- 2 3 -

Blushing? I turned to Connor while we walked towards Hank's car. My motorcycle was parked in the garage, and It would be best to just go with Hank.

"Blushing? No, I'm not." And again with the straight face.

Hank got into the driver's seat and me and Connor sat at the back. Hank gave me a raised eyebrow with a slight smirk on his face through the car mirror. I just shrugged a bit. Hank started the car, and we were off. I looked outside the window while in deep thought. I was starting to realizing how close I got to Connor over the days and how Hank was also starting to get use to him.

I looked over at Connor and he seemed to also be looking out the window. I took a moment to admire his handsome features before he turned to look at me. He caught me staring and I quickly looked away like nothing happened. I pulled out my phone that I hadn't browsed in days as I could still feel Connor's eyes glued onto me. I didn't want to look because I didn't want to feel awkward. This was my chance to finally look at messages, emails, and maybe check on some of my games.

My eyes went to the bottom of the screen, attention being grabbed by a red bubble beside the text message icon. 163 messages? I touched the icon and it brought me to my messages. All of the messages were from my group chat with my closest friends, Kaycee, Jordan, and Jace. I started scrolling up to see that they were all spamming for me to answer. Seriously, these guys... could've just called me, you idiots... They even kept changing the group name. It was currently: AARON YOU BETTER ANSWER US RIGHT NOW!

AARON YOU BETTER ANSWER US RIGHT NOW!

Kaycee: AAROOOOONNNN!
HELP WE NEED UUUU WE'RE BOREDDDDDD!

Jace: AARON SAMANTHA SKYES, U BETTER ANSWER RN!
FTHUTHETUIEWTEH
TIWHTIUWTWHWBT
IUWEBTEWHUIBEWT
UTUIWVWIUIUEBIU
UTYETUUTIOUTIO
WUTIOTBUWDJHEW
GHHHOINTEHTBTH
WTWTTEWTHE

Jordan: Guys c'mon! You know she's busy! She's a cop for crying out loud!

Jace: A beautiful one^

Kaycee: OOOOOOOO JAARON!!! JACEON?

Jace: that was Jamie.

Kaycee: Gonna blame it on your little sister, eh?

This is why I don't answer them. They spam and I end up muting the chats and their private message. I smiled while sighing and rolling my eyes playfully. These dorks... I looked through all the dates these were sent so I knowhow long they've been talking on the chat. I decided to finally say something, so I changed the group chat name and start off the conversation.

AARON IS NOW ONLINE

Aaron: You guys are so annoying...

Right after I sent that, Kaycee was the first one to reply.

AARON IS NOW ONLINE

Kaycee: AARON! ARE YOU
BUSY? WANNA HANG OUT?
WE WERE GONNA ASK YOU
BUT YOU WEREN'T
ANSWERING ANY OF US!
HOW ARE YOU? HOW
HAVE YOU BEEN?
DO YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?
IS THAT WHY YOU'RE NOT ANSWERING OUR TEXTS?
DID YOU REPLACE US?!?!?!?!?

Jace: WOAH WOAH WOAH, BOYFRIEND?!?!

Aaron: Yes I'm busy, can't hangout,
I'm great, been doing well,
I'm currently single, not answering
cuz u guys are annoying most of
the times, and I didn't replace
you guys. Even if you guys
are annoying as heck, I can
never replace you guys. ☺️

Jordan: Thats really sweet of you,
Aaron, but I am offended and
hurt by your words. 😪

I chuckled as I kept texting them. Jace was on and we were all texting like #SquadGoals. They hadn't changed one bit and I was now smiling to myself. They asked me about how the department was and if anything juicy happened. I was trying to type as quickly as I can just in case we were near to our destination. I told them about how I have an android as my partner and what cases I was assigned to.

"Calm down with the typing... I can hear the clicking and it's really annoying. How do you kids type so fast?" He chuckled.

I chuckled with him.

"Sorry, it's been a while since I've talked to my friends and they've been spamming for me to answer." I said as I turned my ringer off to stop the clicking noise.

"Jace, Kaycee, and Jordan are texting you..." Connor spoke.

I turned to him.

"Yea, how do you know?" I tilted my head.

"I connected to your phone and could see what you guys are talking about." He looked me in the eyes. "This guy Jace... he flirts with you from time to time... is he your boyfriend?" He asked.

"Woahoah! Someone's jealous..." Hank's eyes were glued to the road.

"I'm not jealous....just simply...curious..." He cleared.

"No, Jace is not my boyfriend, he is just a close friend of mine."

"With the messages he sent you, sounds like he likes you." Connor turned his head to face the window again.

"Does it matter?" I crashed my eyebrows together.

"No... No it doesn't.." Then the conversation ended.

"Connor." I called out as he turned back to me.

His LED was red before turning yellow, then blue.

"Nevermind.." I looked back down to my phone.

"We're here." Hank announced.

We had arrived at the address and I quickly texted the chat that I had to go. I wish I could talk to them more but, I'm out on a mission trying to get information. I realized I hadn't had a day off since.... I can't even remember. Before I could open the door, we hear a ringtone. I knew it wasn't mine because it isn't the same ringtone I had. Hank fumbled around and grabbed his phone out of his pocket. He looked at the caller, then at us.

"Wait here..." He said before opening the door and closing it.

We watched as Hank walked in front of the car, back facing us as he talked on the phone. he walked back and forth while on the phone. Me and Connor waited a couple of minutes in awkward silence before I got impatient.

To Be Continued...