Chapter 4

I wake up and accidentally kick something on my floor. Unaware that I had a companion last night, I shoot from my bed, jumping over a wide figure. It's Cole, asleep on the floor with a blanket draped over him. 

"Like what you see?" he smirks whilst sitting up and rubbing his back where I trod on him and I laugh, silently wondering when he arrived, "Luke let me in last night; the twins had a few friends over which turned into a dozen friends and, well, you know. So I came to the first place I could think of," He explains, as if reading my mind. I shrug, not really fazed by the fact that he is here.  

I get up and stand in front of my mirror and am suddenly made hyper-aware that I look like a zombie on crack. Embarrassed, I turn around to see Cole chuckling, "It's a good look, the best morning head I've ever seen." 

Rolling my eyes in response, I type, "Yeah, you must've seen a lot of them" before fixing my hair. This was in vain, however, since it was apparent that I would need a miracle to fix this mess. He just glares at me and states, "A matter of fact, I'm still a virgin," I spin around to look at him, my jaw hits the floor and I type,"Did I just hear you right?" and I burst out laughing, he just huffs and turns away from me like a six year old. 

I finish getting ready, not giving him any attention, so he'll have to suck it up. Much to the contrary belief, I hate being in my pyjamas all day so I get on with my morning routine, leaving Cole to sulk in my bedroom.  

Once I am finished I go back to my room to face Cole and sit next to him but, before I could do anything, he attacks me and I fall back onto my bed, screaming as he tickles me. Luke, being a complete busy-body, walks in and says "What's going on?" he gasps and we both jump off the bed, "My innocent eyes! I'm scarred," He bellows and we both chuckle. Winking, Cole replies, "We both know you're not that innocent," Luke rolls his eyes and slams the door behind him.

"Do you want to come to mine today and we can hang out with Callum and Caiden, if they're not hungover?" he asks. It feels weird to be asked to do something on the weekend. Usually, I do my own thing, like homework. I type, "Sure. Want some breakfast before we go?" He shakes his head at me, "No, you rest up, I'll grab us something on the way." 

Suddenly I feel a rush of excitement; takeout food, only some of the best tastes in the world! I am wearing some black leggings, a white jumper and some white converse. My hair is straightened, covering as much of my face as possible and we start to walk out whilst I wonder if I am dressed appropriately. 

"Do you want to come for some breakfast?" Cole asks Luke before we leave and my heart warms that the two are actually getting along, "No, thanks! I've gotta meet up with Connor so we can practise for the game. Three weeks to go!" He pumps his fist into the air and I shake my head at how corny he is. 

We then proceed to walk, or limp, to Cole's car. He owns a black Mercedes and I can't help but wonder how one teenage boy afford that, or even if I want to know how he can afford it. As we are driving Cole brings up a topic I hope he'd forgotten, "The guys are really looking forward to getting to know you. I know it's formal, but that's how we like it," I nod hesitantly. 

He drops the topic, probably realising that I don't want to talk about it and he pulls up at McDonald's and he opens my door and helps me out of the car, my broken leg still in a cast and hurting like mad. I refuse to use crutches because that's just a cry for attention that I don't need, a cast is enough support. 

Cole and I argued over that for about twenty minutes before I got discharged from the hospital, Luke obviously on his side over the phone. We decide to settle down on a booth since they are the most comfortable and he goes to order. 

When he comes back with a sausage and egg muffin, hash browns and orange juice I squeal with delight at one of my other favourite breakfasts. I have a lot of favourites. Within minutes, he obliterates his food, as do I, whilst he chats about absolute nonsense.