Thirty-One

The week leading up to January 25th was the last week before Ali, Beth and I were back in school. We had a few small press events here and there, but the week was mainly spent hanging out with the cast before this wild ride came to an end.

On our last night, January 24th, we had our whole group in a hotel room, eating ice cream and drinking wine. A truly classy celebration, honestly.

"Best winter break I've ever had." Ali chuckled as she finished another glass, laying her head on Zendaya's shoulder.

"I will say, you three have created an interesting dynamic for the tour, that's for sure." Zendaya smiled as she held her spoon.

"I just can't believe I had the opportunity to do this." Beth grinned as she sipped her wine. Yeah, she wasn't twenty one like the rest of us, but I was limiting myself so I could keep an eye on her.

"You ladies are the best." Harrison smiled. Tom grinned and nodded as he held me in his lap.

"I don't want you guys to leave," Tom whispered as he held me close.

"We have to go back to school, baby. But hey, you're definitely welcome to visit us on campus." I grinned, pushing some of his curls out of his eyes.

"Yeah, all of you." Ali giggled gently. She was definitely a little tipsy, but I was glad to see her enjoying herself.

We spent the night enjoying each other's company, which was something I would definitely miss. When Tom and I retreated back to our hotel room, I laid my head on his shoulder as he wrapped me in his arms tightly. "This is always the worst part." He whispered softly, still holding me.

"I know, baby." I kissed his cheek softly as he held me tight, pressing small and innocent kisses to my shoulder. "But you and I will always have each other, no matter what."

"I know, but I just hate that I can't hold you every day of my life." He whispered. 

"I have something that might help with that." I grinned, crawling out of his arms to my suitcase. I had hidden a gift for him at the bottom.

"What?" His voice was soft, and I could tell that he was still a tad upset.

"I had a little help from my mom, but this is for you." I grinned. I pulled out a teddy bear that I had dressed up as a ballerina, red shoes and all. He chuckled softly as he took it.

"This is so cheesy." He grinned.

"Maybe. But hey, give her a hug." He raised an eyebrow as he looked at me, chuckling a bit as he finally did. I could hear my voice fill the room. "I love you, Tom. I'll always be right by your side."

"Darling, I love it." I could see tears filling his eyes as he looked up at me.

"I'm glad you do," I whispered, cupping his cheeks and kissing him softly. 

As I sat on the plane before we took off early in the morning, I noticed that I was tagged in an Instagram post.

1.2m likes 10k comments

robertdowneyjr There are so many things about Iron Man 4 that I'm so proud of, but I'm the proudest of this one. Grace has totally shown how incredible she is, and you all will see exactly what I mean when you see it.
That being said, please try to refrain from spoiling the movie. We want everyone to experience the story for the first time, so please don't ruin any experiences for any fans. #JustDontSpoilKay

Tagged: fullofgrace

fullofgrace Thank you so much, Robert. I'm honored to have made you so happy.

fullofgrace Also that hashtag is magical #JustDontSpoilKay

user1 WOW WHAT A BEAUT

user2 Can't wait to see it!

tomholland2013 wow my girlfriend really is a gem

robertdowneyjr @tomholland2013 you two make me wanna barf sometimes. but i love ya both anyway

user3 tbh im not sure im gonna like her 

user4 ^i agree i just dont see her as a marvel star

tomholland2013 @user3 @user4 ur both wrong Grace is incredible

After seeing that, I shut my phone off and laid my head on Beth's shoulder. I didn't need any negativity right now, I was already sad enough with leaving Tom for a while. She was sitting next to me, and I definitely needed her at that moment. She tended to make me feel better when I was feeling down.

"We're all seeing the movie together once everyone's back on campus. Sisterhood bonding. You in?"

"Yeah. Sounds fun." I gave her a small smile as she nodded, grabbing my hand softly.

"You're so incredible, Gracie." She whispered as she rubbed my hand, just as she had at the premiere. "You can't let one rough day dull the shine I know you ooze."

"Eww," I chuckled, looking up at her. "You're the best, little one."

"I try." She gave me a cheesy grin as the pilot announced that we were gonna take off.

The next thing I knew, Beth was shaking me awake. "We landed, babe." I yawned as I stood up. I checked my phone as I grabbed my carry on bag, smiling at a text from Tom.

Counting down the days until we
get a whole week on the beach
together, babe. Just the
two of us with no press to
stop us.

Tom and I were going to spend my spring break on the beach, and I couldn't be happier. Yeah, we were successfully long-distance, but nothing beats actually being with each other.

"Stop sexting your boyfriend and let's get on campus. Apparently, the three of us are the only ones everyone else is waiting on." Ali chuckled as she grabbed her bag.

"You're such a dork." I chuckled as she laughed and we headed off the plane.

All of our sisters screamed with excitement as we walked to our meeting spot. Every single one of them congratulated me as we gathered in a few cars and made our way to the theater.

The reaction the girls had to the reveal was exactly the same as the premiere--a simultaneous gasp, and then stunned silence. It took all that I had to not laugh as they freaked out.

The same couldn't be said for Ali once the movie ended.

Let me know your thoughts! :-)