Fourteen

Tom, Tessa and I were all sitting on my bed that night, me in his lap and Tess in mine. It was a nice way to relax before Tom's first scene as Spider-Man tomorrow. The scene tomorrow would be a big superhero action shot with Spider-Man and the new hero in the movie, Flex. "Are you excited for tomorrow, baby?" I smiled as I looked up at him.

"Yeah. I love all of the action scenes." He grinned as he kissed my head gently.

"I'm excited to be there and watch you do what you love." I smiled gently, laying my head against him. Tessa smiled and laid up against me.

"I'm not sure if I should be happy or offended that my dog likes my girlfriend better than me." He chuckled as he looked at the two of us.

"I think it's great." I teased, kissing the top of her head. He chuckled, pulling me closer gently.

"You're such a dork." He laughed gently. "I know I said this earlier, but you did great today. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." I smiled up at him, pulling him down for a kiss. When we pulled away, I smiled. "Did you see Robert's reaction to it?"

"I did! You know, you're in an elite group of people. He can probably count on two hands the number of people that have made him cry." He pushed some hair from my face as he smiled. "How did your conversation with him go, by the way?"

"It was really nice, actually. He explained why he wanted me for the movie, and it actually helped me with my nerves and fears." I grinned as he smiled gently.

"You've got nothing to worry about, baby. You're doing an amazing job." He smiled as I pulled Tessa close.

"Thank you." I looked up at him. "How much convincing do you think it would take to get Tessa in the movie?"

"Well, if we tag team it, probably only a little." He smiled gently.

"If we bring her to set it'll help even more." I could see his eyes light up at my suggestion.

"See, this is why we're a great couple. We have amazing ideas together." He held his hand up for a high five, and I laughed as I high fived him back.

"That we are, baby." I grinned as I felt Tessa fall asleep in my arms. "She's got the right idea." I chuckled as I yawned, looking at Tom.

"She does indeed. Come on, let's get some sleep." He managed to lay us both down, and I smiled as I turned out the light.

"This is definitely something I could get used to," I whispered as I settled into Tom, ending up so the two of us were spooning as I cradled Tessa.

"Me too, darling. Me too." He mumbled as he pulled me close, and I smiled gently as I drifted off to sleep.

On set, I could see the costume department helping Tom get ready from the corner of my eye. I bit my lip softly as I turned my head to watch. "Grace." Zendaya slapped me gently, giggling as I looked back. We were in the middle of shooting a behind-the-scenes featurette that would be used as publicity for the movie.

"Right, sorry." I chuckled, looking back at the featurette crew. "Right now, Tom and Robert are preparing for a big action scene. Iron Man and Spider-Man team up with a new superhero, Flex, during the new movie."

"Now, we can't reveal to you guys who Flex is. You'll have to wait until the movie comes out to see." Zendaya grinned as we both looked at each other. "We can give you some info about Flex, though."

"I think that the best way to describe Flex's abilities is like Elastigirl from the Incredibles." Zendaya nodded quickly as I chuckled with my explanation.

"Pretty accurate, really."

"Flex is a silent hero, so no one knows what Flex sounds like. For a good part of the movie, Tony and Peter have no idea who they're working with. All Tony knows is that he wants Flex on his team." At that point, Tom came up in between the two of us and slung his arms around his neck.

"These two losers have no idea what they're talking about, by the way." He teased, and almost as if on cue, the two of us rolled our eyes and slapped him playfully. "Just teasing, ladies."

"Sure you were, Holland." Zendaya chuckled as I ruffled his hair. I could hear Tessa barking, and I smiled as Harrison carried her over.

"Tessa!" I smiled as if bringing her wasn't my idea. I held my arms open, and Harrison handed her to me gently.

"Oh, I almost forgot! We will get to have Tessa in the movie." Tom smiled as I looked at him excitedly. "She'll be Stacy's emotional support animal."

"Oh, I love it!" I grinned as I held her. "And I definitely think it's great that we're including mental illnesses in the movie. It's something that needs to be normalized."

"I agree." I heard from behind. I turned to see Robert behind me, all ready for the scene in his Iron Man suit. It was awesome in person. "Grace, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Of course." Tom took Tessa from me gently, giving me a smile.

Robert and I stepped to the side, and I could see him smile. "Now it's my turn to thank you."

"For what, exactly?" I smiled in shock. This was absolutely wonderful.

"For yesterday. You know, there are plenty of higher-ups in the movie industry that thought I was crazy for wanting a newcomer in acting for a role such as yours." I raised an eyebrow, wondering where he was going with this. "What you did on set yesterday, along with our conversation, showed me that you're not really acting. You are the sweet, incredibly balanced soul that Stacy is. Everyone who criticized both me and you are going to see this film and be proven wrong. In fact, it'll practically be like we're screaming 'I TOLD YOU SO' right in their faces. Thank you."

I did the only thing I could think to do—hug him as tightly as I could.

Let me know what you think! :-)