Forty-Two

I was sitting at the kitchen table on the phone with Alex as Tom tried to see if we could rent the studio for choreography. "Hey, Grace! How has finals week been going for you?"

"It actually went really well. I've been out for a few days now."

"That's wonderful to hear! What brings me the pleasure of your call today?"

"I actually have a question about the choreography."

"What's on your mind, dear?"

"I was just wondering, did you need to see any of it before we start production?" I bit my lip as Tom looked up at me, giving me a grin gently.

"Not at all, love. I trust you completely to blow our minds the first day." I could sense the smile on his face, and it caused me to bite my lip. No pressure or anything, right? "How is that going, by the way?"

"It's going pretty good. There's one song I'm stuck on, though."

"Which one?"

"First Steps First--the swing style one from that musical Bandstand?"

"Oh yeah, I'm familiar. The one the film's named after." Oh, that's definitely no pressure at all. "Would me giving you context help you figure it out?" I gave a soft smile at his suggestion.

"Yeah, that'd be amazing, actually." Tom grabbed my free hand and kissed it gently.

"So it's gonna be a duet between you and Tom. You'll be struggling with it at first and beating yourself up. It's basically gonna be the bane of your existence."

"Oh, like it is right now?" The two of us chuckled gently, causing Tom to raise an eyebrow.

"Basically. But he'll be reassuring you and helping you get through it the whole time. By the end of the film, you'll have it down and be the absolute amazing star we all know you are."

"Is it sad that everything you told me is all I know regarding the plot of this movie?"

"Not at all. We haven't told you anything." I chuckled again softly. "Does that context help you at all?"

"Yeah, a bit. Actually, what if I had a little help with this number? Would we be able to credit the person who helps me?" I looked at Tom, whose eyes widened. He seemed to understand what I meant.

"Of course we would! Who were you thinking?"

"Tom. I can tell him everything you just told me, plus that cuts one whole dance out of the teaching process."

"If he's okay with that, then of course! Just make sure to let us know if he does help you."

"Will do, Alex. Thank you for your help."

"Of course, Grace. See you soon!" As the call ended, Tom smiled.

"I booked that studio for four hours this afternoon." I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"That's awesome, baby." I grabbed the tea I had been drinking this morning, taking a sip. "Wanna help me choreograph my last dance?"

"Were you serious about that?" He raised an eyebrow, and I nodded.

"Yeah. Alex actually thought you helping me would be a great idea, especially since the piece is a duet between you and me." He bit his lip as if to consider the idea. "Please? This dance is really kicking my ass. You'd be a lot of help." I gave him a puppy dog pout, and that seemed to seal the deal.

"Okay, love." I grinned widely as he smiled gently.

After we had been in the studio for a while, we were able to get the last dance done. I was so thankful that Tom had agreed to help me because he was the one to bring his ideas to light. After we finished, I hugged him tightly. "You're so amazing," I whispered gently as I held him.

"Grace, come on. I helped you with one dance. How many have you done by yourself?"

"Ten..." He grinned at that, kissing my cheek. "But hey, you did the most. This one has been a thorn in my side since I got back from Georgia, and you were able to get it done in like three hours."

"Grace--"

"Seriously! I'm gonna have to tell Alex that this one is all you." He grinned softly as I kissed him gently. After we pulled back, he smiled widely.

"I love you."

"I love you too," I whispered softly. "Wanna have a photoshoot with the rest of our booking time?"

"Of course. Do I have permission to post them on social media? You were kinda upset last time." I rolled my eyes with a chuckle.

"Because you exposed our sex life!"

"So?" He grinned, and I gave him a playful slap. "I promise I won't say anything about our sex life on social media."

"Okay, okay." I smiled, kissing his cheek gently.

" I smiled, kissing his cheek gently

3.2m likes 100k comments

tomholland2013 studio vibes with my girl. couldn't have asked for a better day really.

Tagged: fullofgrace

user1 "my girl" MY HEART I LOVE IT

bethajones WAIT GRACE LET YOU BE IN THE STUDIO WITH HER? SHE NEVER LETS ANYONE DO THAT

fullofgrace @bethajones I asked him to help me actually 

alibell @fullofgrace @tomholland2013 damn Tom she really does love you. You're the only person ever to help her choreograph, which is something she takes incredibly seriously

user2 ^ this is actually amazing

user3 WAIT GRACE ROCKS CALVINS TOO

user4 ^ @calvinklein A COUPLE PHOTOSHOOT MAYBE?!

zendaya @user4 nah they'd end up making out throughout the whole shoot

fullofgrace @zendaya that is completely accurate

zendaya @fullofgrace see I know you both way too well 😂 what is this choreography for?

tomholland2013 @alibell I'm fully aware of this. I really love her too

tomholland2013 @zendaya that's for us to know and for you to find out

user5 WHY ARE THE TWO OF YOU SO ADORABLE #TRACE

As we were in the studio, my phone rang. "Alex, what's up?"

"Hey, Grace! How are you today?"

"I'm doing good. What about you?" I raised an eyebrow as I looked at Tom. This was a bit out of the blue.

"I'm doing well. I just wanted to let you know that we cast your father for the film."

"Oh, really! Who is it?" I gave Tom a hopeful look, but my eyes widened as Alex said the name of the actor.

The song up top is the song they're choreographing. Obviously, in the movie, the dialogue would be removed, but this is the song!

What do you think? Let me know!