22 - you had one job (!)

Niall

I feel my phone buzz in the dark and I groan. That's the third time tonight.

I pick it up and read the incoming messages.

*Niall I didn't mean to hurt you*

*is he still there?*

*I should come over. *

*fuck it, I'm coming.*

I sigh and wait for the knocking on my door. I love how Harry feels the need to check on me but at the same time I just need some time alone.

When the knocking finally sounds I stand up and open the door to see Harry standing in the hall with a worried expression.

"I'm fine Harry. He left, now I'm going to sleep, I'll see you in class." I say beginning to shut the door but Harry beats me.

I look down at the top of his boot where light from the hallway pours through the crack in the door. I sigh and open the door again.

Harry grabs my chin and looks at my eye intently.

"You're bruising." He whispers as I push him off gently. He almost looks hurt.

"It's okay Harry" I say softly hoping that he'll believe me and go back to his dorm.

"Ni, you know that I didn't mean to hurt you right?" He asks running his thumb over my cheek bone. I look up into his soft eyes and lean into his palm

"Yes, Harry. I'm fine, I'm going to bed now." I say as he steps into the room and shuts the door.

Before I can speak his lips are on mine and he's picking me up. I kiss him back gently and pull away before things get heated.

"Can I join?" He asks softly as I nod. He sets me down on the bed and lays next to me before wrapping both of his arms around me and pulling me into his chest.

"If we lived in an apartment people wouldn't come into our lives like this." He says as I stay silent. He's right.

"I don't know Harry. It's too soon to move in together. You just came back. I don't even know what I'm doing with myself" I say as he places a kiss on the top of my head.

"We can make it work." He says kissing my cheek this time.

"Okay."

"Okay?" He asks unsure as I lean my head into his chest.

"We can go looking tomorrow. Let's just sleep okay?" He asks as He looks down at me.

"I'm still sorry." He whispers as I kiss his bare chest.

"Don't be. It's okay."

_______

When I wake up Harry's head is pressed into my chest and I feel sticky from all of the sweat on our bodies. It's way too hot in here.

I reach over the night stand and click the button on my small fan relieving myself from some of the heat between our bodies.

I carefully slip myself out from under Harry's body without waking him. I will need a shower if we're going to be meeting apartment realtors today.

I gather my shower caddy and walk to the showers with my towel in my hand. I push the door open and smile when I see that nobody else is around.

I step into my usual shower stall and begin to strip. I throw my clothes into the second outing and shut the door behind me.

I start the shower and sigh under he hot water. I wash myself quickly enjoying the time I have alone in the showers.

I am a bit scared to move in with someone so soon in my life but the pro's are beginning to outweigh the cons.