Fifty

A few days later, I was sitting in my chair as Tom was filming a scene. I watched him for a while, but I eventually ended up scrolling through Instagram. Okay, maybe I had a small problem.

 Okay, maybe I had a small problem

3.5m likes 20k comments

zendaya We have a 25-hour layover in NYC. Of course we're gonna explore.

Tagged: alibell

fullofgrace 20 bucks says Ali fell off that rail after you took that picture

alibell Love you babe! 😘

alibell @fullofgrace HA I DIDNT

user1 Looks like a lot of fun!

user2 WHY ARE YOU TWO SO ADORABLE? #ZALI

bethajones ^^I SECOND THAT

As I was scrolling, I looked up at the sound of footsteps approaching. "Is that Paul Rudd?!" I chuckled as he rolled his eyes.

"Very funny, Grace." He smiled as he sat down in his chair. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course. What's on your mind?" I set my phone in my lap as I looked at him.

"You and Tom. Are things going well?" I raised an eyebrow at him gently, wondering where that came from. "I was reading this article earlier. From E! News." I rolled my eyes at that. Of course.

"What did they say this time?"

"The article was full of pictures of Tom and your friend Ali dancing in a club. They accused of the two of them being in a forbidden romance." I let out a sigh, shaking my head and biting my lip. "I highly doubted it because their argument was shit, but I wanted to make sure you knew about it."

"It's like the two of us being happy is a foreign concept to them at this point." I rubbed my face gently, giving a smile to Paul. "Thank you for letting me know, CB."

"Anything for you, Reg." He smiled, patting my shoulder as someone called his name. As he stood, I grabbed my phone and called Zendaya.

"Hey, Grace. What up?"

"Are you with Ali?"

"Yeah, we're in the hotel room for a bit before we head to the airport."

"Put me on speaker, please? I gotta tell you two something."

After a brief moment, I could hear Ali. "Hi, Gracie!"

"Hi, Ali. Listen, Paul just told me something I think you two need to hear."

"Okay..."

"E! News put out another gossip piece about Tom."

"Jeez, Gracie. Why can't they just accept that you two are completely happy?" Ali seemed worried, and I couldn't even begin to imagine what she'd think about the rest of this story.

"I have no idea. But apparently, they think you two aren't happy either."

"What are you talking about?" There was a heightened concern in Daya's voice, almost as if she knew what I was going to say.

"Remember that night we went clubbing while you two were here? When Zendaya and I were sober?"

"Yeah, what about it...?"

"Apparently some paparazzi snapped pictures of Tom and Ali dancing and drinking. The article is accusing the two of them of being in a secret relationship."

That was met with an extended silence. It felt like forever before Zendaya spoke again. "What does Tom think about that?"

"I don't think he knows. He's been filming for the past hour or so. I only just now found out about it." There was a long sigh from the other end.

"When he goes on his break, let him know. At some point, the four of us will need to figure out how to handle this together." As Zendaya spoke, I could hear Ali taking deep breaths. I knew that was something she did when she was about to cry.

"Okay. Hey, Ali, we're all gonna figure this out, okay? E! News is nothing to stress over. They're the fucking worst." I heard a small chuckle from her, and I smiled. I glanced over to see Tom heading my way. "He's all finished. I'll call you guys later, okay?"

At the end of our call, Tom smiled and kissed my cheek. "Who was that, baby?"

"Zendaya and Ali." I looked at him as he sat down. "Crap Bag came up to me while you were shooting. Apparently, there's another article out."

"Who wrote it?"

"E! News." He sighed with a roll of his eyes as he pulled his phone out.

"What lies are they spreading this time?" As he typed and scrolled around on his phone, I could see his expressions ranging from annoyance to shock to worry. When he finally looked up at me, I bit my lip softly. "What does Ali think?"

"She sounded like she was getting ready to cry, in all honesty. I got off the line with them so I could let them process it together." After a while, I had gotten used to the gossip pieces that popped up here and there, but this was the first time Ali was experiencing it. My heart really went out to her.

"That's probably the best thing to do." He nodded, looking at me. "How do we want to handle this?"

"Zendaya suggested all four of us sit down and figure out what we do because all four of us are involved somehow. But I kinda wanna let Ali process this before we talk." He nodded, sighing as he took my hand.

"I know you're tired of all of the hate and negativity, darling. But I just want you to know that I love you with all of my heart." He pressed a kiss to the back of my hand softly.

"I love you too, baby." I smiled as I looked at the time. It was almost wrap time for today. "I'm gonna send a text to Ali real quick."

Hey babe. Just wanted to let
you know that Tom and I are
leaving set for the day. We
can sit down and talk about
this whenever you're ready.

I love you to bits, Ali. I 
promise you'll get through
this ❤️❤️❤️❤️

As I set my phone down, we were told we could wrap for the day. "Hey, I have a recipe that I remembered today. It's for this really interesting garlic bread and pasta casserole. I was thinking about trying to make it for dinner tonight."

"That sounds lovely, my dear." He smiled gently, leaning over and pressing a kiss to my lips. 

Don't forget to vote and let me know your thoughts! I love any forms of feedback you'd have! :-)