Chapter Six

“But he can't seem to remember”

____________

“I need your help.” Luther choked on his drink as he sees the famous Serpent in front of him.

“What kind of help?” He asked intrigued way a powerful villain like her needed help.

“A place Justice League free.” Her answer was blunt and smooth.

Nodding his head Luther finally took notice of the pregnant women that Serpent was holding. “Who’s she?” He asked.

“No one of your cosuren” Percy spoke coldly, “Now will you help me.”

“With a Price, I will.”

“What’s the price,” Percy knows that this won’t end up good for her, but anything to keep Piper safe at the moment. Piper was her only friend right now.

“Work for The Light.” He glared at Serpent showing it was his only offer.

“Fine, but no underwater missions.” She explained before shaking his hand.

“Of course.” Luther smirked, “Glad to be working with you.”

Percy didn’t reply but pulled her hand back and held Piper more protectively. “Now, let’s get a house for you.”

____________

“My King, is there more children of Poseidon?” Kaldur’ahm asked softly as he walked next to Aquaman.

Aquaman glanced at his apprentice, “Why do you ask?”

“On are last mission, water flooded the tunnels we escaped in-”

“And you stopped it, why ask this question?” Aquaman interrupted.

“I didn’t stop it. I couldn’t.”

After that Aquaman told him not to speak of this again and rushed away. What made him shake. What made him fear? Why was he doubting his king? But what is his King hiding? Kaldur’ahm got back to the MT. just in time for their next mission.

“Here’s your next mission team, The league took out a andro that was able to replicate the team's abilities, your mission is to get the cargo on the andro parts to its final coordinates that will be sent to each of you.”

“So, the robot's name is Amazo?” Wally asked himself has the team got ready to head out starting their mission. “Awesome!” Wally jumped up before zooming towards the vehicle he is supposed to use.

“The team let’s move out.” Kaldur got on his own motorbike and followed after the trucks.

_____________

“Tell me where your daughter is!” Aphrodite shook her head and let her fingernails dig into the other gods chest.

“I will never tell you!” Aphrodite's eyes showed anger, “You take advantage of my daughter! Then demand I tell you where she is cause she is carrying yours- No, HER child!”

“Don’t make me hurt you daughter,” Zeus glared at his daughter, only for Aphrodite to laugh. ((Had to add this. Aphrodite sess Zeus as a father figure in this book, since she was made from seafoam. And this is why she reacted alot harsher. The person she saw as a father took advantage of her daughter.))

“I won’t be able to tell you where she is anyways.” Zeus hand lightning dance around his forearms as he glared at Aphrodite.

“Why is that!” He shouted at her.

“For she’s under the protection of Percy.” Aphrodite's eyes flashed pink as she glared back at her father, “Now I demand you to leave my chambers!

As Zeus flashed out, Aphrodite walked across her chambers into a close off room. Opening the door, pictures of boys and girls were on the walls, some young, some teens, and none older than 20. She looked at all the kids, millions seemed to fill the room. Looking at all the pictures silent tears filled her eyes. The true pain behind beauty, is that it's not enough to be able to see your children. Her power wasn’t enough for her to be with her demigod children. And now one of them are most likely going to die by the child that belongs to the Sky God. Taking a looked once more of the millions of pictures Aphrodite shut the door and took a deep breath.

“I’ll make Zeus pay for your pain my child.” Aphrodite then staggered away from the door, only to show that the door was cracked open. Just enough for any unwanted eyes to look in.