- 1 9 -

- - -

-Connor's POV-

PM 04:06:05

I opened my eyes and looked around to see that I'm back at the place where I meet up with Amanda. I start walking over the bridge and could see her sitting in a boat. I keep walking until I reach her. She had an umbrella in hand and greeted me.

"Hello, Connor." She said while I was getting onto the boat with her. "I thought you might enjoy a little cruise..."

I sat on the seat across from her, and pushed the ledge to give me space to row the boat. I started to paddle, moving slowly to take in the beautiful scenery.

"I love this place..." Amanda looked up and around. "Everything is so calm and peaceful...far from the noise of the world..."

She looked back at me and smiled slightly.

"Tell me, what have you discovered?" She asked me.

I released the paddles.

"My relationship with Lieutenant Anderson is problematic. He continues to struggle with psychological issues... With Ms. Skyes... It's quite complicated. She can be very sensitive, but also cold If you don't choose the right words." I explained.

"Nothing matters more than your investigation. What's happening is too important. Don't let Skyes, Anderson, or anyone else get in your way."

I grabbed he paddles again and start rowing. My mind full of different thoughts. It was silent for five seconds before she spoke again.

"You seem... lost, Connor. Lost and perturbed..."

I released the paddles again.

"I thought I knew what I had to do..." I felt the disappointment from her. "But now I realize it's not that simple." I looked down.

"You had your gun trained on those deviants at the Eden Club."

With that, the memory of the blue and brown-haired Traci popped up in my head.

"Why didn't you shoot?" She asked.

Her question reminded me of the same question Hank asked.

"I don't know..." I looked back up at her. "I don't know."

"If your investigation doesn't make progress soon, I may have to replace you, Connor..." She told.

"I know I will succeed. All I need is time."

As soon as I said that, I hear a small thunder noise. Amanda looks up and around before looking back at me.

"Something's happening... Something serious. Hurry, Connor. Time is running out."

- - -

We were waiting in the elevator and I was playing with my coin. All that was heard was the metal of the coin and the elevator noise going up. I kept tossing the coin around until Hank grabbed took it.

"You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor." He tucked the coin in his pocket.

"Sorry, Lieutenant." I apologized.

Aaron sighed and we arrived at the 79th floor. Hank stepped into the corridor first and was greeted by Chris.

"Shit, what's going on here? There was a party and nobody told me about it?" Hank looked around the room.

"Yea, It's all over the news, so everyone's butting their nose in... Even the FBI wants a piece of the action..." said Chris.

"Ah, Christ, now we got the Feds on our back... I knew this was gonna be a shitty day." Hank looked at everyone again. "So what do we got?"

Me and Aaron stepped out of the elevator and looked around. I looked at Hank and we both followed Hank, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"A group of four androids..." Chris informed. "They new the building, and they were very well organized. I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far without being noticed."

I heard other conversations from the other people and they were also talking about what was going on. We stopped for a second before continuing down the hallway.

"They attacked two guards in the hallway. They probably though the androids were coming to do maintenance." Hank looked behind him, at us. "They got taken down before the could react..."

Hank looked behind the desk before we kept following Chris.

"One of the station employees managed to get away. He's in shock, not sure when we'll able to talk to him... "

"How many people were working here?" Hank asked while looking down at a body.

"Just two employees and three androids." Chris answered. "The deviants took the humans hostage and broadcast their message live. They made their getaway from the roof."

"The roof?" Hank questioned.

"Yeah, they jumped with parachutes... We're still trying to figure out where they landed, but the weather's not helping... If you want to take a look at the video broadcast by the deviants, it's on that screen over there" Chris finished and me and Aaron started searching for clues on what happened.

To Be Continued...

A/n: Sorry for this kind of boring chapter 😅