Fifty-Two

Filming for First Steps First ended around the middle of August, and I spent about two days with Tom before I had to fly back to prepare for school.

As always, Tom had fallen silent the last night we were in our apartment. We were wrapped up together on the couch with a movie on, but it felt like Tom wasn't paying any attention to it. He was just holding me close, his face buried in my neck. I had my hand on his arm, rubbing it softly as I kissed his head softly. "I love you, baby."

"I love you too." He whispered against my neck, and I felt his arms hold me a little tighter. I took a deep breath as I kept rubbing his arm.

"Hey, we'll be back together for the long haul soon. Once I graduate, we'll be living together."

"But the in-between part..." He took a deep breath as he held me, and I kept rubbing his arm.

"We've done it before, Tom."

"I know. I just don't like it at all."

"I don't either, but we have to. I promise we'll make it work." I kissed his head again, and he sighed.

We spent the whole night demonstrating just how much we loved each other, and I couldn't help but enjoy the entire night.

About a month into the school year, my sisters and I were playing a casual game of truth or dare. "Truth or dare, Gracie." Ali smiled at me gently.

"Dare."

"Embarrass one of your co-stars on Instagram." I chuckled as I pulled out my phone.

"With pleasure."

4m likes 45k comments

fullofgrace Hey Crap Bag, sick piano skills. Teach me sometime? @iampaulrudd

tomholland2013 IS THAT PAUL RUDD?!

iampaulrudd Thank you, Reg. Thank you for reminding me how stupid my hair looked in 2003.

iampaulrudd @tomholland2013 STOP IT YOU AND GRACE BOTH

fullofgrace @iampaulrudd Love you! 💖

tomholland2013 @iampaulrudd A Marvel actor's gotta do what a Marvel actor's gotta do

alibell @tomholland2013 you paraphrasing the Rugrats to sass Paul Rudd is all I need to know that you and Grace are endgame

user1 THANK YOU THIS IS MY FAV MIKE HANNIGAN MOMENT

bethajones honestly Mike is the best romantic interest all throughout Friends

bethajones including when they dated each other

zendaya @bethajones truer words have never been spoken

"Of all the co-stars you have, you picked Paul Rudd?" Ali chuckled, and I shrugged with a chuckle.

"Damn right I did. I call him Crap Bag, Ali. What do you expect?" That caused her to roll her eyes as we all chuckled.

After our game, she and I sat down on the couch in our on-campus apartment. "Hey, Grace? Is it okay if Zendaya comes and visits next weekend?"

"Of course, Ali. I'm not gonna stop the two of you from seeing each other." I smiled softly, and she grinned.

"Thank you. Hey, I noticed that you and Tom haven't been your usual flirty selves lately. Is everything okay?" I bit my lip at her question.

"Not really."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She grabbed a throw pillow, hugging it as she sat.

"Can we?" When she nodded, I took a deep breath. "He got cast in a movie right when I flew back."

"Oooh! What is it?"

"That's the thing. He won't tell me." I sighed as I grabbed another pillow, hugging it as well. "But he has told his family. And Harrison. And Jacob. And some others I can't remember off the top of my head."

"Oh. So, wait, why won't he tell you?"

"Originally he told me it was like a secrecy thing, but I figured out that wasn't true when I found out so many other people know what it is." I took a deep breath, looking up at her.

"Hold on." She pulled out her phone, and it wasn't long until I heard it ringing on speaker.

"Hi, baby girl." Zendaya's voice rang loud in my ear.

"Hey, baby doll. By chance, has Tom told you anything about a new movie lately?"

"He has, but apparently he doesn't want Grace to know about it. It's caused a pretty big fight between the two of them." It seemed like she didn't know I was there with Ali, so I bit my lip. Maybe this would be the best way to get information.

"Do you know why he won't tell her?"

"No, he hasn't said that. Wait, Grace, are you there?"

"Maybe." I bit my lip, and she sighed.

"I'm not gonna tell you what it is. That's something he needs to do, but I can tell you it's an incredible opportunity."

"I'm sure it is, and I'm already incredibly happy for him with it! I'm just so hurt that he told so many other people, but he won't tell me."

"When was the last time you talked to him?"

"Yesterday."

"I think you should talk to him, love." Ali rested a hand on my arm gently.

"I think she's right. Go talk to him." Zendaya's voice was calm and comforting, and I sighed.

"Okay. Thank you both." I smiled as I bid my goodbye to Zendaya, heading to the bedroom. I pressed my finger to my bracelet as I walked, hoping to catch him awake.

When I felt a pulse on my wrist in return, I immediately called him. "Hullo?"

"Hi, baby." I bit my lip softly. "I was just talking with Ali and Zendaya."

"Oh? What about?"

"This mystery movie." I heard him sigh, and I hugged another pillow. "Why don't you wanna tell me what it is?"

"I told you, it's a secrecy thing! I'm not allowed to tell people."

"Tom, you and I both know that's bullshit. Harrison told me that you've told a few people, and Zendaya just told me that she knows you're keeping it from me." I was met with a long silence, and I sighed. "Why don't you want me to know ?"

Let me know your thoughts! :-)