- 1 3 -

"You have reached your destination. Thank you for traveling with Detroit Taxis. We look forward to seeing you again soon." I arrived at Aaron's house with a taxi. 

I stepped out and tilted my head thinking if I should be here or not. since I was already there, I decided to just go with it. I stepped up on the stairs and rang her door bell. I waited a bit for her to answer, but I got no response. 

"Aaron Skyes?" I called while ringing it once again. "Is anyone home?" I called once again but got no response. 

I walked to a window and peeked through to find Vanilla roaming around the room. Such a cute dog... I thought while trying to find a way in. I found another window that was in the kitchen area and peeked through. There was blood on the counter and I squinted my eyes before they widened. Without hesitation I broke the window and hopped in. I fell and saw Vanilla climbing on me and licking my face. 

What the... I stood up quickly with the dog in hands and placed her on the ground. I scanned the blood on the counter and my assumption was correct. It was Aaron's blood. I crouched and tried not to make any noise as I saw a figure move swiftly across the room in the shadows. I put my right hand behind my back, feeling the metal of my gun, ready to shoot whoever was here to hurt Aaron. I felt cold metal against the back of my head as I looked up. 

"Jesus fucking Christ, Connor you scared me!" They lowered their gun. 

I turned around to see Aaron in a sweatshirt and sweatpants with her hair in a very low bun and a long strand of hair on the side of her face. 

"Why the hell are you here? And why did you break the fucking window?" I felt the rising anger in her. 

"You weren't answering the door, and I saw blood on the counter. Something could've happened to you." I replied as she sighed. 

"I cut myself with the new knife they gave me. The department sent me a lot of new and improved gadgets, with a lot more technology." Her words made me remember when she hit a nail in her finger when we first worked together. 

"How's your finger?" I asked and she tilted her head in confusion before understanding what I meant. 

"Oh. Its great. Healing well." She said blankly. 

I tried analyzing her, looking for the cut she got from the knife. Right hand, wrist. I gently but quickly took her wrist to inspect it. She had already treated it. She pulled her hand back and walked past me to her room. I followed her while Vanilla also followed us. As I walked in, I find Aaron pulling a book from her shelf and opened it. There was a secret scanner and she placed her hand on top of it. The shelf opened like a door. I stood there and watched, but she looked back at me. 

"You coming or what?" She said before walking inside. 

I quickly followed her and was led to a dimmed room with gadgets. There was a table with a bunch of new gadgets and she started to put them up on the wall. I looked around at all the dangerous weapons she had, a bunch of variations. 

"Me and Hank always get first dibs on gadgets." She said while placing a pistol with a blue streak that lights up in the dark. 

There was an ammo count on the top of it to tell you how much bullets you have. 

"Why...were you mad...?" I hopped on an empty table to sit on. 

She looked at me with a blank expression. 

"On the rooftop... You were defending that deviant. You're not even an android." I told while holding the new gun in my hands. 

"It's doesn't matter what you are, but how people treat others. It's not right." Her back was turned away from me. 

I didn't want to anger her further so I tried to change the subject. 

"What gadgets were you given?" I asked. 

"New knives, different guns, but more importantly..." She turned around to face me. "Notice anything different?" She gave me a few minutes. 

I scanned her face to find her wearing eye contacts with high technology. 

"High Tech contact lenses." I told her as she smiled. 

"They said that I will be the only one with these, not even Hank has them. I can now scan things like you can but, thats all they can do. I can also find blue blood with these on." She walked out of the room and I followed. 

The secret door closed like nothing was there. 

"So what's the real reason you came here?" She turned to face me. 

"I've received a new case and I was thinking we should go check it out. The crime scene is located at a sex club downtown." We walked to the kitchen she cleaned the blood on the counter. 

"Also, to check if you were alright." I looked away for a moment before looking back at her. 

She was staring at me with a small smirk on her face. 

"I'm fine, thanks." She pulled her right sleeve up, and was about to roll up the other, but quickly pulled it down. 

She bit her lip from nervousness and I knew it was odd. She finished cleaning the blood and I quickly rolled up her left arm's sleeve. There were big bruises that were dark and purple-ish. 

"Aar—" 

"I'm fine. It's just from the last mission..." She pulled her sleeve down again and threw the paper towel in the garbage can. 

"Just let me get changed." I opened my mouth to try and say something but she was faster. "And no I don't need help, thank you." She chuckled before disappearing to her room and closing the door. 

As I waited for her, I roamed around the room. There were pictures of her and some other friends of hers. I analyzed the faces beside Aaron all smiling together.

100%

PROCESSING    DATA.  .  .

___________________________________

KAYCEE    HIMORA

G: Female

Age: 21

Date Of Birth: June 27th, 2018

JORDAN     STERLINE

G: Female

Age: 20

Date Of Birth: March 13th, 2019

JACE     LIEKIN

G: Male

Age: 20

Date Of Birth: January 6th, 2019

I was guessing they were her friends since they appear in more than one picture. I walked to the kitchen to see if I could find anything. I looked at the counter, and saw more blood that Aaron must've missed. I grabbed a sheet of a paper towel and quickly wiped it, making sure not to miss anything. I was about to throw the bloody paper towel in the trash bin but when I opened it, there was a photo that was ripped five times. 

I grabbed the pieces of the picture and threw the paper towel. I set the ripped pieces on the counter and began to put it where it belong. I finally got the full photo and analyzed the picture. Aaron was twelve years old here. There were two people beside her. Diana and Jonathan Skyes, her mom deceased, but her dad still alive. I heard a door open so I quickly took the pieces and threw them the trash bin. I look up to see Aaron with her leather jacket. I smiled a bit at her, causing her to smile back at me.

To Be Continued....