27- new rules

Niall

I stay in bed for hours until 3 am. Then I finally get the courage to stand from my bed and walk down the hallway to Harry's door. I grab the door knob and walk into the dorm to see Harry surrounded by boxes.

"I'm pregnant." I say loudly before I can talk myself out of not telling him. I don't question why he's up this late but he only nods.

"I know." He says before sitting up and sighing.

"Well how did you know?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows as Harry stands from the bed.

"You avoided me for a week straight then you finally came to tell me." He says as I stay quiet.

"You cheated on me." I say crossing my arms and changing the subject. I need him to explain himself before I pounce on him again.

"I did. And I'm sorry." He says running his hand through his hair. He tugs at the roots before putting his hands on his hips.

"I know you're not going to forgive me." He says before turning his lamp off leaving us in the dark. He crawls into his bed under the covers and I stay silent.

"You're done talking to me?" I ask as he shakes his head in the dark.

"No, I just have a lot to think about and I'm stressed." He says as I can't help but feel bad for him.

"I stopped talking to Louis. I told him it's over and it really is, Niall. I miss you." He says as I stay silent. I don't want to say anything to him in fear that I may take pity on him.

"Niall, I love you. I know that seems like bullshit right now but I do. I'm going to take care of you." He says with his eyes shut.

I scrape my shoe on the floor and don't bother looking back up at him.

"What's with the boxes?" I ask as Harry leans back on his elbows.

"I found an apartment. You should pack too." He says as I shut my eyes.

"It's a two bedroom, so you won't have to deal with me." He says as I look at the wall.

"I was thinking of going back to London." I lie knowing that I only now thought of that option.

"Well, Okay. But I'm still going to help you. I don't think you should give up on university because of this. We can make this work." He says as I shake my head.

"I can't believe I let this happen." I say feeling tears welling up in my eyes.

I feel his arms around me and I debate on pushing him away but instead I let him hold me. He's the closest thing I have to a friend.

Friends.

"I'll move in with you, but we need rules. All brand new." I say as Harry takes a step back.

"I won't sleep in your bed, I won't wear your clothes, we split the rent each month and you don't touch my food. " I say as Harry begins to nod.

"When the baby comes then we upgrade, maybe save money each month and we get a three bedroom or a small house, I don't know." I say as Harry's arms fall back around me.

"We'll figure it out when we get there." He says as I pull my head away from his chest.

"I wasn't done." I say as Harry hugs me tighter.

"I get the jist of it."

______

Word count : 589