34-stay

Niall

I pick myself up off of the floor and move towards the bed. I never expected Harry to unleash this mood with me. Harry's mood has always been a beast to fight with. It's simply too much for me right now.

A knock on the door makes me internally groan. I don't want to deal with whoever is on the other side of that door right now. I don't think that I want to be dealing with anybody right now.

I get up slowly and I open the door. Harry pushes past me into the room and sets a stack of movies down along with a handful of flowers, they aren't store bought and still have dirt on the stems showing me that he picked them from wherever he found them.

"Those are your favourites and I didn't know if you wanted food. So I got you flowers." He says quietly as I slowly cross my arms.

"I'm sorry." He says holding my shoulders softly. He leans in and his lips press against my forehead before he wraps me in his arms.

Harry is the only person That I can't hold out on.

I try to stand still and not give into my feelings but when his hand begins to rub my back and his chin nuzzles into my neck I feel myself cry in his arms before pushing him away to wipe my eyes.

"I'll change." He says in a promising tone. I look up at him scanning his face for any sign of this harsh joke he likes to pull.

"Don't do this to me" I beg weakly. I'm not sure if this is my last attempt to keep him away but it sure feels like it.

"I won't." He promises and pulls me towards his chest gently. I let him hug me mostly because I really need this right now.

"Break up with him, we'll move back to London and go from there." He says softly as I push him away again.

"I feel like I can be happy with him, Harry." I say watching him wince at my words.

"You we're happier with me." He says softly grabbing my elbow softly.

"I was. Before you cheated, lied, cheated again and called me a whore." I say watching him close his eyes.

"I didn't mean to call you that I just-." Harry starts but cuts himself off.

"I let you go once. I don't want to lose you again." He says letting his fingers fall from my arm.

I don't know what I was thinking.

Maybe I wasn't.

I lean towards him onto my toes and I place my lips on his.

This kiss is deep, not heavy or hot.

Just deep, passionate, hopeful.

"I love you." Harry says as our lips part. I want to pull away from his embrace but I can't.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and i find myself pulling my arms away from Harry so I can retrieve my phone from my pocket.

*so how about bowling? (:*

My fingers do a dance hovering over the screen. I don't know how to answer especially now that Harry is looking over my shoulder.

*can we reschedule? I'm not feeling too well.*

I shut my phone off and look back up at Harry who seems to be conflicted.

"You can go on your date." He says letting my arms go for the fiftieth time today.

"No, we're talking." I say not bothering to answer my phone.

I know I should probably have taken Harry's offer. But the look on his face makes staying back worthwhile.

"I was thinking about moving back to London." I say bringing back Harry's suggestion to leave New York.

"When?" He asks running his hand through his hair.

"I have no idea. Soon though." I say leaning against my dresser.

"My mom wants us to get married." I say chuckling at the thought.

"I'm never getting married." He says for the second time to me. His parents ruined marriage for him. I don't blame him.

Marriage never kept my father from leaving.

"I don't think I will either." I agree crossing my arms before Harry rests his hand on my shoulder.

"Do you need anything? Or want anything?" Harry asks as I start to think about pickles.

"Pickles?" I ask watching him furrow his eyebrows.

"I meant emotionally, but I can get you some pickles." He says chuckling as I blush at my simple mistake.

"I'll come back, I have to call my mum. I haven't spoken to her since she broke up our fight." He says as I remember Anne having to hold me back from trying to go UFC on her son.

I nod and feel him softly squeeze my shoulder before he turns to the door. I let him walk out of my dorm and I put the first movie on the stack of DVD cases into my laptop pressing play.

I barely notice time going by as I'm into the middle of the movie by the time my door is being knocked on again.

I stand up and open the door grabbing the large jar of pickles from Harry's hands.

I climb into my bed and I pay the surface softly. He kicks his shoes off and walks in holding many other junk foods. He collapses onto the bed and offers me a twizzler before filling me in on his conversation with his mother.

"So she tells me that we need to come home, and that we need to get married." He says as I shake my head.

"My mother said the same thing to me." I say as Harry scoffs.

"I'd kill myself if I had to marry you." He says as I laugh.

"That helps me so much. I'd murder you if we got married so you're saving me one less body to hide." I say feeling his palm slap my thigh.

I laugh at his soft assault and I force myself to pay attention to the movie before I find myself forgiving him too easily.

I can't let him walk all over me again.

He laughs as a raunchy joke from grown ups is told and I feel my heart warming.

I'm a mat and he's just laced up his boots.

________

Word count 1054