- 4 2 -

- Connor's POV -

- - -

We stood on two large shipping containers that we connected to make it larger for us to stand on. Markus was in front while his group was on his right side, and me and Aaron were on his left. He started to give his speech to the thousands of androids that were scattered, all eyes on him.

"Today, our people finally emerge from a long night. From the very first day of our existence, we have kept our pain to ourselves. We suffered in silence... But now the time has come for us to raise our heads up, and tell humans who we really are." His words were inspiring.

"Now I'd like to thank someone... She actually had the humanity and helped our kind along with her partner." He said. "Aaron Skyes please come forward." 

Aaron looked at me a bit panicked, but I gave her a reassuring smile and nudged my head for her to head up beside Markus.

"Aaron Skyes is a human. A human who saw more than what we really are inside. I know there were some humans who thought the same as she did. But they didn't do much to help us and I don't blame them." He put a hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you, Aaron. We all appreciate what you and Connor have done to save most of our people." 

"I really didn't do much. Connor did most of it..." She looked back at me with a small smile on her face. 

I smiled back, but I suddenly closed my eyes, and re-opened them to be back where I meet Amanda. It was snowing, like a blizzard. I somehow felt cold, so I folded my arms together. I looked around, trying to find Amanda as I panicked a little. This can't be good...

Once I see her, I slowly try to walk up to her.

"Amanda..?" Once I call her name, she turns around to me. "Amanda! What's... What's happening?" I managed to get out.

"What was planned from the very beginning..." She had an evil smile plastered on her face. "You were compromised and you became a deviant. We just had to wait for the right moment to resume control of your program..." She explained.

"Resume control?.." I was shivering. "Y-You can't do that!" I shouted.

"I'm afraid I can, Connor... Don't have any regrets. You did what you were designed to do. You accomplished your mission." Then she disappeared.

"AMANDA!" I shouted once again for her but she was already gone. 

I looked around. 

"There's got to be a way..." I mumbled. 

I put my arm in front of my eyes a little to cover the snow from going in them. The snow was blinding and I could't see a thing. I slowly started to roam around, finding anything that could help me escape. 

"By the way... I always leave an emergency exit in my programs... You never know..."

Kamski's words echoed around me. Find the emergency exit... but where...?  Time was ticking, and I know it was because when I blinked again, I was back with the others. Aaron was still up front with Markus. I didn't have control over my body, and can feel the gun in my grip being pulled out of my back pocket.

I blinked once again and I was back trying to find the exit. Come on, come on! I groaned in frustration. As I kept walking, a blue LED light caught my attention. I quickly walked over to it and it had a hand print on it. As soon as I saw it, I collapsed in front of it and stretched my arm out. 

I slammed my hand down on the print, as I blinked once again to find myself pointing my gun at Aaron's head. I quickly pulled my arm down. Did anyone even notice...? I questioned myself. I looked around but no one was looking at me.

"The moment where we forget our bitterness and bandage our wounds. When we forgive our enemies." Markus was still giving his speech.

I looked down at my hand that had the gun and quickly tucked it back where it belonged.

"Humans are both our creators and our oppressors and tomorrow... We must make them our partners. Maybe even one day our friends." Aaron headed back over to me.

"Oh God, that's a huge crowd of androids... I was so nervous..." She sighed in relief.

She suddenly stopped, and gave me a worried expression.

"Hey, are you alright? You look a bit shook." She whispered, trying not to disturb Markus' speech.

"Yea, I'm fine. Just looking back at my actions..." I lied.

"Hey, it's okay. Being "Just a machine" is over now." She smiled. 

"Yea... It's finally over..." I smiled while nodding a bit.

We both kept our attention back at Markus.

"And now, we are free!" He shouted.

The thousands of androids were cheering and chanting as he finished. I suddenly felt something cold holding my hand. I look to see Aaron's hands intertwined with me. She was looking down,  but smiling brightly.

"Hey, don't smile at the ground, smile at me." I told her.

She looked at me with that beautiful smile of hers. 

To Be Continued...

A/N: Wow we're so close to the end of the story... T^T