Catching Up

As Willy spoke, I started remembering small things, like our first kiss, or kisses, as Willy put it. I smiled. "It was the first time you called me by my name," he added.

"I was so worried that you'd get upset about it," I laughed.

"You remember?" he asked.

"Yes," I replied, "I got lipstick on you." I gently cupped his cheek, my thumb brushing over his lips. "I've been asleep for a year?"

"Exactly a year," he whispered. I hesitated a moment before pressing my lips to his. Willy's hand moved to my waist as he pushed me back against the bed and climbed over me. I grinned, letting my fingers thread through his hair.

"Happy Anniversary then," I breathed. We continued kissing until he started running his hands up my thighs. "Willy, you said we can't."

"I said we should wait," he corrected.

"And we should," I told him, "It's too risky." Willy sighed, pressing his lips to my neck.

"You're right." He got off of me. "How are you feeling?"

"Lightheaded," I replied, "but that's because of the kiss." I closed my eyes laying my head on the pillow. "Can you turn out that light?" I asked. I heard the light switch off. Willy laid his head on my chest. "When did you know you loved me?"

"When you came to see me after I messed up. I knew I wanted to marry you then too, but I didn't tell you that."

"No kids?" I asked.

"We were only married a few days, Starshine." I sighed, running my hand through his hair. "What's wrong?"

"In my memories, I couldn't have children."

"Why didn't you tell me that part?"

"Because it wasn't important." We were silent, and I continued messing with his hair.

"I'm sorry," Willy said, a few minutes later.

"For?" I asked.

"Breaking your heart," he whispered, "even if it wasn't really me. It felt real to you."

"You don't have to apologize, Willy," I replied.

"How long until you saw me again?"

"Ten years." I felt him yawn. "Get some sleep, my love, we can talk more when you wake."

"I don't want to sleep."

"Well, I know one thing my head got right," I laughed.

"What's that?"

"You're a stubborn manchild."

"Hey!"

"Hay's for horses." I kissed his head. "You need your sleep, Willy. It'd make me feel better."

"I can't sleep," he mumbled, gripping onto my gown. "I have nightmares that you're gone, and it's all my fault."

"I'll watch over you." I started humming, and eventually, his grip loosened.