouts to us and we all get into line: Ryleigh at the front, me at the very back, Gina making sure she is in front of me and the rest of the girls in an order they had decided amongst themselves. Jess gives us a thumbs up and smiles, proud of the team she's assembled. 

"Okay! That's brilliant, girls. Just remember this formation and where you are in the line. Now I want you to get into the fielding formation!" She shouts and we nod, we leave the first post uncovered and I go onto the second post, Ryleigh on third and Gina on fourth. The rest of the girls spread evenly along the field and Brittany on backstop. Jess smiles and calls us over and we all race to her and Miss Smith. 

"Okay, I think we're all good then. I'm going to spend some time working on a backup plan tonight. Remember your positions and rest up, we'll be practising next week up until 5:30 because our first game is on Monday," Jess smiles at us all, clapping her hands together in a perky attempt to calm our nerves for the game. Nobody had informed me of a game so soon! "Can we go?" Jess asks hopefully and we all smile as Miss Smith nods to us. 

We then head off to our cars, not bothering to change our clothes. I walk over to Jess' car since she said she'd give me a lift to god knows where and my phone vibrates in my pocket. It is Max. 

What the hell has happened between you and Cole?

Why do you care? 

Wdym? Lexi, stop being stubborn and tell me! He is a mess and rephuses to speak to us 

A/N: Things are supposed to be spelt wrong here because Max is supposedly 'dumb'.

He is being a jerk and acting like my father, I don't want to talk about it! 

At least tell me why you two brok up 

Because of that video. 

Yeah, becuase you cheated, god I thought I wus the dum one! 

I didn't cheat. There is clearly blood on my face if you watch it again and I am clearly pushing him off for heaven's sake! 

Yeah yeah, I'm not an idiot 

I thought you of all people would understand, you have mega family issues Max! Just do me a favour and watch the video again, then tell me that I cheated on him. 

Fine

"Hey, Lexi. You okay?" Jess smiles at me and I force a smile back, "Yeah, would you mind dropping me off at Cole's and maybe pick me up when I ask you to?" I ask her and she looks at me, shocked that I'd even step foot in his house again.

"Sure, but why?" she questions, suspicious of my decision, "Because I want to say goodbye to his little brothers, they did nothing wrong. Besides, I want to make it easy for Cole and make it seem as though I never existed," I say, looking at my feet. I can't believe this is the end of the line for him and me. I thought Cole and I were it for the long run, at least. 

She nods, "Okay, make sure to shoot me a text or call me when you need me," She says and I nod, we jump in her car and she speeds off towards Cole's house.

Before I know it we are pulling up outside his mansion and I take a deep breath. I go to get out of the car but Jess catches my wrist, "Don't do anything you don't want to do," she says sternly and I nod as she lets go. I carefully make my way to his front step and ring his doorbell, Caiden answers, "Lexi?" he questions as if his eyes deceive him and pulls me into a hug, "You're back!" he exclaims and I shake my head.