Fifty-Nine

"And as you walk across the stage today, I want you all to know that you are taking the first steps into your future." I chuckled silently at our President's cheesy words, sending a knowing glance to Ali who was a few seats down. "Now, as per tradition, the senior class always selects one senior to give a speech at commencement. This is a tradition we have all loved for many years, and this year, we have one of the most exciting speakers. It is my pleasure to announce student speaker and esteemed actress Grace Chance."

Everyone in attendance cheered as I stood up and made my way to the podium. "Thank you, President Albert. I think you're the first person to call me an esteemed actress, and it feels pretty good." After the chuckle I got at that, I smiled widely. "I feel like I speak for everyone when I say that college has given me not one, but two educations. I was educated in Management and Image Marketing, but I was also educated in the ways of life."

As I gave my speech, my eyes swept the crowd and landed on my parents, Tom, Beth, Zendaya, and Stephanie. I smiled through my speech as I looked at the huge support system I had throughout my time at school, doing my best to look at the entire crowd from time to time. "And so, I want to leave everyone with this; it's okay to exit college with a different plan than what you started with. I sure am," One last round of chuckles came from the audience, and I smiled, "as long as you found who you are."

As the crowd cheered, I made my way back to my seat--but not before a big hug from Ali.

After we all tossed our caps into the air and gathered them back up, Ali and I immediately ran to where our group was. After a large group hug from everyone, Tom and I were holding each other tight. "When's the announcement?" His voice was a soft whisper.

"Like twenty minutes from now." I smiled as I pressed my lips to his.

As predicted, my phone was buzzing with notifications twenty minutes later. "Gracie, is everything alright?" Beth looked at me with a raised eyebrow. We had all decided to get lunch.

"Maybe we should all take a look at Instagram." Tom smiled, placing his hand on my thigh gently.

" Tom smiled, placing his hand on my thigh gently

20k likes 600 comments

marvel Today is a day to celebrate our lovely Grace Chance. She just graduated Summa Cum Laude from a distinguished university, and we are so happy to announce that she is returning to the silver screen in her own Flex Movie!
We love you, Grace!

Tagged: fullofgrace

user1 WAIT REALLY I WOULD LOVE A FLEX MOVIE

user2 CONGRATULATIONS GRACE 🎉

alibell OMG YES GO BEST FRAND

fullofgrace Thanks guys! Love you all! 💖

user3 SO EXCITED

"Oh my gosh! How long have you known?" Beth smiled widely.

"Kevin Feige called me a few days after spring break." I grinned as she blew me a kiss.

"Are any familiar faces going to make an appearance?" Ali smiled at me.

"I know a few." Zendaya smiled, and Ali looked back at her excitedly. "I wasn't allowed to say anything until they announced it." She kissed her cheek, and I grinned.

"I'm so proud of you, big." Beth smiled as she took my hand gently.

"Thank you, little one," I smiled as I squeezed her hand softly. "You're gonna do great, babe."

After our lunch was done, Tom and I made our way to the hotel we had been staying at between the time I moved all of my stuff out of my room and now. "Congratulations, darling." He grinned as we laid down on the bed. 

"Thank you, baby," I whispered back, pressing my lips to his softly. When we pulled away, I looked up at him with a smile. "I can't believe we're engaged and getting ready to live together."

"It's absolutely amazing, love."

"You know, if you had told me when I started college that I'd be marrying an incredibly successful British actor when I graduated, I would have told you that you were crazy." I smiled, and he pushed some hair from my face.

"I'm so glad you are, though. Grace, you are the love of my life." I pushed some of his curls away as our smiles grew.

"As are you, Tom."

The night was filled with a strange combination of us messing with each other and, well... messing with each other. It was the way we worked, and it was absolutely magical.

As Tom and I walked down the runway, I turned and waved to my parents. I could see a tear in my mom's eyes, and I blew her a kiss before turning back. "This is a little weird, I'm not gonna lie." I looked up at him gently.

"I know it is, darling. But trust me, we're getting ready to begin a beautiful chapter in our lives." He took my hand, weaving our fingers together and kissing my head softly. "Tessa is so excited to see you."

"Aww, my little angel." I grinned, kissing his cheek in return. "I can't wait to see her."

"I can't wait to be back in our apartment, baby. I made sure to leave a surprise for you in our bedroom." He sent me a wink, and I chuckled softly.

"Well, I can't wait to see it." I chuckled.

Once we were up in the air, Tom and I decided to share an in-flight movie. With an earbud to each of us, we chose to watch an old romantic comedy that we had seen a few times. Sometime during the movie, I could feel a weight on my shoulder. I looked to see Tom dozing off, and I smiled. I pressed a kiss to the top of his head, and I smiled softly.

The past few years of my life had brought me a wave of change and spontaneous experiences, but I wouldn't change anything for the world.

Thanks to a chance encounter I faced, my whole life changed for the better. I couldn't be more thankful.

Thank you all for joining me on this lovely ride! I have thoroughly enjoyed writing about Grace and the gang, and I'm glad that you all enjoyed reading about them.

Keep your eye out for news about the sequel!

Also, if anyone creates any type of art for this story, feel free to let me know! I don't really have any artistic abilities outside of dance and writing, so I would love to see anything you come up with!

Love you all! :-)