03- aftermath

Man. I like this guy who looks like a mixture of post malone and Ethan Cutkosky (carl from shameless) and he always leaves me on read but wants to hang out and drink and all that fun stuff and tell me what I need to do cause he says he likes me but like wtf 😩😩

(Update: that was a few days ago and now we have a date. We're gonna go kayaking 🤗)

Niall
I sit up in the bed as Harry smirks at me. From this look alone I feel like crying. I sit on the same bed where my boyfriend told me to stay away from Harry within the same hour of cheating on him.

Oh god I'm a cheater.

"We can keep this a secret. I know you want me." Harry says boasting himself before running his hand up my leg.

He leans in and kisses my lips.

I plan on pushing him out and crying but instead I settle into the kiss with the soft lips that I've missed too much.

"You need to leave" I whisper as Harry pulls a few inches away.
I don't open my eyes. I can't look at him. I can't let myself fall for him again. I have a boyfriend.

"Wow. You use me then you kick me out? Sounds a lot like past Harry." He says laughing as I don't. This isn't funny.

"It's the same sickening Harry. He's just playing a different game." I say standing up and walking him to the door.

"And I'm not playing." I say pushing him out. I'm about to shut the door when his foot steps in it.

"Kiss me please?" He asks as I rest my forehead against the back of the door. I can't do this to Tristan. He doesn't deserve betrayal.

I pull the door open and grab Harry's collar.

I kiss him shortly watching the first calm smile take over his features.

"Goodnight babe." He says pulling his foot away and walking down the hall. His dorm room seems to be only 5 rooms away.

I shut the door and collapse to the floor. I feel tears run down my face as I hold myself.

Why did I let him do this to me? Why did he have to come back into my life? Why couldn't he have just stayed around the first time?

I pull myself up from the floor and walk to my phone to see no texts from Tristan.

I delete Harry's number knowing it will just pop up again later. At least I can get rid of him for now.

I need him to get out of my life. But how? How can I keep everything I have ever wanted and yet get away from Harry's sadistic way of love?

I can't. I only got over Harry mere months ago. Maybe I never did get over Harry? Maybe Tristan just distracted me from Harry long enough that I forgot about him.

As soon as I seen Harry I felt angry for him leaving me and only thinking about himself. Now that I know he's not leaving me, I can't help but get the old feelings I once had for Harry.

Even though I know that I really shouldn't.

I shut off my light and climb into my bed. I need some time alone, I need to be away from Harry, from anyone.

I feel disgusting.

Both mentally and physically.

Maybe I'll talk with Tristan tomorrow. He deserves to know about what happened but I don't know if we have enough experience for him to want to stay with me.

I can't be alone right now. I'll end up running back to Harry as if he never left.

I roll over and close my eyes hoping that tomorrow everything will be better.

_____

I'm woken up by knocking on my door. If that's Harry then I will shave him bald.

I stand up from the bed and walk to the door, I open it revealing my boyfriend, Tristan.

I smile as he grabs me in a hug and walks us into my room.

"My job interview went amazing. They called me back and they want me to start today" Tristan says as I pat him on the back.

"I'm so proud of you!" I exclaim as he stares at my neck.

"What happened to your neck?" He asks trying to look closer as I stand up from the bed to check the my appearance in the mirror.

"Oh. I fell last night." I say looking down hoping that he won't see past my lie. I had no idea Harry left that.

"It doesn't look like you fell." He says as I shake my head.

"Tristan, I fell." I say as my last resort. If he doesn't believe me I will come clean.

"Okay." He says making me both glad and disappointed. Now I've cheated and lied.

"Some guy in the hall was talking to me." He says as I freeze. Did Harry get to him before I could?

"Says that the track opens up today. I was thinking I'd go run it." He says as I feel relief wash over me. I should just come clean.

I look at the time and gasp. I begin to gather my clothes for a shower. I have a class in two hours.

"That sounds fun. If I liked running." I say watching him smile. I wish I didn't betray you.

"Oh I know. You hate physical activity." He says as I'm brought to thinking of the physical activity that happened last night.

No.

I sit down next to him and hope that he wants me enough to not leave me after I tell him what happened last night.

"Tristan. I need to tell you something." I say watching him smile.

"Me too." He says smiling wider.

"I ch-"

"I want you to meet my parents tonight." He says as I am glad I didn't blurt what happened last night.

"O-oh. Okay." I say watching him smile. Why are you so happy?

I load my shower caddy and smile at him before disappearing to the shower room.

God help me.

______

(: