- 4 6 -

As I drove closer and closer to my destination,  with each second that passed by, my head kept jumping and running around to assumptions. It was all 'what if' and worrying that I'm talking too long to save him from whatever is going on. As soon as I see his house, I quickly sped up to park somewhere near by. I take the gun and keys as I hopped out of my vehicle. I looked over at Hank's house to see if there was any obvious clues and signs of a break in or something. All his blinds were closed so I couldn't look inside.

I move closer to the front door, gripping the gun with my finger on the trigger. I took a deep breath, heart beating fast, before trying to kick the door open. To my surprise, it opens. I don't pay much attention to it. I took a step inside, quickly looking around for anything. I look to the floor to see some blood stains. It gave me shivers while wanting desperately to know what happened. No sign of Hank, at least not yet. No sign of Sumo either.

I entered his bedroom to finally see him. He was lying on the floor with his eyes closed, clutching the side of his hip that had red all over. I quickly ran to him.

"Hank!" I shouted as I kneeled.

He didn't move an inch.

"Hank!" I said as I shook him a bit. "Hank!!" My hands were now on his cheeks.

My eyes watered and I quickly stood up, grabbing my phone. I started dialling the police department's number but was interrupted by giggling. I look back down to see Hank eyes still closed but a smile across his face. I realized that he had pulled a prank on me. Before I could get mad at him for it, more voices were heard behind me.

"Happy Birthday, Aaron!"

I turned around to see Jace, Kaycee, and Jordan at the door. They were all wearing party hats and Kaycee was holding a tray of what seems like chocolate and vanilla cupcakes. There was white icing connecting all the cupcakes, making it seem like a real cake. 'Happy Birthday Aaron!' was written on it with blue icing.

Jordan was holding a confetti canon and popped it, making all the confetti burst in the air. My eyes were wide. I didn't even know what to feel. The fact that they made Hank pretend like he was dying just to get me to come over to throw me a surprise birthday party was kinda messed up.

Hank got up and walked over to my friends.

"Surprise?" He said while smiling awkwardly.

I glared at him.

"Seriously? I was worried for nothing? I can't believe you guys..." I sighed and closed my eyes while placing a hand over my heart.

"It was Jordan's idea!" Jace pointed at her.

"Hey! You agreed on it!" She snapped.

As they both argued, Kaycee walked up to me with the tray.

"We're super sorry! This won't ever happen again, I promise you." She looked down.

I took my hand and placed it on her head, waving it around to mess up her hair.

"Hey!" She gasped.

I just laughed as she struggled to put the tray down, trying not to drop it just to fix her hair.

"Where's Connor?" Jordan looked at Hank impatiently.

"I... don't know, but he should've already been he--"

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late." A voice interrupted Hank's.

We look over behind Jace and Jordan to see my love.

"Connor!" I shouted.

I quickly ran into his arms and he welcomed me with his warm embrace.

"Woah! Excited to see me?" I could hear him chuckle.