Thirty

Everyone in the theater gasped simultaneously as my face came into view, even those who knew that I was Flex. It was a powerful moment to say the very least. Beth, who had been rubbing my hand calmingly the entire time, suddenly stopped. I squeezed her hand softly as we watched.

"Stacy..." Peter's voice was almost inaudible as he went and sat down on the makeshift bed. The four Avengers stepped to the back to let the two young heroes talk.

"Peter? No wonder we had such a great dynamic when we fought Octopus." She chuckled before wincing in pain.

"Stace, you've got to go to the hospital. Octopus really hurt you."

"Peter, you know that everyone would wonder how I got this hurt, and it wouldn't be long before people started putting two and two together. I wouldn't stay hidden."

"What exactly is keeping you from telling anyone who you are?" Steve piped up from the back. Stacy sighed as she carefully sat up to address everyone.

"Well, there's a few reasons. I want to keep everyone safe, but I don't wanna be hailed as some hero by just doing the right thing and using my gift to keep people safe." Peter smiled at her humble reasoning. "Also, my dad is the chief of a police department that is very vocally against superheroes. Me and Peter specifically, actually. He'd have a cow if he found out. That's why I don't talk as Flex—someone would recognize my voice. The whole city basically knows who I am because of him."

"Still, Stace. You gotta get the medical attention you need." He pushed some hair behind her ear softly. "We'll say you were hit by a car or something."

From the corner of my eye, I could see Ali bite her lip. Beth took her hand softly as we all sat with bated breath.

Stacy bit her lip to consider the possibility. "Okay. We'll go to the hospital."

At that point, Peter smiled softly. "Okay."

And then the two teens were locked in a kiss.

I could hear the theater cheering as Tom and I (well, Peter and Stacy) kissed on screen. Tom pressed a kiss to my cheek gently as the movie continued.

Once the movie ended, my parents pulled me into a hug. They were both openly crying as the three of us hugged. "We're so proud of you, baby." My dad grinned softly as we hugged.

After a chat with my parents, they bid me their goodbyes so I could enjoy my evening with my friends and castmates. There would be a party tonight, but my parents had an early flight the next morning and they wanted to sleep.

As soon as my parents walked away, I was ambushed in a tight hug that I knew had to belong to Ali and Beth. "MY BIG IS A MARVEL SUPERHERO!" Beth yelled excitedly, and I chuckled softly.

"You already knew I was, Beth." Tom chuckled, causing Beth to laugh as well. Ali was just hugging me tightly, rendered speechless for the first time since I'd known her. "How did you ladies enjoy the film?"

"It was magical. Everyone did amazing." Beth smiled. Ali just nodded as she hugged me again, and I smiled. I felt a tear drip onto my shoulder, and I pulled her aside so we can sit down.

"Babe, don't cry. You look bomb as fuck and you don't wanna ruin that beautiful makeup." She chuckled as I gently wiped the tear off of her cheek. "What's going through your mind?"

"I'm just so proud of you, love." She whispered, and I smiled. "You're a fucking superhero now."

"I'm still the same weirdo you met when you moved in freshman year. Literally nothing has changed about me." I grinned gently, taking her hand.

"Yeah, but now the whole world gets to see just how awesome I've always known you are." I grinned at her compliment, hugging her tightly.

"Thank you so fucking much, love. Now come on, we've got a party to go to." I grinned as we stood up and linked arms.

"Are we ready for a party?" Tom smiled as we came back to where he, Beth, Daya, Jacob, and Harrison were.

"Oh yeah."

As we partied, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked to see Robert grinning with a smile. "Can we talk for a second?"

"Of course. Be right back, baby." I grinned at Tom, kissing his cheek softly.

Once Robert and I were secluded, he hugged me tightly. "I told you that you'd be amazing. Everyone loves you, Grace."

"Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. I practically owe my life to you." I chuckled softly as I pulled back from our hug.

"Just make sure you don't let anything change you from the incredible human being you are, okay? I don't want you to be a total bitch next time we work together, okay?" He grinned gently.

"I promise I'll be good, Robert." I grinned softly.

I woke up the next morning wound tightly in Tom's arms, grinning up at his wide smile despite a pounding headache. "Hi, baby."

"Hi there. How ya feeling?" I had a good bit to drink at the party last night, so it wasn't surprising to know I was hungover.

"Definitely hungover," I whispered, groaning gently. He chuckled and kissed my head.

"I think I packed some Advil, love. If you take some, we can still meet Chris and Lizzie for breakfast."

"Okay..." I mumbled, shielding my eyes. The bright light only added to the pain. "Can you grab my sunglasses with that?" I heard him chuckle as he kissed my forehead.

"Of course, darling. Anything for you."

As we sat in the diner booth, I heard Lizzie chuckling as she sat down. "Looks like someone had a great night."

"Don't remind me, Lizzie," I stated, getting a chuckle from my table mates. "I'm sorry I'm hungover on our first double date."

"Grace, you had a monumental night last night. It's okay to have a little fun with it." Chris chuckled softly.

"So, how does it feel to know that you have about one week until the movie comes out and the world officially knows you're a superhero?" Lizzie smiled as Tom wrapped an arm around me.

"I'm gonna spend that week relishing any sense of normalcy I've known in the last few months." I chuckled before groaning softly at a headache.

"I'll be by your side the whole time, darling." Tom grinned, kissing the top of my head gently.

"Thank you." I grinned, looking back at him and pressing our lips together softly. 

Let me know what you think!