Fifty-Eight

After my final semester began, Tom and I seemed to be more easy-going with the distance between the two of us. I think the prospect of the two of us living together after I graduate is giving us the excitement to push through these last four months.

By some sheer force of great luck, the premiere for Tom's debut as James Bond fell right at the end of my spring break. I was able to spend some time at the beach with Ali and Beth, but I spent Thursday and Friday with Tom as he prepared for the premiere.

We were getting ready together, and from the mirror, I could see Tom pacing as my hair was being done. "Baby?"

"Yes, darling?" He looked at me, and I sighed.

"Come sit down." I patted the chair next to me. Once he was sitting there, I took his hand and laced our fingers together. "Why are you so nervous?"

"Pshh, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Tom, you're pacing more than when we got engaged." I squeezed his hand, and he took a deep breath.

"I don't know if I can do this, Grace. Why on Earth did I agree to this?"

"Because this is your dream, Tom. Playing James Bond is something you've wanted to do for a long time, and you've got a chance to do that. I haven't even seen the film and I know you did an incredible job as 007."

"I don't know if I did. James Bond is such an iconic role, and I don't know if I did it justice."

"You know what else is such an iconic role?" He looked at me with a perked eyebrow. "Spider-Man."

"Grace--"

"I'm serious, Tom. Everyone absolutely loves you as Spider-Man, and everyone will love you as Bond."

"You think?"

"I know." I brought his hand to mine, and I kissed the top of his softly. "I love you, Tom."

"I love you too, Grace." He gave me a soft smile as he let out a breath.

"Once we're both ready, you and I can have a hype-up photoshoot Tri Pi style." He chuckled at that, and I smiled.

"I could definitely use that, baby. Can we do as much as we can to make it as 'Tri Pi style' as possible?" I chuckled and nodded.

"If you call Ali and tell her what we're doing, she'll do her hype-up yelling for you." He laughed at that, and I smiled. 

After our little photoshoot, I immediately took to Instagram to hype my fiancé up even further.

3.5m likes 15k comments

fullofgrace I have come to the conclusion that this mans is at his sexiest when he is adjusting his cufflinks 🔥🔥
I am so, so proud of Tom for finally accomplishing one of his dreams. Playing James Bond has been something he has dreamed of for a long time, and the world will finally get to see that dream come true. I cannot wait to see it myself.
Fun fact, this is like the only picture I got with him not doubled over laughing in response to Ali blindly yelling encouragements over the phone.

Tagged: tomholland2013

alibell I DELIVERED ON MY PROMISE DIDNT I?

fullofgrace @alibell yes you did, and I'm so happy you did

tomholland2013 Thank you so much, love. I'd adjust my cufflinks for you anytime

tomholland2013 @alibell you did and I needed it thank you so much

fullofgrace @tomholland2013 if you don't at our wedding I'm suing 

user1 i need a relationship like the one you two have damn

user2 WHY ARE YOU BOTH SUCH LOVING DORKS? ITS MAGICAL

user3 #Trace you guys have been goals for almost two years now and I love it

user4 I love how much you both support each other

user4 also i think it's because those strong hands look even more attractive like that damn

tomholland2013 @user4 she loves the things I can do with them 👀🌮

bethajones @tomholland2013 STOP I DIDN'T NEED TO KNOW THAT ABOUT MY BIGS

As we arrived at the red carpet, I saw him take one last deep breath. "You've got this, baby. It's going to be amazing." I pressed a kiss to his cheek, and he smiled gently.

"You'll be walking with me, right?"

"Of course. I'll be there the entire time." I grinned, and he smiled widely as our car door's opened.

Once we stepped foot on the red carpet, I could see Tom's smile appear as his hold on my hand tightened. I rubbed it softly as we posed, and he then wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close.

As the camera flashes went off, I smiled and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "I'm so proud of you, my love," I whispered to him, and I could see his smile grow as he pulled me closer.

After the premiere, we made our way to the party for the film. "You did absolutely amazing, baby." I grinned as we made our way to the bar.

"Thank you, my love." As we approached the bar, Tom smiled at the bartender. "Hullo. Can we get one Jack and Coke and one..."

"Water, please." As the bartender started mixing our drinks, I felt Tom pull me closer. 

"Let me know if you start feeling funny." His voice was a low mumble, and I nodded. Even though my incident had happened almost a year ago in London, I still wasn't comfortable with actually drinking in public. The fact that we had no idea who it was still concerned all of us greatly, but our hands were tied.

When we got our drinks, I pushed my feeling aside as we made our way to the dance floor. I was determined to have a good time tonight.

A few weeks after the premiere, I was in my room working on the powerpoint I was using for my senior capstone presentation when I got a phone call. I looked at it to see that it was Kevin Feige, and I immediately answered it. "Hello, Kevin."

"Hi, Grace. Am I interrupting anything?"

"No, not at all! How can I help you?"

I just wanna give you guys a heads up--the next chapter will be the final chapter of A Chance Encounter. I have absolutely loved writing this story, but I believe that it's time to bring it to an end.

Not to fret, though! I am ending A Chance Encounter because I plan on writing its sequel! I'll let everyone know when that comes. I have way too many wonderful ideas to end it all here.

Let me know what your thoughts have been! I love hearing them all :-)