- 4 0 -

"Step back, Connor!" He commanded. "And I'll spare her!"

"Connor...?" I looked at him, then at then the one who held a gun to my head.

I knew something was a bit off...

"Your friend's life is in your hands. Now it's time to decide what matters most! Her..." He looked at me. "Or the revolution." He threatened.

"Connor, don't listen to him!" I commanded.

"I use to be just like you. I thought nothing mattered but except the mission... But one day I understood." He tried to convince.

"Very moving, Connor... But I'm not a deviant. I'm a machine designed accomplish a task, and that's exactly what I'm going to do!" The fake pushed the gun, pushing my head a little, making my eyes close for a second.

"I'm sorry, Aaron! You were dragged into this mess..." Connor apologized.

"Just do what you have to do!" I said.

"Enough talk!" The fake shouted. "It's time to decide who you really are. Are you gonna save your partner's life? Or are you gonna sacrifice her?" He threatened once again.

"Alright! Alright!" He let the android's arm go. "You win..." He raised his arms up.

As soon as the fake pointed the gun at him, I quickly reacted. I tried to stop him, but he pushed me to the ground. I hear gun's being fired and bullets hitting. Connor runs at the fake and tried to take him down, both throwing punched and kicks. I couldn't keep track with who was who anymore.

I grabbed the gun that was laying on the floor and quickly stood up.

"Hold it!" I shouted.

They froze in the position they were in before both slowly getting up.

"Thanks, Aaron. I don't know how I'd manage without you..." One of the Connors said. "Get rid of him, we have no time to lose." I kept pointing the gun at both of them, switching every now and then.

"Its's me, Aaron! I'm the real Connor." The other one said.

I quietly sighed.

"One of you is my partner... The other is an asshole. Question is, who is who?.." I said.

One of the Connor's head looked down for a moment.

"What are you doing, Aaron? I'm the real Connor. Give me the gun and I'll take care of him!"

"Don't move!" I shouted.

It was quiet for a moment. I pointed the gun to the other Connor.

"Why don't you ask us something? Something only the real Connor would know."

"Um, Where did we go with my friends when they barged into my office?" I asked.

"To the mall! We went with Jace Liekin, Kaycee Himora, and Jordan Sterline! Me and you went to the food court first because I didn't want you to starve. You also bought me clothes!" The one of my right spoke.

The Connor on my left mumbled something, but I couldn't make out what he said.

"What's my dog's name?" I pointed the gun to left Connor.

"Vanilla! Her name is Vanilla!" Said left Connor.

"I knew that too! I..." Said right.

"My parents... what are my parent's names?"

"Diana Skyes and Jonathan Skyes!" They shouted at the same time.

I was getting impatient. I wanted to give up, but, Connor was someone special. I didn't want to lose another loved one. I need to fight for him. I kept thinking until something popped up. It might not work, but it's still worth a try!

I lowered my gun and they both looked at each other.

"Look at me... trying to find my partner out of the two... In the end, I always lose something important or someone I love. Life is shitty!" I shouted while putting my hands on my head. "What's the point in living if you're just gonna lose them?" I laughed like a crazy person.

The left Connor's LED turned red, while the right stayed blue.

"Instead of choosing to shoot one, I give up..." I looked down.

I was starting to get emotional and my tears were starting to blur my vision, threatening to fall.

"I'll shoot myself instead." I said as I held the gun at my head, tears now falling.

I was so scared... even if It was acting, I was scared. The left one moved quickly.

"AARON, NO!" He rushed to me, LED red.

The right stood there with no emotion. Everything was suddenly going slow motion. As the left Connor moved quickly to me, I then re-aimed the gun at the fake Connor with an angry expression. I shot without hesitation.

*BANG*

His body dropped, and I wiped my tears. I looked at my Connor.

"I guess that answers my question..." I gave him a small smile, but I couldn't stop more tears from flowing.

The thought of losing Connor flooded my head, and It was a horrifying thought to have. I dropped the gun and he quickly threw his arms around me as I cried.

"I'm sorry if I worried you..." I managed to get out in a whisper.

"Shh... It's okay... It's over..." He softly whispered in my ear.

To Be Continued...