Fifty-Six

As I was in the bathroom putting on a face of simple makeup for our breakfast with the production team and the cast, I heard Tom yawn and sit up in bed. "Morning, baby. Are you ready for today?"

"I mean, as ready as I can be." He chuckled as he stood up. "What about you, darling?"

"I think I'm more focused on this breakfast, really. Once that's over, I'll let you know about the premiere." I chuckled as I grabbed my eyelash curler, and he smiled. I heard him unzip the garment bag his suit for tonight was in, and it sounded like he was looking through it for something.

"That makes sense. But hey, quick question." He came into the bathroom and stood behind me. I could see two ties in his hands, a blue one and a red one.

"Red. Matches my dress." I told him as I swiped on my mascara, and he chuckled.

"Thanks, darling." He smiled, pressing a kiss to my head as he went back to his bag. "The red will definitely bring out your lovely eyes, by the way."

"Aww, thank you, love." I grinned softly, and he smiled.

"Your parents flew in last night, right?"

"Yeah. They're in this hotel. They said it was room 1235, I think? They wanted us to stop by before we had to get ready for tonight." I looked back at him once I put my mascara wand down, and he shot me a smile.

"Perfect." He grinned as I grabbed some lip gloss and he slipped on a casual polo.

After breakfast, Tom and I immediately made our way to my parents' room. After a casual small talk, I let them know I needed to get ready before kissing Tom's cheek and bidding my goodbyes. Tom and my dad had been in the middle of a pretty solid conversation, and I didn't want to cut that short.

As I was sitting with the makeup artist, I felt a hand on top of mine. I looked over to see Beth giving me a wide, teary-eyed smile. "I'm so proud of you, Big."

"Thank you, little one." I smiled as I turned my hand over so we were holding hands.

"I can't believe we only have one semester left before you're no longer an apartment complex away every day." I gave her a gentle smile as she squeezed my hand.

"Hey, you'll always have me, Beth. I'm always a phone call away, and you will always have a place to stay if you ever wanna visit London." I pressed a kiss to her hand softly, and she smiled. "Plus, a little birdie told me you're at the top of the list for sisters getting littles this spring. You'll have someone to spoil as much as I spoil you."

"I promise I'll do you proud, Gracie." She grinned, and I smiled as the makeup artist finished my eyes.

"I have no doubt in that, Beth."

Once we were on the carpet, Tom immediately snaked his arm around my waist. As we posed for the pictures, I could see him slipping a hand in his pocket from the corner of my eye. That was weird, he usually never put a hand in his pocket for pictures.

At the base of the carpet, the creative team and cast were meeting for some speeches before the film began. They told me I was the last to talk, so I spent the time everyone else took to calm myself down. Admittedly, this was the part I was the most nervous about. "And now, the choreographer and star of First Steps First, Grace Chance."

Once the applause had died a bit, I smiled and brought the provided mic to my lips. "I'm not gonna lie, this entire project was a huge undertaking for me. I usually only ever choreograph for myself and six-year-olds, so doing a whole movie was a new experience." That got a laugh from the crowd (including my family, Tom's family, Ali, and Daya), and I smiled. "I don't think I'd change that for anything. This experience has given me the strength to conquer the unknown, along with memories that'll last a lifetime." I glanced back at Tom, my smile growing. "But, I didn't choreograph this all alone. One song, in particular, was actually conceived by my incredible boyfriend, Tom Holland. Tom, would you like to say anything?"

He nodded as he stepped forward, taking the mic from me. I folded my hands in front of me as he began his speech. "Grace is absolutely right, there is nothing about this project that I would change. I got to spend every day this summer with the love of my life, doing exactly what we both loved all day long. In fact, this film made me realize something." He turned and looked at me, a wide smile on his face as he reached into his pocket. 

From the corner of my eye, I could see Ali and Beth smiling as widely as possible, and a smile graced Zendaya's face as well. I was completely shocked, though, when I saw Tom pull out a small velvet box. "I realized that I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Grace." He opened the box up and got down on one knee, and I smiled widely. At this point, he handed the mic to a smiling Paul, so the moment was semi-private. "Will you marry me?"His voice was at a soft whisper, but his smile was as wide as it could be.

"Of course I will," I whispered, doing my best not to cry and completely ruin my makeup. I smiled widely as we kissed with as much passion as we could fathom. As he slipped the ring on my finger, everyone clapped happily. I could hear Ali and Beth cheering excitedly. 

"They've known since the end of November." He whispered with a chuckle, and I smiled.

"Is that why they've been acting weird?" When he nodded, I chuckled and pressed my lips to his again.

"Reg, Underoos, I love you both." When I heard Paul's voice, I smiled as we pulled away and he hugged us both. "Now, we've got a movie to see!"

As the audience cheered and we all headed into the theater, Tom and I were stopped by our friends and engulfed in a huge group hug. What a way to kick off a premiere.

Guys, this has been my plan since their Spring Break in Georgia, but I knew I wanted to give them an extravagant moment with it. I'm so invested in these two that I literally have a ring picked out and you'll see it next chapter. There are some big plans for Trace in my brain, let me tell you ;-)

Let me know your thoughts!