Fifteen

I smiled widely as I felt him hug me back. "I'm so proud of you, Grace." He grinned softly.

"Thank you," I whispered as I looked up at him, and he smiled too.

"No, thank you." He grinned, but before we could continue, the director announced they were ready for the action scene. "Duty calls."

"That it does," I chuckled as he let go and made his way over to the set. I blew Tom a kiss as he put his Spidey mask on, and I smiled as he blew me one back.

During our first few days of shooting, the cast and I had been working with some of Marvel's publicity team for a photo shoot and interview when we weren't needed on set. As we were all at craft services for lunch, I got a message saying it was all up on the website.

 As we were all at craft services for lunch, I got a message saying it was all up on the website

52k likes 350 comments

marvel A character as iconic as Gwen Stacy takes a truly genuine person to bring to life, and we have found ours in Grace Chance. Grace is making her acting debut as Stacy Adams in Iron Man 4, coming soon to theaters. Follow the link in our bio to see how Grace plans to bring Gwen to life while giving her an original spin.

Tagged: fullofgrace

user1 wow she's so pretty

user2 Can't wait to see it!

alibell YES GRACIE YOU GO BITCH I LOVE YOU

user3 i don't see it. she's not Gwen Stacy.

user4 @user3 exactly. She's Stacy Adams. Completely different.

user3 @user4 she's gonna suck in the movie. she has no idea what she's doing plus she's not pretty

alibell @user3 SHUT YOUR WHOLE MOUTH GRACE IS A WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING

user5 I can't believe Tom is as obsessed with her as he is. She's not even talented anyway

user6 @user5 RT she isn't a good dancer I have no idea why they're monopolizing her lack of skills.

I was reading the Instagram comments as I walked to find a place to eat. All of the comments were really hitting where it hurts, and as I kept reading, they kept getting worse and worse. I saw Tom and Tessa out of the corner of my eye, but I couldn't let them see me like this. I shut myself off in the trailer Zendaya and I shared, and only when I was alone did I let any tears fall.

I could hear a knock on our trailer door, and I sniffled gently. "Grace, it's Z. Can I come in?" Her voice was soft and gentle.

"Yeah," I said between sniffles, and I looked up to see her walk in.

"Tom's really angry about it, but he doesn't want to scare you with how mad he is." I took a deep breath as I nodded, understanding. "I saw what some of them were saying. They're wrong, you know." She sat down next to me softly, and I shook my head.

"But some of them are right. I don't know what I'm doing, Daya." I wiped a tear as it fell, and she sighed.

"You're obviously doing something right, love. Hell, your dancing made Robert Downey Jr. cry. That takes incredible talent. Even Tom hasn't done that." She chuckled, pushing some of my hair behind my ear.

"How do you deal with it, Z?" I saw her sigh as she shrugged.

"It's hard. But you just have to surround yourself with the positive people in your life, and they help you shut it out." I nodded as I sniffled again, and she gave me a sad smile. "Hey, let's call Ali. Your personal hypewoman will definitely be able to cheer you up." I nodded, pulling out my phone and calling her on FaceTime.

"Gracie, you are not allowed to be sad. It looks like the makeup artist did a wonderful job today and you don't wanna mess it up." I chuckled sadly as she started talking to me. "Seriously, you know that you're one of the most talented, kindest women I've ever met, right?"

"Ali, I love you, but--"

"No buts. Grace, you are absolutely amazing. You stayed awake at the hospital with me for over twelve hours after you had shot a movie scene just because you were worried."

"You also keep everyone happy on set with your bubbly personality and gentle smile. Grace, none of those haters are right. They've never met you."

As Ali and Daya talked to me, I started feeling better. Their voices stayed gentle and kind as we spoke so they wouldn't upset me, and we eventually started talking about other topics so I could calm down before I had to be back on set. "I love you two, truly, but I have to get going to work now. Call me when you're off set, okay babe?" I smiled and nodded as Ali blew me a kiss before hanging up.

"Would you like me to see if Tom has calmed down?" I nodded, and she smiled. "Okay."

After she left, I took a deep breath and pulled out my phone. I saw that Tom had posted a picture and tagged me in it, and I took a deep breath.

 I saw that Tom had posted a picture and tagged me in it, and I took a deep breath

3m likes

tomholland2013 Nobody who has ever met Grace Chance believes that she is untalented, ugly or insensitive. This beautiful soul has been a light in my life since the moment we met, and today it truly broke my heart to see how people are willing to just spew hate to someone who deserves nothing but the absolute best of everything. Every single person who has ever had the opportunity to have a conversation with her knows that she is just so genuinely sweet and amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better girl to play Stacy Adams, or for a better girl in general.

Tagged: fullofgrace

Comments have been disabled for this post.

I smiled as I saw his post, so grateful to see that he wanted to make sure I was feeling better. "Baby?" I heard Tom's soft voice from outside the trailer. I stood up and took a deep breath, opening the door to see him holding a vase of peonies.

"Tom..." I smiled, going and hugging him tightly. "Thank you," I whispered as I held on tight.

"Of course, love." He whispered, pressing a kiss to my head. "Would you like to go sit down?"

After I set the vase on the counter of our trailer, Tom and I sat on the trailer's couch as he wrapped an arm around me. "Thank you for not getting me roses." I smiled as he chuckled.

"You were very adamant that they're the most basic of all the flowers. I did have to ask Ali what your favorite flower was, admittedly." He grinned gently.

"I'm surprised she knew, honestly." I giggled softly as he nodded.

"I am too." He grinned, holding me tight.

Of course, I am not condoning any negativity through the internet, but I didn't want everything to be peaches and cream the whole time.

Let me know your thoughts! :-)