Chapter 8

Do Not Go Gentle

❇❇❇❇

She has faced battles worse than death. She is habitual to never being weak.

❇❇❇❇

Isabelle's head shot up as she tried to remember the last thing she saw. She remembered walking into her home after coming back from the Salvatore boarding house when somebody had tried to sneak up on her.

She then remembered the excruciating anguish she felt when something corrosive hit her face and her vision had been compromised before falling unconscious to the ground.

She looked around frantically only to find out that she was tied to a chair with a circle of salt drew around her on the ground. She looked around to find herself in a dungeon.

She noticed the cuts on her arms and the knife stabbed in her thigh, she could feel the metal piercing her skin and her blood oozing out of all of her wounds. Her body felt like it was on fire and her access to magic seemed lost.

She was in intense pain and it was difficult for her to breathe because every breath she took felt like inhaling knives and for some reason her healing abilities seemed to have disappeared.

She tried to break free as the chains rattled due to the rough movement of her hands, she tried to access her magic, but none of those things happened.

She felt like a hole burnt out in her body in the place where her magic once was and she couldn't feel anything but the emptiness inside herself.

"Don't try, you can't be freed." A familiar voice rang through the room, making her glare in the direction it came from. She felt nothing but fury and hatred for the person responsible.

"Show yourself!" Isabelle growled and the person chuckle as they walked in. Finally realizing who it was, she was beyond confused and shocked.

"Rebekah?" Isabelle asked incredulously.

"Guess again, love," Rebekah said, making Isabelle look at her puzzled.

The blonde shook her head and casually walked behind her chair and bent her head down to whisper in her ear.

"I am not Rebekah. After all, this is my son's favorite trick too."

That was when it clicked. The raven-haired witch had only known Rebekah for a short time but she trusted the blonde Original enough to believe that she would never harm her.

Rage flashed through her whole body and she completely forgot the pain she was in and tried to find even the last shred of her magic so she could possibly fight the evil witch.

"Esther," Isabelle growled.

"Hello, Queen," Esther addressed, mocking her.

Isabelle scoffed, "I am a legend in the supernatural world. Show some respect."

Esther laughed maliciously, "Even the strongest of Queens have a weakness and yours happens to be Volcanic Ash from the Downworld."