Chapter 40

TRIGGER WARNING!

My gun goes off. I can't deal with this old man for any longer. Adrian jumps out of his skin as I intentionally misfire, hitting a plant pot and the ceramic shatters, dirt falling from the cabinet as the plant clatters to the floor. I made a deal and, if they don't want to stick to it, their loss. 

"You shot at me!" Adrian howls at me, pointing a finger at me as he grabs his gun and fires it. I duck rapidly and brace myself for the fight that I seem to have started. Foolishly but fortunately, Adrian has no help. His wife will never get her manicured hands involved in a task so 'ghastly'. 

"Change of plan, guys. You both go down to my brothers and Ryder," I mutter them, not paying attention to the Adrian pacing towards me with a knife bared. Swiftly, I grab my knife from my arm protector, Kelly in my other hand, meeting him halfway. He tries to swipe for my face but I block it with my knife, which has a good inch or two on his pocket knife. It seems like a ridiculous pirate themed sword fight but I am not about to go down with a stab wound, it's too mundane. 

I swing my knived arm down, sending his knife hurtling from his shakey hand and it crashes to the floor. He looks up to me in shock but soon pulls his own gun out and sends three gunshots to my chest which do minimal damage due to my vest and he looks up at me, once again, with pure shock in his face.

"That all you got, Adribear?" I taunt and he growls furiously before bolting towards me and I brace myself. He throws multiple punches at me and I block most of them, only receiving about two; they only cause the slightest bit of pain and blood.

Adrian attempts to grab my arm but I twist my body around and place him in a lock, bending his arms backwards as he bellows out in pain and I grab my knife and slice his cheek as a warning, causing him to hiss at me, "Let him go!" An ear splitting scream is heard from the stairs in front of us and I look up to see his wife crying at our position.

"What makes you think I'm going to do that?" I growl and she tenses at my tone, "Please, I'll do anything!" She begs, I huff and kick him to the floor, leaving his cheek to bleed out onto the tiles. There's no point in getting her upset, she'll only go to the police and report us. The police hate me, anyway, "I want my family, now," I command to her and she trembles under my stare.

"I-I can't do that," She whimpers so I move my foot, placing pressure onto her husbands ankle as he shouts out in pain and she starts to cry again. Growing more impatient, I place full pressure until we all hear his ankle crack. My stomach churns but, as much as I hate doing it, I have to for the safety of my family. The sheriff pays me to do this, to get rid of criminals that they can't capture. The other deputy's hate me simply because I am just a teenager but paid more than most of them.

Really, what I am doing right now is illegal because I did this without him provoking us and we usually have to wait for police permission but I don't care. He is breaking the law by kidnapping and threatening. By doing this, I am preventing this from happening to anyone else who has 'bad-blood' with this dickhead. I am serving justice. 

Adrian screeches in pain and squirms under my foot as I apply twice the pressure on his now broken ankle, "Stop, please!" Layla cries out as she sobs into her hands, hiding her eyes from looking at the pure torture that I am subjecting Adrian to.

"Will you give me my family back?" I shout at her and she jumps out of her skin. I know that Seb and Jasper have already gone to get them but technically I could get charged for breaking and entering so, with their permission to get my family from their pit, I am technically not breaking and entering; it is simply a business meeting that turned violent and chaotic when someone broke the deal.

"I can't without his permission!" She screams back at me, her voice shaking with fear and horror, so I intimidate her even more by stamping on Adrian's knee and it snaps, as broken as his ankle, "Give her permission, asshole, you're torturing her! I guess you don't really love her," I spit at him and he tenses at my words, "I do love her!"