Chapter Thirteen

"We Tried Are Best.”

__________________

|Percy's Past; Tartarus|

Percy Jumped down the cliff and rolled out. Landing on her knees. The harden earth underneath her release gases of heat, causing her to become more exhausted every minute.

Greek monsters were heard above her, as she looked up the group of demigod eaten maniac’s were crowded around the cliff.

Getting up she limped away from the spot. She had to keep moving or they’ll catch up. She had been In Tartarus for a couple months now. She was already on death's bed by the looks of it.

Percy quickly crouched down as a Hellhound jumped over her. Limping the other away from the hound.  It shook its head and turned back towards. Howling it then charged again at Percy. Side stepping Percy stabbed Riptide into the hounds side, like a spear.

Pulling out the hound let out a loud whimper from the hit but growled soon after. As it charged again, Percy rolled onto her back and let her sword cut the hounds stomach. This caused the greek monster to perish in gold dust.

But her short relief from the death of the hound was soon over as the shouts of monster’s running towards her cranked fear inside of her. Standing up she ran as much as she can with her limp. Which wasn’t much.

She cannot die here. She will not die here. Percy seemed to chant in her head.

Slipping, she tumbled down the earth's spiked rock side and landed near a river. She knew she needed to get through this. Get this done. She could hear Nico, telling her she is thinking about stupid ideas. For this place, the place she was on her knees in pain. Was one of the places she an Nico gone to when he fell with her into the pit. He knew his way around. She followed him but two demigods attract more attention than one does.

She sadly laughed realizing that Nico wasn’t with her this time. She was alone this time.

Percy didn’t know what river this was.

There was Acheron (river of woe), the Cocytus (river of lamentation), the Phlegethon (river of fire), the Styx (river of unbreakable oath by which the gods took vows), and the Lethe (river of forgetfulness). She was hoping this was Styn’s river. But not everything is what we hope for.

Percy crawled to the river's edge, she slightly turn her head to the sound of a upcoming hoard of monsters.

“You wish to enter?” Percy was slouched over next to the river. The shouts of monsters close by seemed to come closer and closer to where Percy was.

“Yes.” The lack of use for her voice made it thick and harden. The volume of it was slightly above a whisper.

“Then you shall enter with a price. You may enter now. But know your Price will cost a lot of you.” Percy let her body slowly but surely be surrounded by the river. And as the river ran through the cracks of Tartarus. Percy let her body be consume by it.

She floated in the water. She let the river take her. She felt the river seemed to push her, push her to follow where it leads.

“I’m Lethe, the river of forgetfulness.” The voice spoke once more. Percy open her eyes in slight fear. “For using my river, I’ll be taking part of your memories.”