Chapter Nine

“Someone! Help!”

__________

“The death of Jason Grace.” Percy muttered softly, as she watch demigods make a shroud for the fallen ‘hero'.

Scoffing at how someone so monstrous can be hailed a hero, she turned away from the scene. And went to deliver the news for Piper.

It’s been two days since the whole fire show Percy did. After that her body finally relaxed after releasing some needed emotions. After hearing about the death of the ‘Famous' and ‘Glorious’ Jason Grace. Piper wanted to know for sure that Grace was dead.

“So I see your here.” Percy turned her head towards the voice to be met with her father.

“What do you want Father?” Percy’s voice seems to still have the same soft but dark tone from earlier.

“I wanted to see my little girl.” Poseidon's once tough tone turned into a more gentle one as he looked at his daughter with sadness.

Looking at her father in confusion, as he walked closer to her. “Father I-” she didn’t get to finish as Poseidon embraced her in warm hearted hug. As the hug continued to be one sided as Percy was stiff. She finally slowly hugged her father. It was awkward for her, and slightly angered her for, when she was doing quest after quest for the Gods. Her father finally decided to hug her now. Not before she went on deadly quest. Or after she fought for her life for the quest she was sent on. But now. Even know this made her feel anger she couldn't help but yearn for her father’s love. The love she missed out with during her childhood.

As a stick snapped behind her. Poseidon disappeared in a soft breeze leaving Percy to stand there on the hill looking over the memorial for Jason.

Turning towards the noise, there stood Aphrodite. Knowing Poseidon was already here before, the goddess grabbed Percy’s hand and lead her into the cover of the trees behind them.

“I need you to know something. Incase anything happens.” Aphrodite spoke with sadness which took Percy by surprise. “I was the one that killed Jason Grace, but that's not why I’m sad.” She added much to Percy’s relief. “ I believe the Gods know that it was me. But I’m not for certain.” Aphrodite grabbed both of Percy’s hands. “I want you to protect Piper no matter what, if she doesn’t survive the birth, protect her Child. I have a way to help my daughter from death. But it’ll mean she can’t be with her Child.” Aphrodite finished.

“What is the way you speak of?” Percy asked.

“In due time you’ll know. For now go to my Daughter.” Aphrodite flashed Percy just in time as the Hunters of Artemis ran through the trees above her.

Looking at the Hunter’s as they passed, with Artemis leading.

________________

“I have another assignment for this team.” Batman looked at the Young Justice team.

Images of Gotham’s mayor filled the board behind Batman. All the little leaguer’s seemed to take this as a joke.

"Gotham Mayor attacked by guerilla gorilla"? Was this the only thing he could find to distract us? Batman, please! Tell me you're not sending us on this joke of a wild ape chase.” Kid Flash, aka Wally west, glared at Batman.

“I never joke about the mission.” Batman turned to the computer.
“I've checked the sources.” He started to type out things showing more and more information.
“I've studied the patterns. Mayor hill's encounter is only the latest in a series of incidents.” Soon millions of documents appeared.

“Aqualad, you and your team will depart for India and check this out.”

With that the team went straight into a jungle filled of mutated Beast.

Percy watched, not interfering. She didn’t like this villain at all, and happily she watched the sidekicks defeated him. She hated how he experimented on the animals and mind controlled them. But he was also is part of the light. Instead of helping Captain Brain, she decided to call it in and have someone else help the guy.

As she moved out, she stood hidden, until she was flung out of a tree by a black paw. Looking up she saw one of the giant animals. A panther at that. Its black coat glistened as the sun dimly hit it in some spots, while the rest of its body was in shadows, created by the trees.

The black panther stared down at her. Daring her to move. Percy narrowed her eyes and stood up staring the panther right in the eyes. As the two stared at one another a connection was made. A understandment.

The panther moved a little to show a dead cub. It’s cub. Percy walked closer seeming to ask permission to pick up the dead cub.

Holding the dead cub, she walks towards the ocean. The mother panther followed behind Percy. Watching her every move incase she does something to her cubs body.

As they reached the watery shore. Percy stepped into the water and closed her eyes. Soon a ocean flower, big enough to hold the cub, came afloat. As the giant ocean flower was pushed closer to shore by fish. Percy placed the cub on the flower. And pushed the flower back out to the ocean.

“This is a type of burial. It's a Norse and Atlantean together. Your cub will be safe in the afterlife.” As Percy finished water rapped around the dead cub and pulled it deep into the ocean waters.

The mother panther dripped her head in thanks to Percy for what she did. When she did this. Percy knew the Panther understood what she said. Holding her hand out the panther put its head on Percy’s hand.

When this happened the connection the too had multiplied. Looking at the Panther, the two seemed to talk with each other with sight. And in a blink they both were gone.