- 4 4 -

- Connor's POV -

I watched as Aaron sipped her drink with a small sad face. I could tell she felt bad for me which I thought was super cute. She kept sipping before her eyes lit up a bit and a small smile was plastered on her face. I wonder what she's thinking...

"That's a little creepy... Staring at Aaron like that..." Hank pointed out with a face of disgust.

Before Aaron could look up at me, I turned to look the other way. I gave hank the 'Hey! What the hell!' face while my cheeks were burning blue. I could hear Aaron chuckled beside me as I sighed quietly to myself.

"Why, do I have something on my face?" She me a bit of a worried smile.

"Yea." I answered.

"What?!" She started to panic. "What is it?!" She started rummaged through her pocket, pulling out her phone.

"You have beautiful all over your face." I looked down, smiling at my lap.

In my peripheral vision, I could see her head turning to my direction. I felt an impact on my shoulder as she called my name, clearly flustered.

"Connor!" Her cheeks were brushed with pink, and her eyebrows were scrunched.

"Uh, don't forget about me..." Hank cringed. "I'm still here."

"Sorry, Hank." I apologized.

- - -

The three of us were now walking in the cold weather, admiring the busy streets and the buildings we come across. Aaron was ahead of both me and Hank, so Hank leaned in closer to my ear and whispered something. I looked at him with my eyebrows scrunched.

"Today? When?" I tried to keep it down so Aaron wouldn't be suspicious.

"Same time. Most of the things are prepared." He gave a small smile.

I panicked a little as I still have no idea what to give her. I thought about it for a while, but nothing came to me.

"It's alright, son, you'll think of something. You're an android, remember? Aren't you suppose to know?" He nudged my arm a bit while whispering. 

"Yea but, I need something meaningful. Not just a normal present." I sighed. 

"I know you'll think of one." He gave me a small smile.

About an hour later, we said out goodbyes and Hank parted ways. If you couldn't already tell, the surprise party will still be going on. I haven't been able to think of what to get Aaron, but I wanted something meaningful to get her. I sighed, as we walked down the pathway. Every time Aaron exhales, a fog-like air comes out as if she was smoking without a cigarette.

I take her hand in mine and intertwine our fingers. I set my body temperature to warm so she can gain some warmth in her cold hand. While walking, I search for ideas of anything I can give her, scrolling through websites and pictures. I didn't realize we were already home when she let's go of my hand to get the keys. 

She inserts the keys in the lock, and twists as it opens for us. We both head inside take our shoes off. I instantly head towards the controls for the heater and turn it on. Aaron takes her jacket off and places it in the closet. She groans before dragging herself to the couch and dropping herself. 

"I'm bored!" She whines. 

I chuckle before responding.

"Anything you want to do?" I ask her while still setting the controls for the heater.

"I don't know... anything YOU want to do?" She sits up to look at me.

"Well I do have to run some errands. Wanna come with?" I finished and turned to look at her.

"Why didn't we just go straight to wherever you needed to go?" She tilted her head.

"Well, I thought you were cold and would want to stay here. Though I do recommend you stay here." I made an excuse.

"Why? Do you not want me to go with you?" She assumed.

"Of course I want you to come with me, but I want you to stay and warm up. I don't want you getting sick." I replied.

"Oh stop treating me like a child." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"I'll be quick." I said as I took her motorcycle keys.

"Alright fine then. Be careful!" She waved to me. 

I put my shoes on and smiled at her.

"I will." I said as I opened the door.

I headed outside back into the cold weather and sighed as I closed the door. I have the perfect idea...

To Be Continued...