Thirty-Four

The three weeks of waiting for spring break were the three longest weeks I had ever endured. It was a twenty-one-day countdown until I was back in Tom's arms again, and I couldn't wait. I could tell that Ali was in the same boat with Zendaya. That last week definitely seemed to take the longest.

"Okay, baby. My ticket says that I'll be landing in LAX at eight-thirty am tomorrow. I'll see you then?" I heard Ali as I walked into our room on Thursday, a wide smile on her face. "Okay. I love you." I rolled my eyes as she hung up.

"It sucks that you get a day longer than I do." I pouted, and she stuck her tongue out.

"You're the one who took a late class on Friday. Besides, you fly out tomorrow too."

"Yeah, but by the time I get to Georgia, it'll be nine at night. The day will be wasted." Tom and I had decided to spend the week at a secluded beach on the Georgia coast, so we wouldn't have to face crowds. Plus, after shooting the movie in Atlanta, Georgia had a special place in our hearts.

"You'll still have a full week with each other. I'm sure you'll be fine missing one day." I gave in and nodded, bringing a smile to her face. "There's that smile."

"You're such a dork." I teased, and she chuckled gently.

"You love it." She gave me a cheesy smile as I rolled my eyes playfully.

"That I do, my dear."

As I walked out of class the next afternoon, I was checking my Instagram. I saw that Ali posted something, which indicated that she was on the ground in California.

 I saw that Ali posted something, which indicated that she was on the ground in California

2k likes 400 comments

alibell Wow, I get to spend over a full week with this wonderful gal. Somebody pinch me 😍 #SpringBreakSzn #WokeUpFromANapToThis #AndPerfectlyOkayWithIt

Tagged: zendaya 

zendaya love you babe 😘

tomholland2013 you two are so precious wow

tomholland2013 lowkey salty you get an extra day together tho

user1 what a beautiful picture and a beautiful view

alibell @tomholland2013 it's Gracie's class schedules fault, not mine bitch

fullofgrace wow my best friends are so happy together and I couldn't be prouder

alibell @fullofgrace THANK YOU GRACIE I LOVE YOU

user2 what a power couple really #Zali

fullofgrace @user2 I like that #Zali

alibell @zendaya LOOK BABE WE HAVE A SHIP NAME TOO NOW #ZALI

I chuckled at Ali's last comment, smiling as I got to my room. I already had my bags packed, so I grabbed them all as I dropped my backpack. It was at that point that I called Tom. "Hi there baby."

"Why are Ali and Zendaya so cute?" I chuckled at his question softly.

"I've heard Ali ask Beth that about us, really. I guess we're all so cute."

"I could get behind that." I chuckled at his statement as I finally got to my car with my bags. "Anyway, what's up?"

"Just calling to let you know that I'm on my way to the airport. We'll be back together soon." I grinned softly.

"I can't wait." I could hear a smile in his voice, and I couldn't agree more.

"I'm sorry that I'll be flying in so late." I pouted softly.

"It's okay. It just means that we'll get to cuddle as soon as we get to the condo." I grinned at the thought as I shut my trunk.

"Now that sounds like a plan." I chuckled softly. "I'm getting ready to drive off. I'll see you when I land, okay baby?"

"Of course, darling. I love you."

"I love you too, baby. See you when I land." I smiled as we ended our call, plugging my phone in and putting the airport into my GPS.

As per usual at this point, I ran straight for Tom at baggage claim once I landed, hugging my arms and legs around him like a koala. "This never gets old," I whispered as I looked up at him with a smile.

"No, it doesn't, my dear." Tom smiled as he pressed our lips together, and I smiled widely as I returned the kiss. I could hear some happy reactions from the airport crowd as I pulled away gently. "Now, if I remember correctly, you mentioned cuddling once we got to the condo."

"No, I believe that was you." I chuckled as he rolled his eyes while I put my legs down. "Come on, the sooner we get my bags, the sooner that cuddling can happen."

"I like the sound of that." He chuckled as he took my hand. 

As we got to the condo, I saw a gift bag on the table. "Tom..." I shook my head with a smile.

"What? I won't see you for your actual birthday, so I wanted to give you a gift now." He grinned cheekily. My birthday was two weeks from now.

"Why are you such an amazing boyfriend?" I whined teasingly, causing him to chuckle. 

"Come on, open it!" I smiled as I did, pulling out two small boxes. Each box held a simple bracelet with black bars running across half of them. "This one's yours. Put it on." He smiled, handing me the one that had rose gold accents.

"You got us matching bracelets?" I smiled as I attached both ends together.

"Not just bracelets. Check this out." Once he had his bracelet on, which had simple silver accents, I saw him gently place a finger on the black bar. At that exact moment, I could feel a pulse on my wrist from my bracelet. "If you're ever thinking of or missing me, just touch the sensor part. No matter how far apart we are, I'll feel it and know."

"I love it," I whispered softly, wiping a tear that had formed in my eyes. "I love you." 

"I love you more." He whispered, pulling me close and kissing my head. "Dear God, I missed this." I heard as I buried my face in his neck. His arms held me in a way that was comfortable, but tight enough to know that he didn't want to let go anytime soon.

"I did too," I whispered, looking up at him. "What do you say we go lay down and do exactly this all night long?"

"I say that sounds absolutely lovely." He grinned as he picked me up, bridal style. I laughed playfully as I held on and he carried me to the bedroom we'd be using for the week. I couldn't wait to spend my spring break together.

Let me know what you think!