Forty-Eight

Once we finally started production, I was no longer nervous or anxious about working with Paul Rudd. The two of us had formed a father-daughter-like bond, both on and offscreen.

 The two of us had formed a father-daughter-like bond, both on and offscreen

5m likes 50k comments

iampaulrudd yes, a 21 year old girl is hanging from a playground and I'm embarrassing her on social media. Love you, Reg.

Tagged: fullofgrace

fullofgrace Damn, Crap Bag, you take great pictures.

user1 honestly what the hell are your nicknames for each other? They're cute but I'm so confused

user2 ^rt i don't know why she literally called him Crap Bag

iampaulrudd @user1 @user2 Grace is a huge Friends fan. Reg is short for Regina Phalange 

tomholland2013 fun fact she made us do the Spider-Man kiss like two minutes after this

alibell GRACIE YOURE SO PRECIOUS 

user3 i love this whole comment section

bethajones WOWOWOW I LOVE THIS

There was one day on set that wasn't as pleasant as most, though.

While we were filming, it had started to rain. That hadn't bothered me, though. What did bother me was that during our lunch, it started to storm. Badly. "If anyone needs me, I'll be in my trailer." I managed to get out before rushing to my trailer. I didn't want anyone to see me like this.

I was sitting on the couch in my trailer, hugging my legs with the blinds closed. After like two minutes, I could hear a knock. "Darling, would you like company?"

"Please." At that, Tom opened my door and joined me on my couch. I rested my head on his shoulder, and he wrapped me in his arms.

We sat there for a while, just being with each other. After a while, I took a deep breath. "I haven't always been afraid of storms."

"Really?" He looked at me softly.

"Yeah. Started when I was seven." I bit my lip softly. I had always had a tough time with this. In fact, Ali was the only person outside of my family who knew.

"That's quite specific." He noted, his voice soft. I could feel him rubbing my arm softly in comfort.

"It is." I took a deep breath. "You know when you have a family member you idolize when you're little? Like a cousin or something?"

"Yeah, I know exactly what you mean."

"Mine was my cousin Chris. I'm ten years younger, but he lived nearby and he was basically my brother." He looked at me as a tear welled in my eyes. "When I was seven and he was seventeen, he had gone to see a movie with his friends. It had started storming during the movie."

"Oh goodness," he whispered, biting his lip softly as he listened.

"It was bad. It was one of those storms where the rain practically fell sideways. The power went out, so he could only see what his headlights lit up and whenever the lightning struck. The roads were so slick he lost control. He hit a tree. Killed on impact." The tears were now slowly slipping down my face. "When they did an autopsy, they were able to rule out drugs or alcohol. We knew the storm caused it."

"Darling..." It was almost as if Tom didn't know what to say. I didn't blame him at all.

"When I found out he was gone, I was devastated. And when I realized that a storm is what caused him to lose control, my seven-year-old psyche developed an immediate fear of storms." I took a deep breath. "I know it's a really lame fear, but it comes from a sincere place."

"Grace, all fears are completely valid. It's okay." He kissed my forehead softly. 

"What does everyone else think about my stepping out?" I looked up at him gently.

"They didn't seem to mind at all." He kissed my cheek as he looked at me. "Stephanie mentioned that there was a surprise for you on the way, and she thought that I should tell you. Figured it would make you feel better."

"Did she happen to tell you what it was?"

"She did. But it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you what it was, now would it?"

"I guess not, baby." I pouted playfully as he chuckled. It seemed as if the storm was clearing at that point.

"Wanna go back to set? I think we're back to just rain now."

"Sounds good. Maybe I'll think of more ways to bother Crap Bag."

"I still can't believe that Paul Rudd is okay with you literally calling him Crap Bag." He chuckled, and I shrugged.

"You have called him Little Man so often, Tom." I smiled softly.

"It's a lot different than Crap Bag." I rolled my eyes playfully as I stood up.

"Okay, okay." He chuckled gently.

There was a point where I was sitting in my chair, and Tom came up to me between takes. "Anything, in particular, you want to do tonight?"

"Hmm, maybe a casual dinner and some drinks at our apartment sounds lovely."

"Woah, wait. Did you actually just call it our apartment?" His smile was wide as he looked at me.

"I did." I gave him a soft smile. I hadn't ever called it that before--it had always been the apartment or his apartment. "I guess it just took a little getting used to."

"Well, I for one really enjoy it." He grinned softly. "There's a bottle of wine with your name on it in our pantry."

"Sounds lovely." I grinned softly as he kissed my cheek and they called his name. 

As I unlocked the door to our apartment, I noticed that the light was on. "Oh damn, I don't think we turned the lights off."

"I'm pretty sure we did, darling."

"Oh, you guys definitely did. We turned them back on." I turned to see Zendaya and Ali sitting on our couch, wine glasses in hand. I smiled as they both stood up and hugged me. 

"What are you two doing here?" I grinned widely as we hugged. 

"We can't surprise our best friends?" Ali smiled as we let go and she finished her glass of wine.

"Is this what Stephanie was talking about?" I grinned at Tom, and he smiled and nodded.

"It is." He grinned, kissing my forehead.

"You won't be able to get rid of us for a whole week." Ali grinned as she kissed my cheek gently.

"That's something I'm perfectly okay with." I grinned, wrapping my arm around Tom. "Now, if you guys are cool with it, we were just gonna stay in tonight."

"Sounds great." Zendaya smiled as she pulled Ali close. This was going to be a great week.

Let me know your thoughts! :-)