44- runaway baby

Niall Horan

I know he's awake. I know that he knows that I'm awake. But somehow we just don't speak. I feel like if I were to speak I would breakdown, throw everything at him, I would say things that I don't mean.

But that makes him smart to not speak to me.

I run my hand over my stomach once again feeling the warmth under my skin heat my palm. Obviously I didn't get the abortion. But if Harry knew that then he might lose his mind.

I remember when we first started this whole relationship. He was pushing me down in the dirt then kissing me the same night. Why did I see that as romance? That's just a budding abusive relationship.

And surprise. We're in bloom.

I spent the day unpacking our bags, now I'm regretting putting my clothes back into the closet. Maybe if I kept my clothes in the suitcase then I wouldn't be here. I'd be at a hotel. I'd be anywhere else than with this man who smells like his other lover and sex.

I feel Harry's chest softly rose and fall, I look up to his face seeing soft snores fall from his slightly parted lips.

I roll away from his embrace and I slowly stand up grabbing my phone and charger. I quietly walk towards the closet and begin to empty my clothes into a suitcase. It drives me crazy that I'm not folding anything but I don't have the time. I don't know if Harry is passed out or if he could wake up from any sound.

I pack everything I need and slowly zip up the suit case. Maybe I shouldn't be running away in New York.

I could be running away in London.

I nod to myself before grabbing last minute things and my keys. Before I leave the bedroom I take a look back at the man I once loved.

But not anymore.

________

I groan as I wake up feeling my muscles ache from the night before.

"Can you get me some aspirin?" I ask Niall as I hold my hand over my eyes. It's too damn bright in here.

"babe." I say reaching out feeling nothing but sheets.

My eyes snap open and I look around the room. The closet is gutted, his stiff is gone from the dresser and his laptop is gone from the desk.

I sit up quickly running my hands through the sheets for my phone. When I grab it I see that I have missed calls from my mother.

I call Niall's number but I'm instantly sent to voice mail. I tap my mother's contact and wait for the war that I'm about to have over the phone.

_______

I smile as I take another bite of the eggs my mother made as Anne tells us about how she woke up and a strangers cat was in her bed.

"It kind of just sneuggled up to me. I returned it an hour later than I would have because the cat was very warm." She says making my mum laugh as I smile down at the table.

Anne's phone begins to ring and I glance at the contact. Harry.

I slowly look down as Anne picks up the phone.

"Harry why aren't you here with Niall? You made him travel all this way without you? He's pregnant you know." She says as I feel like puking.

"I didn't know he was there." I hear across the line.

"He just took his shit last night and left." He says as I hear ruffling around along with the zip of his suitcase. No.

I begin to pick at my food with the end of my fork, feeling the eyes of my mother and Harry's.

"Oh, well you're on your way?" She asks as I hear Harry confirm her thoughts.

"Yeah. Then he can tell me what the fuck is going on."

_______________

Word count 659