- 2 6 -

Aaron was shocked, and so was Jace. Kaycee and Jordan looked at each other and squealed.

"Who is it?" Kaycee and Jordan both ran up to me and started jumping, waiting for an answer.

Aaron stood there still processing what's going on, while Jace is in deep thought of who it could be.

"It's... Me... I'm her boyfriend." I spilled.

Sorry, Aaron, but I just don't like this Jace guy getting close to you... I thought.

Jordan and Kaycee were squealing loudly, and Aaron and Jace were just standing there with a shook expression.

"Wai--" Aaron get's cut off again.

"What's going on in here?!" A voice said.

The barged door opened, revealing Hank and Gavin.

"Jesus, I thought someone was dying in here!" Hank sighed.

"What the hell are we squealing for?" Gavin muttered.

"Aaron is finally dating someone! I thought this girl would never find true love!" Jordan said excitedly.

"What?! Who?!" Gavin and Hank exclaimed.

"Connor!" She pointed at me.

Two rivals...

I grabbed Aaron's wrist and pulled her closer to me. I smiled to them. Hank and Gavin looked at each other before back at us.

"Since when did you turn deviant?" Hank said, still shook.

"Deviant? Guess I have to go report to the Capta--"

"If you fucking tell, I swear to God I will blow your head off. Don't mess with my son..." Hank had Gavin's collar in his hands.

Son...? It was my turn to be a bit surprised. I brushed it off and put a small smile on my face. Honestly, Hank's words made me feel... happy. When I looked at Jace, he seemed scared when he saw Hank grabbing Gavin's collar. I don't think he would want to mess with me now.

"Jace..." Hank called out while pushing Gavin.

"Y-yes sir?" Jace stuttered

"Sorry kiddo, but Aaron is taken. If you have a problem with that, you can gladly come talk to me." Hank said.

"N-no sir..." He looked down.

"Alright, girls, go bring her to the mall or whatever. This girl needs to get out and do something." Hank crossed his arms. "You too, Connor." He said and I nodded in response.

Hank leaned in closer to me while Jordan and Kaycee kept going on about the mall and me to Aaron.

"I know you're gonna protect her..." Hank whispered.

He smiled and looked back to everyone in the room. Gavin was about to leave, but Hank pulled his sleeve.

"Since you all are going out, have fun! Me and Gavin will be partners for the day!" He sounded sarcastic with the excitement of him and Gavin being partners.

"But Hank! We still have to--"

"Don't worry, Aaron! You need the break. I'll take care of everything." Hank reassured.

We were about to leave but I stopped them.

"Wait." I grabbed my extra blazer Aaron was wearing and put it around her shoulders.

Kaycee and Jordan smirked while Jace rolled his eyes. Aaron looked at me like she wanted to tell me something, but was pulled out of the room by her two girl friends. Me and Jace followed behind them and they chatted on our way to the car.

So I guess me and Aaron are dating now? Are we together like boyfriend and girlfriend? I didn't want to tell Aaron that it was only for today because I didn't want Jace going after her. Though, the thought of me and her being together like a... couple made me feel... kind of Happy. I don't know why, but I feel better when other guys stay away from her.

But another thing thought that overtakes my mind is,... being a deviant. I'm no deviant, right? But the emotions that I'm not suppose to feel... I... I think I feel them. The events that happened at Kamki's place keep lingering in my mind. His words replaying in my head.

"You preferred to spare a machine rather than accomplish your mission. You saw a living being in this android. You showed empathy."

Empathy... it's a human emotion. Whose side am I really on?

To Be Continued...