Eleven

After we ordered our dinner, I looked at Tom with a smile. "So Zendaya and I had a pretty interesting conversation in our trailer today."

"Oh really? What was that about?" He grinned gently as he rested his elbows on the table.

"She told me how excited you were to see our credit scene. Her exact words were that your eyes lit up as soon as you heard my voice." He blushed gently and I smiled.

"She knows me so well." He grinned gently. "Are you excited about shooting tomorrow?"

"My solo? Heck yeah." I smiled gently. "I brought both pairs of my shoes. My hope is that they let me wear the red ones."

"Me too. I'm partial to those." He winked gently with a smile.

"I still can't believe you got those for me after knowing me for like two days."

"Well, I knew there was something special about you as soon as I met you." I saw him smile widely as I felt a blush grow on my cheeks. "I wanted to do something nice for you. And I'm so glad you love them."

"I really do." I gave him a gentle smile.

"Have you talked to Ali recently? I mean, apart from what I heard a few hours ago." I blushed with embarrassment as he laughed.

"I'm sorry you heard that. That's Ali in a nutshell, though." He smiled as I shook my head laughing. "Yeah, I was texting her in the trailer when we didn't have to be on set. She's mad that I won't tell her anything and keeps threatening to text you about it."

"Well, she's out of luck with that." He chuckled as he looked at me. "You look gorgeous, Grace. Really. Green really compliments your eyes." His smile grew as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Thank you, Tom. You look great as well." I grinned as our waiter came with our dinner. We both thanked him before I picked up my fork.

"Did you know that Robert is excited to see you dance?" He smiled before taking a bite of his food. My eyes widened as I looked at him.

"Are you serious?" I had met Robert previously, but he and I had never had a genuine conversation--it was mainly just welcoming me to the movie and polite small talk.

"Yeah. He saw that on our schedule for tomorrow and told me he couldn't wait." He grinned as he looked at me. "He sees talent in you, Grace. Just like I did."

"Really?" I blushed lightly, and he smiled softly. "It's like the next thing you're gonna tell me is that he suggested me for Stacy after seeing the end of Far From Home."

Instead of saying anything, all Tom did was smile and wink as he took another bite. My eyes widened gently. "Wait, are you serious Tom?" When he nodded, I smiled softly. "I'll have to thank him tomorrow."

"Definitely." He grinned gently.

As we finished dinner, we just kept talking throughout the night. Our conversation kept us both laughing, which was incredible. When the check came, Tom rushed to cover the bill. "Tom, let me at least cover for my dinner."

"No, seriously love. Let me get this."

"As long as I get to leave the tip." He smiled and nodded as he pulled out his card.

"Alright, love. Hey, there's a park down the street, and if I remember correctly, they do fireworks every night. Wanna walk over there and watch them?"

"Sounds wonderful." He smiled as I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

As we walked towards the park, I could feel Tom's hand bumping against mine. I smiled, looking down at our hands. I grabbed his hand gently, lacing our fingers together. He squeezed my hand gently as we walked, and I smiled.

"They should be starting soon. Wanna sit down here?" He smiled as we passed a bench. I nodded gently, and we sat down. I felt Tom wrap an arm around my shoulder, and I laid my head against his shoulder.

"Tonight has been wonderful, Tom." I smiled up at him.

"It really has been. I'm sorry I was too scared to take you on a date earlier." He chuckled as he looked at me.

"We really need to thank Zendaya. She's the one who pushed me to ask you out." I grinned, and he nodded as he kissed my forehead.

"I guess we both have people to thank tomorrow." He grinned, and suddenly I heard the sound of fireworks going off. We both turned our attention to the show, but I smiled as I felt Tom rubbing my arm throughout the show. Once it ended, I looked up at him.

"Can I ask you something?" I whispered, and I could see him smile.

"Of course, love." His voice matched mine in volume, and it made me feel better.

"Would you be mad at me if I kissed you and got my lipstick all over you?" He chuckled softly.

"Not at all." He smiled gently, and I returned it before our lips connected.

His lips were soft and gentle against mine, and I could feel him smiling through our kiss. I couldn't believe this was happening, but I was thrilled that it was. "I've been wanting to do that for a while." He whispered as we pulled apart.

"Well, aren't you glad I got tired of waiting?" He chuckled as I smiled at him.

"Yes, I am, love. Yes, I am." He grinned as he pulled me close, kissing me again.

Once he pulled away, I gave him a gentle smile as he bit his lip. "Grace, I'm tired of you being my best friend. I'd love it if you were my girlfriend instead." I grinned softly as I looked at him.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend, babe." I smiled as he grinned, pulling me close.

"Wonderful." He smiled gently as he kissed me again.

Once we got home and got into our pajamas, I decided to check social media while Tom and I laid in his bed. I saw his post and smiled. "Damn, this is a hot ass picture of me." He chuckled as I glanced at the comments. "Oh, and Ali let it slip that we were officially on a date. So far everyone seems to ship us together."

"Well, I'm glad. Can't have my girl upset over haters, now can I?" He grinned cheekily as I smiled up at him, pressing my lips to his.

AAAH finally! What do you guys think?