Thirteen

He looked up, a smile growing on his face when he saw me. "Hi, Grace. I know you and I don't really know each other, but please never call me Mr. Downey Jr. again. Robert is just fine." He and I chuckled briefly, and I nodded. "Are you ready for your dance scene today?"

"I am, yeah. I'm ready to show the world what I'm made of." I gave him a smile, and he nodded.

"Well, I'm very excited to see it. Tom has really talked this piece up, and I cannot wait to see what all of his hype is about." Great. No additional pressure or anything. "I have no doubt that you'll be amazing."

"I'm very honored that you feel that way, Robert. Actually, that's kinda why I came to talk to you."

"Oh, really?" When I nodded, he smiled and gestured to the chair next to him. "What's on your mind?"

As I sat down, I took a deep breath. "I was talking with Tom last night, and he mentioned that you were the one who wanted to bring me on as Stacy Adams." He nodded gently as I took a deep breath. "I just really want to thank you for that. You see something in me that I don't even see in myself. Just knowing that you do, though, makes me excited to start looking for it."

"You mean you really don't see the chemistry you and Tom have?" I looked at him with an eyebrow raised, and he smiled. "That's why I wanted to have you, Grace. I've seen the chemistry you and Tom have onscreen in Far From Home. Hell, I saw the ways you two connected when you guys were just messing around behind the scenes during that dance scene. I wanted a girl who would be able to connect with Tom the way Stacy Adams would connect with Peter Parker. The acting comes with practice, but the chemistry is either there or it's not." I felt my cheeks getting warm as he spoke.

"You could see that before you met me?" I looked at him, and he nodded.

"Of course. Ya got heart, kid. I'm excited to see where everything takes you." He gave me a grin as I heard someone call my name. "Knock 'em dead, Grace. I know you can."

As I walked on set, I could feel my smile grow. The conversation I just had with Robert really helped me realize that the fears I had a few days ago were all in my head. Tom saw my smile and grinned as I walked on set, blowing me a kiss.

"Okay, Grace. We're going to have you do the routine without us actually filming so we make sure we have good angles. Are you ready?" The director gave me a gentle smile, and I nodded softly. "Okay."

As soon as the music started, I shut out the world and focused on my dancing. It's what I always did when I danced, and I often found it therapeutic. Today, however, it was like I was trying hard to impress. I really wanted to prove to Robert that he was right; I did have the chemistry to play Stacy Adams.

When the music stopped, I looked up to see everyone staring at me with wide eyes. Even people who had been in the middle of something stopped what they were doing and seemed frozen in place. I bit my lip softly, glancing directly at Tom. He had the widest smile on his face.

"Holy shit." Robert was the first one to speak. I looked over at him, shocked to see him wiping his eye gently. Did I actually cause tears from him? "Grace, that was incredible."

Soon, I was surrounded with applause. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and smiled as Tom ran over and hugged me tightly. "You did absolutely amazing, baby." He whispered as he kissed my cheek.

"Thank you, baby." I felt like I was on top of the world.

That night, all of us housemates were hanging in our basement. I currently had Tessa in my lap as I sat against the wall with Daya as the guys messed around. "Boys are stupid." She chuckled as we watched them make fools out of themselves.

"That they are." I chuckled as Tessa laid down, her head on top of my leg. "Hey Tom, Tessa likes me more than you!" I called as I pet her gently.

"You take that back!" I laughed as he rushed over, laying down so his face was directly in front of his dog's. "Princess, you love me the most right?"

"I don't know, mate. She seems pretty into Grace right now." Harrison gave me a wink as he and Jacob messed around. Tom pouted with that, turning around and moving so his head was in my lap.

"Grace, you're no fun sometimes." He pouted up at me, and I chuckled.

"I try, babe." I grinned as I began playing with his hair. Daya gave me a knowing smile as if she could tell what had happened during our date last night. It wouldn't surprise me if she did, really. Jacob looked at Tom and chuckled.

"Tom, you're super clingy lately. It's like you need to get laid or something." I could see Tom blush softly as he looked up at me, and I rolled my eyes.

"You know, Jacob, if I wanted to hear comments Ali would say, I'd call her." I looked at him as I kept playing with Tom's hair. I had to admit, it was really soft.

"I mean it's true." Zendaya chuckled, sending me a wink. Oh, she definitely knew.

"That doesn't mean you guys have to say it in front of my girlfriend!" Tom's eyes immediately widened as he said that, and I chuckled.

"Wait, are you guys actually...?" Harrison looked up at us, a wide smile on his face.

"That's why Tessa likes me more than you, Harrison." I chuckled. As if on cue, Tessa nuzzled into me and Tom smiled.

"Well, I'm really happy for you two. You guys are great together." Tom smiled as Jacob complimented us, sitting up and kissing my cheek.

This is going to be a fun summer.

What do you guys think?