- 1 0 -

It got awkward after I said that. I also didn't want to look back at my story, so I got up while taking my card out of the computer, and walked to the door. The sound of the other chair squeaking a bit because Connor got up too. 

"Where are you going?" He asked. 

"We're gonna find Hank." I answered while opening the door.

We checked the desks but he still wasn't here yet. I saw the coffee still on his desk, and I see Gavin trying to come up to us. 

"Skyes!" He called out. "Oh shit, Connor let's go.." I quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him, running a little. 

"I don't want that asshole near me...." I said while he headed out. 

"If I were Hank, where would I be.." I muttered trying to think. 

If I call him, surely he wouldn't pick up. I don't think he's coming anytime soon either... I checked my watch, 9:49. I was suddenly getting hungry, so I hopped onto my motorcycle. 

"Let's go Connor, I'm getting hungry." I told him while turning on the engine. 

"I told you... You should've ate something this morning!" He talked into my ear since the motorcycle was so loud. 

"Sorry mom." I said back and rolled my eyes playfully. 

I put my helmet on and gave him a nod. 

"We'll get something to eat before checking his house, but I have a feeling I know where he's at." Connor wrapped his arms around my waist and the great feeling came back. 

I sighed in relief and we drove off.

-Connor's POV-

As Aaron drove, I kept an eye out for Hank. I had no idea where we were going, but I just went with it. After a few minutes, I hadn't noticed the motorcycle stop, and the engine noise fade until Aaron hopped off. I quickly pulled my arms to the side before hearing her voice. 

"Knew it..." I looked to the side to see Aaron walking to Hank at a food truck. 

"What are you two doing here?" He asked while I got off the motorcycle. 

"We went out to look for you, but I got hungry, so I decided to stop by here at Gary's." She answered as the guy inside the truck turned around and greeted her. 

She smiled. 

"Been a while, Gary." She went up to him as soon as Hank left the truck with a small box and a drink to a table with an umbrella. I scanned the man that gave Anderson his meal.

KAYES, GARY

Born: 12/03/1988 // Business Owner

Criminal Record: Resisting arrest, breach of hygiene regulations

"Same as always?" I stay a little to hear Aaron and Gary's conversation. 

"Yes please!" She pleaded while raising herself a little on her toes. 

I found it cute of her. I realized how small she was and I moved a bit closer to her. She looked up at me and pushed me a little while chuckling. 

"C'mon! You make me feel so small when you look down on me like that!" She joked. 

I ended up having a small smile on my lips. 

"Go chat with Hank while I wait from my meal." She turned towards Hank, while he was getting his burger out of the box. 

I nodded and headed straight from him. I set my arms on the table and looked at him. 

"Do you come here often?" I started. 

He finished the food in his mouth before replying. 

"Most days. Gary makes the best burgers in Detroit." I nodded my head a little and looked back at Aaron before speaking again. 

"Can I ask you a personal question, Lieutenant?" I turned back to face him. 

"Why do you hate androids so much?" He stared at me for 5 seconds before answering. 

"I have my reasons." He said before picking up his drink and sipping it. 

"Is there anything you'd like to know about me?" I asked. 

"Hell, no..." He quickly responded. "Well, Yeah, um... Why did they make you look so goofy and give you that weird voice?" He questioned. 

"CyberLife androids are designed to work harmoniously with humans. Both my appearance and voice were specially designed to facilitate my integration." He nodded his head while giving me a weird look. 

"Well they fucked up." He took another sip of his drink again. 

"Wow, so rude." I turned my head to the right so see Aaron settling on the table with us. 

I looked down at her food to see what she got. 5 pieces of spicy chicken wings with a small cup of water with ice. She had a pair of chops sticks with her and started eating. 

"Again with the chop sticks?" Hank raised a brow. 

"I can do whatever I want." she snapped her fingers, giving a sassy attitude. 

"Anyways, you ever dealt with deviants before?" Hank sipped his drink once again. 

I stopped for a moment to remember what happened. The sound of gunshots and the girl screaming because of fear echoing in my head. 

"A few months back, a deviant was threatening to jump off the roof with a little girl." I felt Aaron's pair of eyes on me. "I managed to save her..." 

"So, I guess you've done all your homework, right?" I noticed the small box was gone and hank has already finished his burger. 

He was left with his drink in his hand. 

"Know everything there is to know about me?" He waited for my answer. 

I debated whether I should lie, or tell the truth. Humans usually lie when they need to. I told the truth because what's the point in lying. 

"I know that you graduated top of your class. You made a name of yourself in several cases, and became the youngest Lieutenant in Detroit. Until, Aaron beat you. I also know you've received many disciplinary warnings in recent years and...." I took a small pause. "You spend a of time in bars." I looked at Aaron, she was spacing out. 

She had already finished her chicken wings and drink. I grabbed the container and cup, making her snap out other thoughts, and look at me. I walked to the trash bin and threw out her trash.

"Aaron, graduated as a Valedictorian in high school. You also became the youngest lieutenant in Detroit. Anderson is second." I looked at Hank. 

"You two became very close and is like family to each other." I walked back to my original spot.

"Aaron seems to have personal things that she wouldn't like to share until later." I looked at her with a slight worried expression and she gave me a sad smile. 

"So what's you conclusion?" Hank rotated his hand that had his drink in it, mixing it's contents inside.

 "I think working with officers that have personal issues is an added challenge, but adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features." 

To Be Continued...