28- strange encounters

Niall

I don't feel much different.

That's a lie.

I feel entirely different. My entire world has fallen off of it's axis. I feel swarmed with butterflies every time that I think of this baby and I feel stiff every time I think about the father.

I can't help but feel happy that I could in fact have children. Although it's just such a bad time. I just wish that my boyfriend could be someone that I could count on.

I sit up from my bed and stretch feeling my back and knee's crack. Maybe I should get in better shape, eat for once.

It's been a few days since my classes have been in session. But today I have a class. Human sciences.

I have little to no energy to deal with my pissed off professor today but I know that I'm going to need to.

I stand up from the bed and walk over to my dresser. I grab black jeans and a pink cropped t shirt and begin to dress myself.

Knowing that Harry has the same class as me leaves me on edge even though I know that he won't bother to show up.

I fix my hair and make up before grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. I grab my phone and slip it into my back pocket just as my alarm goes off.

I walk out of my dorm room and begin the treacherous journey to the auditorium that holds my session.

I drive slower than I usually would but fast enough so that I won't be late.

Park close to the doors in the large parking lot and walk inside. I find my usual seat quickly and prep my materials on the small desk.

I wait for the four hour class to start and when it does I couldn't be more grateful.

After writing notes and doing a few searches on koalas I finally am able to pack up my stuff.

Once again. I'm one of the last people out but I don't care. Even if that gives the professor a chance to speak to me.

"Niall Horan." He calls as I ignore him. I push my laptop into my bag and stack my notes neatly before placing them into a folder.

"I'm speaking to you." He says standing up and walking around his desk. He's taller than I thought he would be.

I sling my bag over my shoulder and begin to walk down towards him. Not towards him, towards the door.

"What do you want?" I address him bitterly as my foot hits the floor of level ground.

"I want to know why you're so grumpy." He says leaning against his desk as I stand with my arms crossed.

"No you don't, you want to get into my business then make fun of me for it." I speak as he chuckles.

"No, I care." He says making me roll my eyes. Oh I Haven't heard that one before.

"Look, if you won't tell me now, then you're going to have to tell me over dinner." He says as I raise an eyebrow.

"As in a date?" I ask fiddling with my fingers.

"You could call it that." He says before sighing deeply.

"Of course, only if you promise not to bring another guy." He says as I shake my head.

"You're my professor, you and I can't go out on a date. It would make grading my work become biased and if you get caught then you get fired. It's not fun." I say watching him smile and for once it's not laced with humour about me cheating.

"I won't get caught, and I'll grade your work how I see fit. I'll pick you up at seven?" He asks as I stay silent.

I eventually nod and pull my bag tighter against my body.

"Good, I'll see you then." He says walking back around his desk. I turn around slowly and begin to walk away feeling slightly content with my strange encounter.

When I get to my car I don't bother to start it. I only stare at the large auditorium where a man who hated me sits and grades work.

Why would he ask me out?

God dammit.

__________

Word count : 714