Chapter 27

Lexi's PoV-

I wake up and turn to face Cole smiling at me, "What? Is there something on my face?" I ask, jokingly, "Nothing except pure beauty, shorty," He says gently and I grin, "I wasn't aware I was a mirror," I say and he looks at me, confused.

"Huh?" He says and I giggle, "Well, if you can see pure beauty on me then I must be a mirror and you must be looking at yourself," I say and he chuckles at me, "I prefer the term uniquely hot," He says and I roll my eyes, what a narcissist!

"New nickname for you, narcissist," I deadpan him and he just laughs at me, "It's better than softie," He says, grimacing, "Everyone can see that you're actually a big narcissist and you aren't the hopeless romantic that they see you for," I say and his eyes narrow. 

"Haven't you got a hangover yet?" He asks, sarcastically, "Well done, genius. Now I do because you've reminded me," I hiss at him and he looks at me apologetically.

"I'll get you some tablets and some water," He says and I thank him as he gets up and heads downstairs. I rest my head on my pillow and wait for Cole to come back with some pills for me, being forever my saviour. He must think I'm a little kid. That phrasing sounds familiar. No, I didn't. I did, great! I groan just as he comes in, "What's up?" He asks.

"What do you think? I've got a hangover, you idiot," I snap and then suddenly feel bad, "I'm so sorry. My bipolar has been worse lately and it's making me irritable" I say and he nods in understanding and hands me the water and pills, sitting on the bed next to me. 

I take them and put the water on the side, "Why didn't you tell me about your bipolar feeling worse?" He asks and I shrug, "I thought nothing of it. Plus, you must get sick of having to look after me," I say and look away, glowing bright red in embarrassment. I tell my therapist that my bipolar feels worse so I don't have to concern Cole. 

"You said something like that last night," He says and I mentally face palm, "Do you really think that I care that I look after you? Because I don't. I like looking after you. I like treating you. I like saving you, it makes me feel like I'm not such a bad guy," He says and my eyes well up, stupid over sensitive teenager!

"But you must get sick of me never giving back," I say and he shakes his head and leans against my legs and I run my hands through his silky hair, "No, you think you haven't saved me enough?" He says and I nod, "Well you have. I told you last night that you've saved my life. If it wasn't for you then I'd be rotting in jail for some stupid crime I committed because I wanted attention. You saved me by loving me," I smile, my heart warming slightly and my headache easing. I don't know which feels better; these words of wisdom from Cole or the fact that my headache has gone down from death defying to death cause. 

"Let's skip school, you've got a terrible hangover and we're already late," He says, breaking the silence and I nod, as long as I'm with him. Cole takes my hand and pulls me downstairs to the kitchen once I am dressed.

Once we get down there we notice that Caiden and Callum's home schooling teachers are here and they are learning maths. As we turn to leave, one of the two women speak up, "Excuse me, Mr and Mrs Stone?" She says in a posh British accent. It seems cliché but they're really intelligent!

"Yes?" Cole says and spins around making me turn, too, "Can you please be respectful to your brothers," She says to me as if we are married, "and stay out of the house for the rest of the day until their school day is finished? Just because you two are slacking does not mean that you can bring your younger brothers down with you," She tries to chastise us but Cole and I turn to each other and burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" The other lady says, "I'm sorry but you should know who you are talking to," I say and step towards them as the twins start to smirk, their eyes lighting up with a familiar glint of mischief, "We don't take orders from you, Cole pays your wages," Cole laughs, "We'll stay out of your way for the time being but this is Cole's house so we'll enter as we please," I say and turn around to Cole who covers a laugh with a cough, clearing his throat.