Twenty-Nine

Once we were in the theater, I was visibly calmer now. There weren't as many eyes on me as I chatted and mingled with some of the stars who were here for the premiere. Tom stayed right by my side because he knew how starstruck I would get. So many famous actors and actresses were here that I was overwhelmed, but it was nothing compared to how I was outside.

Of course, I found time to pull Ali and Beth aside and away from all of the famous people they were meeting. It was all crazy, for sure. "You guys know that you can't say anything about the movie until everyone gets a chance to see it, right?"

"Yes Gracie, we know." Ali smiled as they both hugged me yet again. "I'm just so proud of you."

"I am too." Beth chimed in, hugging me tightly. "I love you so much, Gracie."

"I love you both too." With that, it was time to head into the theater. Tom grabbed my hand softly, squeezing it softly.

Once the movie had started, it was clear to see why everyone was so excited about the movie. It was riveting to see how everyone reacted to the humor of Peter Parker and Tony Stark, along with the action of Spider-Man, Flex and Iron Man with Dr. Octopus, who served as the movie's main villain.

As the climax of the movie drew near, my breathing became more erratic. Of course, I knew what was going to happen, but that didn't stop me from my nerves. Tom could sense it, so he grabbed my hand softly and laced our fingers. Beth, who was to my other side, did the same and started using her thumb to rub my hand in a soothing manner. I could see Ali shoot me a gentle smile to calm me down as well.

Peter, Michelle, and Ned had come to see Stacy perform in a recital with the college's Dance Team. Stacy, red pointe shoes securely tied on, danced effortlessly while everyone watched in awe. The standing ovation she received as she finished was clearly well deserved.

As they clapped, Peter's eyes grew wide. "Shit. Duty calls. Michelle, Ned, tell Stacy that I loved her performance, but I had to rush out right after her solo." He whispered to his friends before he snuck out of the theater.

In the heart of their college city, Spider-Man was in the middle of a fight with Dr. Octopus when he heard Tony's voice through his suit. "Hey kid, I'm on my way to help. FRIDAY told me you're having some trouble. What's going on?"

"Mr. Stark, I'm in the middle of a solo fight. Flex hasn't shown up yet, and I have no clue--wait, nevermind!"

As if on cue, Flex stretched to where the battle was happening. After nodding at Spider-Man, the silent hero immediately began finding a way to bound Dr. Octopus' legs and render him immobile. Dr. Octopus was prepared, though, delivering a painful blow to the elastic figure. As Flex fell, Iron Man flew into sight.

"Mr. Stark, Flex is down! Go down and see what's wrong, I can do this on my own!"

"You got it, kid."

"Sir, after assessing the force of the fall, medical attention is in order for Flex. Please remove the mask so I can get a further information scan of the brain." FRIDAY instructed, and as Tony did so, his eyes widened. The face under the mask was clearly not one he was inspecting.

"FRIDAY, call Avengers HQ. I need backup."

"Tony?" Steve Rogers' voice filled Tony's ears, and he sighed with relief. 

"Rogers, I need you, Banner and Natasha to get on the helicopter ASAP. I'll have FRIDAY fly you guys to me. Make sure Banner brings as much medical equipment as you can fit."

"Damn, okay. But wait, Nat's not here. The only other person here is Wanda."

"She'll do, just hurry! FRIDAY, make sure that chopper comes to us."

As the chopper landed, the three Avengers on board stepped off and went toward Tony. "Steve, Peter's up there fighting off Captian Calamari. Go back him up, I'll be up there once I get everything else settled." With a nod, Steve was off.

"Any idea on the damages, Tony?" Bruce asked, causing FRIDAY to activate out loud so everyone could hear the AI system.

"With the force of the fall, likely physical injuries include broken bones and internal bleeding. No head injuries sensed through scanning, Dr. Banner."

"Thanks, FRIDAY." Bruce picked up Flex, carrying the unconscious hero to the chopper where medical supplies waited.

"Wanda, go with them. I want someone to be there for Flex the whole time, conscious or not."

"You got it, Stark." With everyone aware of what was going on, it was time to get to work.

After a long, hard bout, Dr. Octopus was finally taken down. The town's police chief Adams arrested the villain, ensuring he would do no more damage. "Hey, Mr. Stark, what's wrong with Flex?" Peter asked, looking up at the man he saw as a father.

"I believe it would be best if Mr. Parker saw for himself, sir," FRIDAY said, only so Tony could hear.

"We're gonna go see, kid. To the chopper." As they made their way, Bruce walked out to meet them.

"She woke up about two minutes ago. Wanda's--"

"Wait, Flex is a girl?" Peter took his mask off, showing his clear surprise. Tony nodded, biting his lip.

"Yes. But Tony, it's bad. I couldn't fit enough medical equipment to help her, but she refuses to go to the hospital. She doesn't want anyone to find out who she is. What should we do?"

"We'll talk to her. All of us. You included kid." Tony clapped a hand on Peter's shoulder. "You're still successfully a secret. You'll be the one most likely to help."

Two female voices grew louder as Peter approached. He could easily recognize Wanda's gentle voice as she spoke. "Honey, you can't just tough this out on your own. He did some serious damage to you."

"Flex, there's someone here who'd like to check up on you," Tony said softly as he and Peter approached the bed. Wanda looked back, smiling softly at Peter. She stood up to let the two get a good look at the girl laying on the bed--Stacy Adams herself.

Surprise ;-). What do you think?