Forty-One

I woke up the next morning all alone in bed. I raised an eyebrow as I sat up. "Tom?"

"In the kitchen, darling!" I smiled as I heard him, slipping on my slippers gently. As I made my way to the kitchen, I saw him at the counter.

"You're up early," I noted, smiling as he turned around with a mug in each hand.

"I had to make you a proper mug of tea for your first morning across the pond." I smiled as he handed me a mug. "Wanted to have it done before you tried to make yourself some coffee."

"You have never seemed more British to me than in this moment." I grinned as I took the mug from him, causing him to chuckle a bit. "But thank you. That's actually really thoughtful." 

"Of course, baby." He pressed a small kiss to my forehead gently. "How does it taste?" I smiled as I took a sip.

"It's delicious, love. Thank you for making it for me." I kissed his cheek gently, and he grinned. "Let me make breakfast in return."

"Works for me, darling." He grinned as I took another sip before setting my mug down.

"Do you have a waffle iron, baby?"

"Cabinet next to the sink." He smiled widely at my question. I grinned as I pulled it out, knowing that he really loved my waffle recipe. It wasn't long before Tom had his arms around my waist as I was preparing the waffle mix.

"How'd you sleep last night, baby?" I smiled back at him as I took a sip of my tea between mixing the waffles.

"I slept wonderfully. I'm so excited to have you in my arms again." He kissed my cheek gently, and I chuckled. 

"You seriously can't stop being cheesy, can you?" He shook his head, and I chuckled softly. "I missed you too, baby."

As we sat at the kitchen table eating, I kept noticing Tom smile at me. "What?" I asked with a smile.

"I just can't get over the fact that we're living together on our own." He grinned, and I smiled softly.

"I think it's great." I smiled as I finished my last bite of waffles, and he smiled.

"Are you ready to spend a day in London, learning to live like a local?" I smiled and nodded as he grinned.

"Ready to spend that day with you." I grinned softly, and he smiled. 

"I'm looking forward to it." He smiled gently.

After our day traversing the streets of London, we came back to the apartment and decided to have a relaxing night. Tom had told me that the London club scene was an experience all of its own, but we had already spent a long day in town.

"What do you wanna do tonight, darling?" I gave him a soft smile as we sat on the couch.

"Hmmm..." I grinned, glancing at the bag we had bought at the drug store. I had picked up a new face mask, and Tom said that he would do it with me at one point.

"Okay, okay. But that'll take like all of twenty minutes. What else?"

"A movie?" He smiled and nodded, gesturing to a shelf by the TV. I chuckled and grinned, kissing his cheek. "You pick one. I'm gonna go change into comfy clothes." 

"Sounds good, love." I grinned as I went to the bedroom, putting on a pair of lounge pants and a tank top. I tied my hair up in a bun before making my way back to the living room.

When I got back to the living room, I could see that Tom had put Primal Fear in the DVD player and was in the kitchen. "Are you making more tea, love?"

"No, it's not tea." He grinned as he turned around, holding a glass of wine and a pint of beer. He made his way to the living room, sitting down and handing me the wine as I pressed play.

"What a great night." I grinned as I took a sip, cuddling into him gently as the movie played.

"Title of your sex tape," he whispered with a grin. I rolled my eyes as he chuckled, taking a sip as he wrapped an arm around me and kissed my head. We stayed in that position for the entirety of the movie, and it was something I quite enjoyed.

Once the movie was over, I grinned up at him. "Face mask time?"

"Of course, darling." He smiled, and I grinned softly. I leaned over and grabbed the bag off the coffee table, reading the directions on the back of the bottle.

"Clean, dry skin...fifteen minutes...rinse with warm water...okay," I mumbled the directions aloud as I read them, and I looked up to see Tom with a wide grin. "What?"

"You're just so adorable." I blushed as he stood up, holding his hand out. "Come on, to the bathroom." I took his hand and stood, following him to the bathroom attached to the bedroom.

Once we both had the face mask on, we decided to just sit in the empty bathtub and talk. "Guess what, baby?" I smiled gently, trying to be careful with the mask.

"What, darling?"

"I only have one song left to do before I'm done all of the choreography." 

"That's incredible, Grace!" 

"I know. I can't believe I got it all done. I'll have to call Alex soon and ask if he wants to see it before we start production." If I weren't afraid to crack my mask and ruin it, I'm sure I would be beaming from ear to ear.

"Sounds like a plan. Actually, I think I know a studio we might be able to rent for a little bit nearby. Wanna look into it so you can get that last dance done soon?"

"Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe you can look it up while I call Alex tomorrow?" He nodded, and I gave him a small grin as I reached up and began playing with his hair.

"You like playing with my hair quite a lot." He chuckled gently, and I shrugged.

"It's fun, yeah. Plus, I can't really kiss you right now, so this is my way of showing my affection." He chuckled softly as he pulled me into his lap.

"I'm definitely going to get used to living together like this all summer long."

"Me too, Tom. Me too."

AAAAHHH I love a great domestic couple 😊

Don't be afraid to leave a vote and a comment to let me know your thoughts!