- 3 8 -

-Connor's POV-

We made it out safely and found an abandoned church to all gather around. Only a few hundred androids made it out alive. I leaned on a wall with my shoulder, arms crossed, thinking about my decisions. I honestly don't regret becoming deviant. Thoughts started to lead to thinking about Aaron. I wonder if she's worried about me? I smiled as soon as I remembered her words.

"Whether you're deviant or not, it doesn't matter to me."

I felt relieved to know that Aaron is there for me, but I'm worried about Markus. I've betrayed his people and the reason why we're here is because of me. If only I just opened my eyes sooner... I realized Markus was standing in front of me. I decide to talk first.

"It's my fault." I started. "The humans managed to locate Jericho..." He kept silent but I continued. "I was stupid... I should've guessed they were using me." I sighed a little before walking up closer to him.

"I'm sorry, Markus... I can understand if you decide not to trust me..."

"You're one of us, now. Your place is with your people." He was about to walk away, but I quickly said something to stop him.

"There are thousands of androids at the CyberLife assembly plant. If we could wake them up, they might join us and shift the balance of power..."

He took a few steps close to me this time.

"You wanna infiltrate the CyberLife tower? Connor, that's suicide..." He cocked his head to the side.

"They trust me, they'll let me in." I paused for a moment. "If anyone has a chance of infiltrating CyberLife, it's me." His words overlapped mine.

"If you go there, they will kill you." His eyebrows crashed together.

"There's a high probability... but statistically speaking, there's always a chance for unlikely events to take place..." I finished.

He was silent for a moment. He put a hand on my shoulder.

"Be careful..." He said and I nodded slightly.

I waited a few minutes for Markus to finish talking with the rest of the androids. He walked back up the short steps and turn to face the rest of us.

"Humans have decided to exterminate us... Our people are packed in camps right now, being destroyed... Time has come to make a choice, one that very well may determine the future of our people." He paused for a bit.

"I know, I know you're all angry. And I know you want to fight back... But i assure you violence is not the answer here. We are gonna tell them peacefully that we want justice. If there's any humanity in them, they will listen. And if not, others will take our place and continue this fight. Are you ready to follow me?"

The deviants cheered on and on. They chanted his name in agreement.

- - -

-Aaron's Short POV-

I was on the couch, sleeping because I was too tired to go all the way upstairs. I didn't have a blanket and it was really cold. I didn't want to get up to get a blanket or turn the heater on because I was super lazy. Of course, my eyes were closed and I couldn't see anything. I was still awake but I decided to give into the slumber.

- - -

-Connor's POV-

I head back home to Aaron to find her sleeping on the couch. Vanilla was awake as she follows me wherever I go. She barked as soon as she saw me but I quickly place my index finger over my lips for her to quiet down. I head upstairs, trying not to make a sound so I can change back into my original clothes. Before I headed back, I quickly grabbed a blanket for Aaron. 

I made my way down the stairs and into the living room where she was. I gently placed the blanket onto her smaller body and stared at her face. Did I ever say how beautiful she was when she slept? My body moved on it's own, and her face was now an inch away from mine. I could feel her breathing on me. 

Her lips were parted slightly, eyes closed. I moved close and closer until our lips were now in contact with each other. I could feel the excitement run through me, as I could feel the heat to my cheeks. I pulled away and touch my lips where hers were.

"I'm sorry, Aaron..." Is all I said before leaving.

I called a taxi to pick me up, and we were off. As I waited to get to my destination, I looked out the window, thinking of how I kissed Aaron. If she was awake, how would she feel and think that I did that to her without her knowing?

To Be Continued...